Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, he has to admit defeat. The titans needed a DE and they did not cave. He's in the loser boat and needs to paddle out. You need to know when your beat and fold the cards.

Not exactly. 5% of 12mil would only be 600k. So he would still make more in some states. He would make less in California and I think Minnesota if I remember right.
It's even more complicated than that. Whether his base salary is taxable depends on which city the game actually occurs in.

The Titans are guaranteed 9 income tax free games a year because of our one away game against the Jags. The rest is dependent on our away schedule.

I would say the Jags get the same benefit, but they usually play a game or two in London, and those game checks get taxed like crazy.

It's even more complicated than that. Whether his base salary is taxable depends on which city the game actually occurs in.

The Titans are guaranteed 9 income tax free games a year because of our one away game against the Jags. The rest is dependent on our away schedule.

I would say the Jags get the same benefit, but they usually play a game or two in London, and those game checks get taxed like crazy.

Texas has no state income tax as well.

I’m not sure about that. I understand that an income tax is based upon the state in the paying organization is located. In regards to player taxes, I understand it based upon the state in which the organization is located, practices and plays its home games. Not where the state where every game is played. That is because there is no employer filing to match “away” games.

Also, the AFC South is happens to be considered one of the most coveted income tax free areas as Florida, Tennessee and Texas all do not have state income taxes. Players pay equal amounts of federal taxes regardless where they play based upon their salaries. Even the vet minimum is still taxed in the uppermost brackets.

Last edited by a moderator:

10 games. Texas doesn't have income tax either, so the away Texans game as well.

Considering he's turned down 15-18 million...waiting a couple of months has lost him millions not made him 1 more

I was responding to the possibility of him making more when a team faced a major injury. Was Dayton that case waiting might net him more money. You are right it could certainly lose him money...we don’t know yet.

we have to be coming up on his decision time....

Clowney doesn't realize, he doesn't have the 'OFFSEASON' leverage that some free agents once had.....

Every offseason has 3 periods of team activities -- OTAS, mini, and TC...

There is dollar to be made by waiting if you're allowed to run those -- but with this new virtual stuff --- no one is getting injured. Unless you're rolling your ankle walking to grab a gatorade....

Unless a pass rusher gets hurt right out of the spurs --- I can't see many teams staying interested too long (as they'll want him full in the learning mix) which will in turn drive the price down.... so then it becomes a case of 'who is a contender' more-so than dollars (shows that by denying the Browns inflated offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back