Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Fuller fits all the criteria. Good CB on bad team on last year of his contract. He’s a $9m hit so we would either need them to eat some of it or restructure someone. Would cost us more draft capital if they eat some cap.

Kyle Fuller fits all the criteria. Good CB on bad team on last year of his contract. He’s a $9m hit so we would either need them to eat some of it or restructure someone. Would cost us more draft capital if they eat some cap.
His brother was a Titan...we need help..if Denver would eat some money, what would we have to give up? A 5th? 6th?

Swapping a 1st and 2nd may not be the terrible, but I would wait to see if Miami gets Watson first. That will be a big determining factor on their record this year.

If you assume we finish with the 25th pick or better and Miami finishes as one of the bottom 5 teams, we would potentially only move back 5-12 spots in the draft. That seems like a worthwhile risk for a corner who was an All-Pro just a season ago. But if they get Watson, they're likely to be a .500ish team, and we'd move back potentially 15-20 spots (or more) and that isn't a risk I'd be willing to take.

Miami does not have a 1st round pick.

Swapping a 1st and 2nd may not be the terrible, but I would wait to see if Miami gets Watson first. That will be a big determining factor on their record this year.

If you assume we finish with the 25th pick or better and Miami finishes as one of the bottom 5 teams, we would potentially only move back 5-12 spots in the draft. That seems like a worthwhile risk for a corner who was an All-Pro just a season ago. But if they get Watson, they're likely to be a .500ish team, and we'd move back potentially 15-20 spots (or more) and that isn't a risk I'd be willing to take.

Watson doesn’t make Miami a .500ish team this season. Watson individually played out of his mind last year and the Texans were a 4 win team.

tenor.gif

Interesting note: Kyle Fuller didn't play a snap last night. He must be in Fangio's doghouse. Or sometimes you see this happen near the trade deadline when teams are inquiring.
Do it.

Denver signed him to a one-year deal this offseason after getting cut by the Bears. Maybe there is something there we don't know. Started the first 5 weeks. Then 4 snaps last week and benched Thursday night.

Thee fact that we only brought a depth guy in gives me hope that JRob has a trade in store. I could see us trying to get a guy like Joe Haden, it would be basically the Desmond King trade.

Elijah Molden has looked better the last two games and Fulton coming back gives us some upside but we need an outside CB.

Thee fact that we only brought a depth guy in gives me hope that JRob has a trade in store. I could see us trying to get a guy like Joe Haden, it would be basically the Desmond King trade.

Elijah Molden has looked better the last two games and Fulton coming back gives us some upside but we need an outside CB.
Except for that first game, the King trade was a failure. He provided nothing.

I wouldnt be surprised if they wanted to test out what they have against KC before making any big changes. I think they’re fine with Jenkins and Jackson on the outside with Molden in the slot. Borders got roasted when he first came in and Bowen decided to call an unnecessarily exotic inverted cover 2 defense that Borders had probably never played before. After that he settled down and played the ball perfectly on his interception play. He will definitely get more reps this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back