Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also King is a nickle back while Jackrabbit is (theoretically) an outside guy. No really the same position. Modlen repla ed King and his play has been improving

Updated...

Cornerbacks not needed if our pass rush continues dominating the way they are.

Yeah really. I heard NFL Good Morning Football say 'Forgot Hill was even out there Sunday' ! That is true ... was that jack rabbit covering him? Well it helps to have a pass rush going but shocked still those WR's didn't torch that make shift Titans secondary.

just curious how you know this. Do you pay for the all-22 film?

Just watching the regular game. But again, they work together so minus a decent pass rush it becomes harder to stay on guys. The David Long play was ridiculous and Byard is the #1 ranked Safety in the NFL per PFF. He has been playing out of his mind. Hooker is actually one of the best Safeties as well although he hasn't been out there much. Evans is horrid in his rankings but seemed to have a decent game for a change. (Byard has a 91 rating and the next best S is 79, Hooker is at 90 as well but doesn't have enough snaps to qualify).

The change to playing more zone the last 2 games has helped the secondary
Yeah really. I heard NFL Good Morning Football say 'Forgot Hill was even out there Sunday' ! That is true ... was that jack rabbit covering him? Well it helps to have a pass rush going but shocked still those WR's didn't torch that make shift Titans secondary.

The last 2 games the secondary has certainly benefited from the front 4 getting pressure but it also has helped that both the Bills and Chiefs are pretty one dimensional on offense. This has allowed us to play more 2 high safety looks and the combine that with man under or zone under…so still able to change our looks but protect against the big play. I imagine we will have to drop a safety into the box more often against the Colts and Jonathon Taylor

The change to playing more zone the last 2 games has helped the secondary

The last 2 games the secondary has certainly benefited from the front 4 getting pressure but it also has helped that both the Bills and Chiefs are pretty one dimensional on offense. This has allowed us to play more 2 high safety looks and the combine that with man under or zone under…so still able to change our looks but protect against the big play. I imagine we will have to drop a safety into the box more often against the Colts and Jonathon Taylor
Always thought Chiefs were too one dimensional. Funny thing is they could have drafted Jonathan Taylor but picked helaire instead.
On the other note good pressure from front four can make even average corners look elite

KC has enough talent at RB they can be successful running the ball more and were stupid not to against us even behind by a couple of TDs. Williams had only 5 carries for 20 yards. Not great (4.0 YPC) but good enough to get them into favorable down and distance and also slow down our pass rush and keep the LBs more honest against the run. They want to live and die by the big play and we took that away.

Just watching the regular game. But again, they work together so minus a decent pass rush it becomes harder to stay on guys. The David Long play was ridiculous and Byard is the #1 ranked Safety in the NFL per PFF. He has been playing out of his mind. Hooker is actually one of the best Safeties as well although he hasn't been out there much. Evans is horrid in his rankings but seemed to have a decent game for a change. (Byard has a 91 rating and the next best S is 79, Hooker is at 90 as well but doesn't have enough snaps to qualify).
So really, you don't know if coverage was good. You're basing it off a grading system.
What we do know is the rush was good and Mahomes threw a lot of balls in to the dirt. Would love if someone here could actually post cut ups of the full field.

Carolina was 3-0 when they traded a 6th for Stephon Gilmore. Since then they’ve gone 0-4, lost Christian Mcaffrey and just got spanked by the lowly Giants. Think they’d take a 6th for Gilmore now that it looks like their season is fading?

So really, you don't know if coverage was good. You're basing it off a grading system.
What we do know is the rush was good and Mahomes threw a lot of balls in to the dirt. Would love if someone here could actually post cut ups of the full field.

Mahommes constantly came off his first read and that caused some of the snaps. We had some guys open but guys responded and made the tackle with minimum run after catch. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know the coverage must have been pretty good. I did go to Game Pass and the all-22 wasn't even up yet but I don't normally take that much time.

Oh, if you have a better option than someone else's grading system let me know. As in someone else takes the time and gets paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back