Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what one of the best LBs in footballs new contract has to do with Jayon. Don’t get me wrong, I love him and what he has provided. But he’s no Darius Leonard…not even close.

Guys at the top make more, the guys underneath make more. It’s a pretty simple concept. No one was saying he was Darius Rucker.

Guys at the top make more, the guys underneath make more. It’s a pretty simple concept. No one was saying he was Darius Rucker.

Exactly and considering the fact Leonard got $20 mil a year, which I think is absurd, easily gets a guy like Jayon over the $10 mil a year value.

I agree that the position value doesn't warrant that much money and am not sure what the Colts are doing. Leonard is not a top line pass rusher. Sure he is good but they could insert David Long in his place and not lose that much. And David Long isn't even going to start for us.

Exactly and considering the fact Leonard got $20 mil a year, which I think is absurd, easily gets a guy like Jayon over the $10 mil a year value.

I agree that the position value doesn't warrant that much money and am not sure what the Colts are doing. Leonard is not a top line pass rusher. Sure he is good but they could insert David Long in his place and not lose that much. And David Long isn't even going to start for us.
Dude. What? No. Haha

Dude, swapping out a real good ILB with just a good one is not going to make or break a defense like losing a top line pass rusher or shut down CB. Not that Leonard isn't good but his position value is important.

I’d take Woodside over Rosen. That cocky B has done absolutely nothing in the NFL. Woodside at least has that Tanny smarts and fire.
I don’t want him, but this site usually jumps all over anyone who was cut. Maybe those guys are on the chat site and taking a break from obsessing over weenies and drugs.

Would you rather have Aaron Donald or Darius Leonard at $20 million a year. That’s the point. Which is truly worth the money.
Since you made me look it up: Donald's average is $22.5M and it was signed 4 YEARS AGO. Leonard's is $19.7 Donald received $86.9M guaranteed to Leonard's $52.5M, which we all know is what really matters. Again... 4 years ago! Big difference.

Either way, that wasn't the point. I was reacting to the suggestion that you can replace Leonard with David Long and "not lose much". Clearly we really haven't been watching what that dude does on the field.

Since you made me look it up: Donald's average is $22.5M and it was signed 4 YEARS AGO. Leonard's is $19.7 Donald received $86.9M guaranteed to Leonard's $52.5M, which we all know is what really matters. Again... 4 years ago! Big difference.

Either way, that wasn't the point. I was reacting to the suggestion that you can replace Leonard with David Long and "not lose much". Clearly we really haven't been watching what that dude does on the field.

Clearly you don’t understand the value vs replacement aspect of the argument. If you pay that much for a cover LB you are cheating yourself somewhere important, like say at WR or QB or TE or CB or a combination there of. It’s too much, way to much for Darius Rucker. Like the Colts in general, Rucker is overrated and not worth that contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back