Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said anything about the masses controlling his fate.. The masses, meaning that not everyone is convinced he should be our #2 like some folks on here are claiming he should be.

You took that last message way out of context.
That’s fair, I misunderstood what you were saying. Honestly, #2 isn’t really that big a deal as it clearly hinders on BDH anyway but just about every back that’s had playing time behind BDH has done ok but without a body of work big enough to know if they’re actually capable of being a #2 (aka #1 if Henry went down).

Both foreman and mcnichols ran well enough (last year) to appear as they could take a whole game if needed, but not really enough carries to really be convinced of that. Evans doesn’t seem like he’ll ever be healthy. Last week in preseason a couple runners looked good for their few carries but again, preseason and not a big body of work.

I really don’t care between the bunch of them who backs up Henry, they’ve all looked about equally as good minus Evans.

That’s fair, I misunderstood what you were saying. Honestly, #2 isn’t really that big a deal as it clearly hinders on BDH anyway but just about every back that’s had playing time behind BDH has done ok but without a body of work big enough to know if they’re actually capable of being a #2 (aka #1 if Henry went down).

Both foreman and mcnichols ran well enough (last year) to appear as they could take a whole game if needed, but not really enough carries to really be convinced of that. Evans doesn’t seem like he’ll ever be healthy. Last week in preseason a couple runners looked good for their few carries but again, preseason and not a big body of work.

I really don’t care between the bunch of them who backs up Henry, they’ve all looked about equally as good minus Evans.

I think Foreman looked very good from the limited carries he had with us last season.. Not sure why we gave up on him so soon. Would've liked to see him get more of a workload. He was a horse at Texas.

When the 3rd round hit this past draft I was clamoring for us to draft Trey Sermon. I know we have Henry, but I can't imagine this team without Henry as our RB. We've been spoiled to have such a BEAST of a RB and I seriously want to preserve him as long as possible. That's why I think it's more important for us to have a legit #2 as his backup.

At this point, it's not about Henry getting his stats, but about preserving him (barring our record) for the second half of the season/post season. This is why I think our #2 RB is more important than some would say. That's why I can't say with certainty that Sargent should be our #2.

FO had their mind in the right place with selecting Evans, but he's going down the road of Bishop Sankey as a bust.

I think Foreman looked very good from the limited carries he had with us last season.. Not sure why we gave up on him so soon. Would've liked to see him get more of a workload. He was a horse at Texas.

When the 3rd round hit this past draft I was clamoring for us to draft Trey Sermon. I know we have Henry, but I can't imagine this team without Henry as our RB. We've been spoiled to have such a BEAST of a RB and I seriously want to preserve him as long as possible. That's why I think it's more important for us to have a legit #2 as his backup.

At this point, it's not about Henry getting his stats, but about preserving him (barring our record) for the second half of the season/post season. This is why I think our #2 RB is more important than some would say. That's why I can't say with certainty that Sargent should be our #2.

FO had their mind in the right place with selecting Evans, but he's going down the road of Bishop Sankey as a bust.
I get that. I think a lot of us are interested in seeing him break the record but you’re right, a SB trophy needs to be the focus and if that means less carries for Henry to ensure he can carry the workload in the playoffs, some runs need dispersed.
90 carries between foreman and mcnichols last year.
Assuming another 450 carries as a team (probably more like 500 with the extra game), whoever the other backs are should get about 100-150 carries, plus THill.

I get that. I think a lot of us are interested in seeing him break the record but you’re right, a SB trophy needs to be the focus and if that means less carries for Henry to ensure he can carry the workload in the playoffs, some runs need dispersed.
90 carries between foreman and mcnichols last year.
Assuming another 450 carries as a team (probably more like 500 with the extra game), whoever the other backs are should get about 100-150 carries, plus THill.

I'll accept him breaking the record lol. If he breaks the NFL rushing record, that let's us know he's doing well. If Henry is doing well, we as a team is doing well too.

It’s not about who runs better behind Henry. It’s about who can keep Tannehill on his feet and catch the occasional 3rd down pass.
I think RB 2 is actually quite critical for this team since they take out Henry each time. I don’t really pay attention at RBs in pass protection. It sounds like the coaches have the most trust in McNichols over anyone else.

It’s not about who runs better behind Henry. It’s about who can keep Tannehill on his feet and catch the occasional 3rd down pass.
I think RB 2 is actually quite critical for this team since they take out Henry each time. I don’t really pay attention at RBs in pass protection. It sounds like the coaches have the most trust in McNichols over anyone else.
I can agree with that too including the mcnichols piece which is why Sargent would need more workload in the last preseason game to see if he can either beat out mcnichols or earn a #3 spot.
I don’t think the gap between them all is extreme though.

G Forrest Lamp was cut.

I'm not going to pretend like I watch/ scout/ grade other team's offensive lines, like other people on here do. A quick google search shows injuries have derailed his career. Played all 16 games last year but was waived with a calf injury this year. I wonder how serious it is and if he would be worth brining in as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back