Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Decastro released by the Steelers....not saying we need him because we already have a high paid OG in Saffold and a young guy in Davis who will be looking to get paid.

Saffold is on his way out. I could see him being one of the first cut next year, pending the CAP penalty, although I can't imagine it would be too high since he's on the back nine of his contract.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if 3rd round next year was a LG or C. (Don't think it's going to be 1st round, because I believe that will be SS.)

Saffold is on his way out. I could see him being one of the first cut next year, pending the CAP penalty, although I can't imagine it would be too high since he's on the back nine of his contract.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if 3rd round next year was a LG or C. (Don't think it's going to be 1st round, because I believe that will be SS.)

I think 1st round pick will be ILB/OLB. Devin Lloyd is tops on my list.

Waaay too early to tell. Henry or Tannehill or Simmons or any other position could have a devastating injury and kaput. There could also be someone who drops that shouldn’t and they can’t resist. We would have just as much luck predicting the 2025 pick.

Depends on what they do with Jones IMO. Jones is a free agent after this year. Someone like Brewer could step in for him but I'm not sure they want Brewer and a rookie starting on the interior. Always makes more sense to draft a replacement a year early if we can.

Thus they will watch Jones and Saffold real close this year and if one doesn't play well one or both could be gone. If Jones plays well they could re-sign him to a short term deal and have Brewer compete with a rookie for Saffold's spot. If Saffold has a solid season they might just suck it up and keep him another year even though he is due $10 mil. My feeling is it is harder to replace the C and Jones might sign for closer to the $6 mil he is making now. Draft a guy who can play both C and OG maybe and then Brewer probably starts at OG and the rookie or Brewer moves to C with the guy we draft moving into OG. Either way I agree, Saffold might be easier to replace and his big contract is a target. His contract ends after 2022 so there isn't much CAP hit. They could find another OG in FA that is younger and cheaper as well.

OJ Howard has done nothing since entering the NFL
People that wanted to waste a first round pick on him won’t let the idea that he was a potential first, and available now, go

if Tennessee had drafted him and he replicated what his done, that is a big time bust.
He might be worth something but I wouldn’t trade for a guy to compete for the #2 TE spot. That’s a draft or FA pickup roster position hands down.

I highly doubt JRob is looking to trade for a TE when there are still quality ones remaining in FA. I'd rather have Trey Burton or Tyler Eifert for dirt cheap rather than trade draft picks and have to pay Ertz or Howard. Not if either guy gets cut, they'd be high on my radar.

People that wanted to waste a first round pick on him won’t let the idea that he was a potential first, and available now, go

if Tennessee had drafted him and he replicated what his done, that is a big time bust.
He might be worth something but I wouldn’t trade for a guy to compete for the #2 TE spot. That’s a draft or FA pickup roster position hands down.
Exactly. I mean I guess I'm open to bringing him in if it doesn't cost much, but I don't see how people can make excuses for OJ, but then hate on Corey Davis. He's been hurt more and produced less. Good or bad the Bucs with Jameis still threw the ball a lot. OJ didn't take full advantage because of... Cameron Brate? ASJ?

I'll trust JRob on this one, but I don't get the full hype. Nothing more than a 6th, if that.

I've read that too but I'd rather have OJ...Ertz will be a Colt ithink

I doubt it. I don’t think the Colts want him. I think It’s a fan thing. It’s like the Henry/Howard connection, Wentz and Ertz playing together again. Just speculation. I don’t think Ertz is going to be a Colt.

I doubt it. I don’t think the Colts want him. I think It’s a fan thing. It’s like the Henry/Howard connection, Wentz and Ertz playing together again. Just speculation. I don’t think Ertz is going to be a Colt.
Apparently the Bills are close to trade for Ertz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back