Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think JRob will start signing some guys this weekend and I am hoping for Mathieu, Juju, and Hooper. I think Mathieu would make our defense elite-er and could really add a playmaking presence while stepping into our 'Cruikshank' role.

La'el Collins would also be an amazing get and would pretty much finish our OL outside getting depth.

Aj Johnson would be a good get at LB. He should be cheap since hes 30 years old and coming off an injury but had a 100 tackle season two years ago for Denver.
Mathieu would be a good signing to pair with Byard...doubt we look at him though....no money and he doesn't play ST

Not that I would mind bringing in Mathieu, but is there a problem with Hooker? He was PFFs 3rd highest rated safety this year with some very elite pass coverage grades.

Just seems like he isn't a big need, especially given money contstraints. We definitely need to look into drafting an eventual replacement for Byard/Hooker, but I don't see where Mathieu is much better (if any) than what we have.

Not that I would mind bringing in Mathieu, but is there a problem with Hooker? He was PFFs 3rd highest rated safety this year with some very elite pass coverage grades.

Just seems like he isn't a big need, especially given money contstraints. We definitely need to look into drafting an eventual replacement for Byard/Hooker, but I don't see where Mathieu is much better (if any) than what we have.
For me, nothing more than adding some more attitude to the D..but yes you're right about Hooker

The great thing about Mathieu is is that he also plays so many different positions in a nickle/dime zone defense that he doesnt cannibalize Hookers role. You just play both and laugh has our secondary makes plays.

As for the money concerns Matheiu has always been undervalued by the NFL FOs. I doi t that woulds chamge now that he's almost 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back