Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
From one of the articles in the twitter feed:

"After getting Henry’s extension done, the Titans actually have more cap space to work with in order to bring in Clowney, as well as other free agents if they so choose.

The former Heisman Trophy winner’s 2020 cap hit now stands at $6 million, as opposed to the $10.278 million it would have been under the franchise tag. That leaves Tennessee with around $24 million to spend."

I'm all for Clowney but definitely not at his crazy asking price. I'd like to see a portion of that $24M roll over for some of the other guys we need to extend.

From one of the articles in the twitter feed:

"After getting Henry’s extension done, the Titans actually have more cap space to work with in order to bring in Clowney, as well as other free agents if they so choose.

The former Heisman Trophy winner’s 2020 cap hit now stands at $6 million, as opposed to the $10.278 million it would have been under the franchise tag. That leaves Tennessee with around $24 million to spend."

I'm all for Clowney but definitely not at his crazy asking price. I'd like to see a portion of that $24M roll over for some of the other guys we need to extend.
I don’t think JRob would through close to all of the remaining $24M to him. We have a lot to offer Clowney and he’ll get a fair deal but I’d think it’s still around $15M give or take a few million.

I definitely agree we need to use some of the remaining cap space on Jayon, Adoree, and Jonnu. I think Jayon is a lock to get extended. Adoree is up in the air since we can wait to extend him after next season. As for Jonnu, I think it’s in our best interest to extend him but maybe not his. He could ball out this year and get a big pay day.

I don’t think JRob would through close to all of the remaining $24M to him. We have a lot to offer Clowney and he’ll get a fair deal but I’d think it’s still around $15M give or take a few million.

I definitely agree we need to use some of the remaining cap space on Jayon, Adoree, and Jonnu. I think Jayon is a lock to get extended. Adoree is up in the air since we can wait to extend him after next season. As for Jonnu, I think it’s in our best interest to extend him but maybe not his. He could ball out this year and get a big pay day.

I could see Adoree being franchise tagged next season if the team can't work out a long term deal. He's going to be the #1 corner on the team in 2020, he graded out as a top 10 corner by PFF. Unless Corey Davis has some kind of monumental 1,300 yard type of season after having his 5th year option declined we can be sure he won't receive the tag and other than Adoree I can't see the Titans exhausting the tag on any other potential candidates with Tannehill and Henry locked up to long term deals. I'm with you on Jayon the Titans will lock him up, he's been a key cog to the defense.

I'd love to see Henry and Isaiah Wilson face off against Clowney in the Oklahoma drills. Clowney makes our team better even outside of the box score on Sundays.

Damn you're right. Lame. Jeez NFL. Players in full pads can't square off on each other, meanwhile in Washington, it's legal for drunk adults to knock each other out in a street fight.
Thought the same when I heard it. I could only imagine the carnage if the nfl never changed the rules on practice and protecting players in games with the ridiculously fit players we have now.

Thought the same when I heard it. I could only imagine the carnage if the nfl never changed the rules on practice and protecting players in games with the ridiculously fit players we have now.
I'm all for player safety but eliminating okies seems dumb. You want to avoid helmet to helmet hits, get rid of the helmets. Easy.

View attachment 17622 View attachment 17623

I want Clowney and it would be so much fun. But honestly, unless we can get him on a 1 year deal, the smartest decision is to go ahead and extend Adoree, Jayon, and Jonnu if we can do it without increasing their current year pay.

This is something that I'm on board with.
We have to make the most of the cap space we have and keep as many of our core guys as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back