Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly you don’t understand the value vs replacement aspect of the argument. If you pay that much for a cover LB you are cheating yourself somewhere important, like say at WR or QB or TE or CB or a combination there of. It’s too much, way to much for Darius Rucker. Like the Colts in general, Rucker is overrated and not worth that contract.
Rucker? But he has sold waaay more albums than David Long.

Since you made me look it up: Donald's average is $22.5M and it was signed 4 YEARS AGO. Leonard's is $19.7 Donald received $86.9M guaranteed to Leonard's $52.5M, which we all know is what really matters. Again... 4 years ago! Big difference.

Either way, that wasn't the point. I was reacting to the suggestion that you can replace Leonard with David Long and "not lose much". Clearly we really haven't been watching what that dude does on the field.

Obviously Donald, who might be the best non QB player in the NFL and most valuable player is an extreme but you have so missed the point. Donald's value is three times Leonard's.

So, is Leonard better than David Long? Let us pretend and say he is twice as good (which he is not because Long is actually pretty good IMO). The overall difference on the defense, as a whole, is not as significant. Plus, good ILBs can be found in the 2nd-4th rounds. Now I agree Leonard is unique and the guy we should have drafted instead of Evans. But Evans is a good example of over valuing that position. We traded up and used a 1st round pick on Evans and Long. a 6th round pick is as good? Oh wait, Jayon Brown was a 5th round pick.

So yea, spend the money at another position that has more positional value.

Saw McCarrons tore an ACL so I'd guess one of our QBs might be heading to Atlanta as a backup. Makes sense with the connection that Woodside might be of interest and Barkley has played well enough to stick here.

I think we might see a few OL brought in as cuts happen next week. We need a little more depth especially inside although getting Brewer back will help a bunch. We were literally playing 4th string guys..

Apparently a Lisfranc injury. They put him on IR before the season, so he's officially done for the year and isn't eligible to return this season.

Taking him in the first was already terrible, but this is just salt in the wound. That team is already looking like a dumpster fire.
I watched that game last night. Saints backup defense was eating them up.

Next urban going to get a migraine again and retire week 10.
I’m counting on it.
Made a small bet that Jax will get last place of the division. I know Houston winning a couple games would surprise, but winning more than Jax with the chosen one? It would be “unbelievable” (to quote Vince McMahon on at least 1000 occasions)

RB Sony Michel traded to LA Rams
Patriots trade running back Sony Michel to Rams for conditional picks

Other possible trade canidates

wjuf9siad8b4p01fmimd

Jaylon Smith
Dallas Cowboys · LB
I've written about this a few times already, but the Cowboys have officially started rookie Micah Parsons and free-agent pickup Keanu Neal over Smith and 2018 first-rounder Leighton Vander Esch during the last two preseason games.

It could be awkward to keep one of the team's highest-paid players and vocal leaders as a rotational player. The depth at the position is buoyed by rookie fourth-rounder Jabril Cox, and the Cowboys could probably find a taker for a late-round pick if they are willing to pay some of Smith's guaranteed $7.2 million base salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back