Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says it has to be another AJ?

My point was literally 2 years ago we drafted AJ Brown who started the season as our #2. No one was panicking about that.

Obviously he turned into a #1 after 1 season, but again thats not really my point.
Not too long before that we drafted Tajae in the 5th to be our #2. Most people here were super pumped because he showed up at mini camp with his own football.
Everything is hit or miss. I’d rather sign a FA than trade for a so-so unproven player. Roll the dice with Watkins.

Not too long before that we drafted Tajae in the 5th to be our #2. Most people here were super pumped because he showed up at mini camp with his own football.
Everything is hit or miss. I’d rather sign a FA than trade for a so-so unproven player. Roll the dice with Watkins.
Watkins AND a rookie in the first two rounds.

The Texans signed Tyrod Taylor and now traded for Ryan Finley... I wonder if this is a sign they think Watson might have to miss time because of the allegations.

Who says it has to be another AJ?

My point was literally 2 years ago we drafted AJ Brown who started the season as our #2. No one was panicking about that.

Obviously he turned into a #1 after 1 season, but again thats not really my point.

Yeah, and 2 years ago we didn't need a 1) starting TE, 2) starting nose tackle 3)starting Cornerback 4)#2 and 3 WR 5)starting RT. Things change from year to year. This year is a bit different if you haven't noticed

If you think we can address all those in the draft then so be it. I'm not subscribing to that garbage though.

I mean, is that just crazy? They could have had him for free. Was there going to be a Finley Frenzy if he was released?
Again, just because you want someone doesn’t mean they’ll sign with you. What was it? A sixth or seventh? That’s nothing for a decent backup or potential starter competition if you think Watson will have to miss games.

I was looking at the top 100 remaining free agents and there is a ton of vet talent out their. A ton of guys are wanting more money than they will get. The longer they wait the more willing they will be to sign cheap deals. Some would be smart to sit a year, but older guys can’t do that. A year at 1-2 mill is better than giving up a year you could play for nothing. If we wait we can fill in a bunch of spots. I am sure we will at the very least add a CB that can start and WR #2 or 3. We are smart to not rush to signing these guys now. They will come cheap when they get desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back