Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
One factor that will certainly come into play is the rise of the college receiver. The numbers of pro ready, starting caliber receivers coming out the last 3 years is ridiculous. Teams are starting to realize that spending a 2nd or 3rd on the next DK Metcalf or Chris Godwin is a more sound investment than 20 mil/yr for a star free agent. People realized how easy it is to find capable RBs a few years back and it devalued the position significantly. Same will happen with WR.

One factor that will certainly come into play is the rise of the college receiver. The numbers of pro ready, starting caliber receivers coming out the last 3 years is ridiculous. Teams are starting to realize that spending a 2nd or 3rd on the next DK Metcalf or Chris Godwin is a more sound investment than 20 mil/yr for a star free agent. People realized how easy it is to find capable RBs a few years back and it devalued the position significantly. Same will happen with WR.
Yup, excellent post!

The difference between the top 5 qbs and the middle of the pack is huge. I still think the salaries are out of control, but it makes a little since. Same with ots and edge guys. But wr and rbs don't really have that gap, of course there are some special guys, but you can have 2 middle of the pack guys for the price hill or Adams just got, teams won't keep paying these guys like this imo.

What players are you referring to? Because we just saw Miami unloaded a bunch of picks for Tyreek and give him a new deal.

The only trams that are moving on from WR’s have high dollar QB’s and are running into cap issues.

What players are you referring to? Because we just saw Miami unloaded a bunch of picks for Tyreek and give him a new deal.

The only trams that are moving on from WR’s have high dollar QB’s and are running into cap issues.
I’m fully of the belief that teams like Miami and Vegas and even Cleveland are making some of these massive moves to excite their fan bases and sell tickets more than anything. If Tyreek or Devante actually elevate either of those teams into champions, I’ll gladly eat my words. But if those teams fail to reach the big show again and those guys don’t match or exceed their production from KC and GB, it will be deemed a waste of money and picks. The Bengals just nearly won a super bowl with three receivers that COMBINED make less than Christian Kirk does now. Lemme ask you this, would you rather have 28 year old Tyreek Hill or Jamar Chase, Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins for less total money?

I’m fully of the belief that teams like Miami and Vegas and even Cleveland are making some of these massive moves to excite their fan bases and sell tickets more than anything. If Tyreek or Devante actually elevate either of those teams into champions, I’ll gladly eat my words. But if those teams fail to reach the big show again and those guys don’t match or exceed their production from KC and GB, it will be deemed a waste of money and picks. The Bengals just nearly won a super bowl with three receivers that COMBINED make less than Christian Kirk does now. Lemme ask you this, would you rather have 28 year old Tyreek Hill or Jamar Chase, Tyler Boyd and Tee Higgins for less total money?

Lmao well of course every team wants a cheaper player. But you claimed teams aren’t investing in high paid WR’s anymore. I asked for examples of WR’s that teams chose not to invest in?

Even Amari and Tyreek signed big deals with the team they were just traded from…

even if the cap's raised - the money is not infinite. there is only so much revenue brought in, and when you're paying hundreds of millions for a QB, and then you start granting near QB money to position players.. there's no way it can last

Teams wouldn't be paying these ridiculous contracts if they couldn't afford it. The NFL prints money.

Lmao well of course every team wants a cheaper player. But you claimed teams aren’t investing in high paid WR’s anymore. I asked for examples of WR’s that teams chose not to invest in?

Even Amari and Tyreek signed big deals with the team they were just traded from…
First of all, I never claimed “teams aren’t investing in high paid WR’s anymore.” I was talking about us entering a possible devaluation of the WR position if a steady stream of college players keep succeeding early in their NFL careers. That being said, the Pack and Chiefs didn’t want to pay their receivers exorbitantly so they shipped them off for draft picks.

First of all, I never claimed “teams aren’t investing in high paid WR’s anymore.” I was talking about us entering a possible devaluation of the WR position if a steady stream of college players keep succeeding early in their NFL careers. That being said, the Pack and Chiefs didn’t want to pay their receivers exorbitantly so they shipped them off for draft picks.

You are forgetting a very important part of the argument. They traded them AFTER they already paid them a big contract that made them one of the highest paid WR’s at the time. Lol pretty important part of the story I’d say

They were traded because the team couldn’t afford a bigger contract not because they didn’t want to keep the player. Massive difference between the 2 scenarios.

By the way, this is what you stated. Maybe you failed to realize that Godwin signed a $20 mil/yr contract with the team the drafted him? Lol

really??? I doubt their is one even drafted in the 1st rnd…it might have depth for average prospects but this is not a good draft for difference maker type TEs
We probably can’t get McBride.. and I’ll put $500 moolah on the first round… check me out in the Vegas department. Put it up! We have 1/3 .. TE will be one of the two me thinks. McBride slips, we taking for sure… Kolar fits us as well. Will not make 3rd round at all.

We probably can’t get McBride.. and I’ll put $500 moolah on the first round… check me out in the Vegas department. Put it up! We have 1/3 .. TE will be one of the two me thinks. McBride slips, we taking for sure… Kolar fits us as well. Will not make 3rd round at all.
None of those guys are injured. JRob has blackballed them already.

really??? I doubt their is one even drafted in the 1st rnd…it might have depth for average prospects but this is not a good draft for difference maker type TEs

You're probably right. There isn't a Kyle Pitts in this class. But let's be real, if Trey McBride had the type of season he did while playing for a TE school like Iowa, Stanford, or Notre Dame, or if he played for Bama or Ohio Sate, he'd be a lock for the 1st round. I think he's a legit better prospect than Pat Freirmuth was last year, and I was in love with him in last year's draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back