Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It IS a binary process if you are evaluating the pick as it was picked OR retrospectively. Agree it isn’t if not.

If you are separating the quality of the pick from JRob being held accountable retrospectively, I have a real problem with that. You can’t rationalize the pick was OK because “what pick was better at the time?” Everybody uses performance to evaluate the pick.

It was a consensus opinion AT THE TIME Wilson was picked it was a reach project pick. It was not a popular pick with “pundits”. And you just don’t gamble with 1st round picks. So any suggestion that it can’t be classified as a bad pick and that the pick does not reflect negatively on JRob is simply rationalization.

This makes absolutely no sense. So you can't disagree with what happened but also not agree with the "other" idea.

I never said the Wilson pick was "OK". Show me the post that says that. I can easily name a better pick at the time (Fulton, Johnson, Diggs), but when you say it should have been an EDGE player I'm asking who should have been taken there. What rookie edge player would you be happy their production as a first round pick. Because thats the arguement. We should have drafted an edge player in the first instead of Clowney. I'm asking who you would have taken instead. Not saying there was no one better than Wilson (because his lazy azz just practiced the whole week for the first time as a Titan).

Also show me where it doesn't negatively reflect on JRob? You are just making stuff up lol I never said that. This might be his biggest whiff in the draft. It was a horrible pick. I'd be surprised if he ever plays a down for us. But if you are arguing we should have taken an edge player instead of signing Clowney I want to know who you would have taken instead of Wilson there. You still haven't answered that question...

This makes absolutely no sense. So you can't disagree with what happened but also not agree with the "other" idea.

I never said the Wilson pick was "OK". Show me the post that says that. I can easily name a better pick at the time (Fulton, Johnson, Diggs), but when you say it should have been an EDGE player I'm asking who should have been taken there. What rookie edge player would you be happy their production as a first round pick. Because thats the arguement. We should have drafted an edge player in the first instead of Clowney. I'm asking who you would have taken instead. Not saying there was no one better than Wilson (because his lazy azz just practiced the whole week for the first time as a Titan).

Also show me where it doesn't negatively reflect on JRob? You are just making stuff up lol I never said that. This might be his biggest whiff in the draft. It was a horrible pick. I'd be surprised if he ever plays a down for us. But if you are arguing we should have taken an edge player instead of signing Clowney I want to know who you would have taken instead of Wilson there. You still haven't answered that question...

I’m tired of arguing. You’ve answered that question yourself. Take ANY edge rusher (YGM, whosoever) if you are supporting that Wilson may have been the biggest “whiff” in the draft. You’re evaluating retrospectively, like I pointed out . It rationalizes the quality of the pick- not the player. Hey- we disagree. I’m over it. I’ve got to work.

I’m tired of arguing. You’ve answered that question yourself. Take ANY edge rusher (YGM, whosoever) if you are supporting that Wilson may have been the biggest “whiff” in the draft. You’re evaluating retrospectively, like I pointed out . It rationalizes the quality of the pick- not the player. Hey- we disagree. I’m over it. I’ve got to work.

It's not a comparison of Wilson vs the edge player its the edge player vs Clowney. Maybe you missed that comment, but that's what I replied to before you decided to step in.

He was trying to get traded before the deadline, and called the team clowns on twitter for not trading him. They fined and suspended him. He continued to run his mouth and they cut him.
My understanding is that he and Beasley are planning to open a finishing school for young ladies.

He was trying to get traded before the deadline, and called the team clowns on twitter for not trading him. They fined and suspended him. He continued to run his mouth and they cut him.
Definitely not the type of person you want playing on a team.. any team.

so tell me again how that correlates to building a draft propsect, in Yetur Gross Matos?

Beasley has been in the league for a veteran amount of time..

I guess you aren’t keeping up with the conversation. Maybe go back and read the posts before responding? No one is talking about Beasley.

The poster I responded to said he would rather have a edge player than Clowney. You are the only one talking about a guy no longer on the team.

ATL fans down here don’t hate him, and largely blame Quinn for a lot of defensive failures.

Takk however, went about this exactly the wrong way. Even *if* JRob was interested, you couldn’t go after him after the Beasley flop.

ATL fans down here don’t hate him, and largely blame Quinn for a lot of defensive failures.

Takk however, went about this exactly the wrong way. Even *if* JRob was interested, you couldn’t go after him after the Beasley flop.
I’m putting ex-Falcon defenders in the same box as Clemson defenders. And then, I am probably gonna drop that box in the river.

I’d be happy if Clowney came back and rotated in with Landry and Roberson, but let’s be real, Roberson was the MUCH better player out there this week. I know it was a makeshift Bears OL, but he’s looked good for a minute now. I hope getting rid of Beastly improves the whole group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back