Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it. But this incentivizes the team he's leaving, not the team that hires him.
If you look at it, this process actually de-incentives because the hiring team acknowledges their competitors are getting an extra pick for the hire. hire a “non minority” and the enemy doesn’t get anything.

If you look at it, this process actually de-incentives because the hiring team acknowledges their competitors are getting an extra pick for the hire. hire a “non minority” and the enemy doesn’t get anything.
I think if a team is hiring the head coach they want, the other team getting a pick is pretty much an afterthought.

I think if a team is hiring the head coach they want, the other team getting a pick is pretty much an afterthought.
In general I agree, which also eliminates the “incentive” at all then.

IF the comp pick is considered, it will be a de-incentive.

If it’s not thought about, it’s not an incentive at all, just a random draft pick given to a random team that happened to previously hire a minority coach. And since it’s likely not a thought when hiring head coach, I highly doubt a team hires a minority coach on the expectation that he (or she, it’s coming) will be Worth a potential comp pick a couple years down the road.

So really what is the point. Who is this rule actually for?

In general I agree, which also eliminates the “incentive” at all then.

IF the comp pick is considered, it will be a de-incentive.

If it’s not thought about, it’s not an incentive at all, just a random draft pick given to a random team that happened to previously hire a minority coach. And since it’s likely not a thought when hiring head coach, I highly doubt a team hires a minority coach on the expectation that he (or she, it’s coming) will be Worth a potential comp pick a couple years down the road.

So really what is the point. Who is this rule actually for?
the wokeful morons?

It incentives hiring minority coaches for coordination positions, which are common stepping stones to head coaching gigs.
The NFL wants teams to think like this:
If we hire that guy now as a minority, we might be able to get a 3rd round pick a couple years from now.

but also avoid thinking like this:
If we hire that guy, the team we’re competing against will get an extra 3rd round pick.

they are absolutely hand in hand connected thought processes. So it is a de-incentive on the immediate payout but a potential incentive as an investment for future years.

just like the real draft, which has more value? This years pick or a future pick at the exact same spot?

In other news anyone catch Clowneys tweet that is now deleted. Talkin shite about Tennessee. Saying the Browns won 12 games last year better than the team(us) he was on did. Happy he's playing for a winner now. Lol like wtf you do while you were here guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back