Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone be opposed to bringing Dennis Kelly back? Seems like a smart move if he’s willing to come back. The more depth and chemistry on the OL the better.

Would anyone be opposed to bringing Dennis Kelly back? Seems like a smart move if he’s willing to come back. The more depth and chemistry on the OL the better.

Exactly how does that make sense? We signed Lamm over keeping Kelly and drafted a future RT who could also play LT if needed. Additionally we have both Sambrailo and Quessenberry on the roster that both played LT last year. Kelly wasn't super bad but Sambrailo or Quessenberry are as good. Sambrailo might push Lamm to be the starter if the rookie isn't ready.

Kelly was a liability down the stretch. Ray Guns is the future at the position with Lamm there as insurance. Lamm is probably better than Kelly at this point.

Exactly how does that make sense? We signed Lamm over keeping Kelly and drafted a future RT who could also play LT if needed. Additionally we have both Sambrailo and Quessenberry on the roster that both played LT last year. Kelly wasn't super bad but Sambrailo or Quessenberry are as good. Sambrailo might push Lamm to be the starter if the rookie isn't ready.
I hope you’re right, but you have more faith in our OL additions than I do. I just know Kelly has performed well for us, has chemistry with the unit, is a free agent, and you can never have enough depth at OL.

Kelly was a liability down the stretch. Ray Guns is the future at the position with Lamm there as insurance. Lamm is probably better than Kelly at this point.
Maybe I’m overrating Kelly, but I still feel as though he would be valuable depth. When we have a serious contender, a key OL injury could derail the whole thing without solid depth.

Maybe I’m overrating Kelly, but I still feel as though he would be valuable depth. When we have a serious contender, a key OL injury could derail the whole thing without solid depth.
I think we have solid depth with our three tackles. Sami, Lami, and RayGunz.

We should have been "derailed" last year but the guys who stepped in at LT did pretty well and both are still on the roster. Ray Guns or Lamm, whoever does not win the RT job also becomes a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back