Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jarvis Landry is asking for $20M/Yr! Come on man.

Feel like this is going to be a normal for WRs from here on out....

It's like up-pricing on consumer goods -- inflate the ORIGINAL PRICE so damn far that when you say it's 75% off of $4998, it's eye candy and they think "Oh that's a hell of a deal!!"... no, you just spent 1249.50...

Feel like this is going to be a normal for WRs from here on out....

It's like up-pricing on consumer goods -- inflate the ORIGINAL PRICE so damn far that when you say it's 75% off of $4998, it's eye candy and they think "Oh that's a hell of a deal!!"... no, you just spent 1249.50...
not going to be sustainable, these salaries have to break these organizations at some point

you can't keep throwing hundreds of millions at so many players and think the business model can maintain itself

not going to be sustainable, these salaries have to break these organizations at some point

you can't keep throwing hundreds of millions at so many players and think the business model can maintain itself
For sure, teams are digging their own graves with these contracts. Hopefully we don’t go down that road!

it'll reach a peak, and then the next wave of players that think they are entitled to big paydays won't get them and then there will probably be a lockout
Hadn’t thought of that. You’re absolutely right though! What are next years top performers gonna say when they don’t get the same type of contracts?

For sure, teams are digging their own graves with these contracts. Hopefully we don’t go down that road!
unless we start to draft consistently well in the early rounds our options are going to be:

1) overpay free agents to come here and eventually price ourselves out of the market
2) remain in average purgatory

Hadn’t thought of that. You’re absolutely right though! What are next years top performers gonna say when they don’t get the same type of contracts?
i don't think it'll be that soon.. maybe like 5 years

you also have to consider all the new stadiums being built and the cost associated with that.. and yet teams are still throwing brink trucks at multiple players

i don't think it'll be that soon.. maybe like 5 years

you also have to consider all the new stadiums being built and the cost associated with that.. and yet teams are still throwing brink trucks at multiple players
I wonder if they are gambling on caps going ballistic or something? I get blowing out the checking account if you are so close, as we are, but then you hamstring yourself for years.

I wonder if they are gambling on caps going ballistic or something? I get blowing out the checking account if you are so close, as we are, but then you hamstring yourself for years.
even if the cap's raised - the money is not infinite. there is only so much revenue brought in, and when you're paying hundreds of millions for a QB, and then you start granting near QB money to position players.. there's no way it can last

even if the cap's raised - the money is not infinite. there is only so much revenue brought in, and when you're paying hundreds of millions for a QB, and then you start granting near QB money to position players.. there's no way it can last
I honestly would spend that money on the fronts personally. It’s the beef that really wins games. That’s just my opinion, but skill players don’t get a chance if the lines fail. Both sides of the ball.

As long as salary caps and revenues keep going up it is absolutely sustainable. Players get a 50/50 or 49/51 split of the revenue. This is how they determine the salary cap each year.

As long as salary caps and revenues keep going up it is absolutely sustainable. Players get a 50/50 or 49/51 split of the revenue. This is how they determine the salary cap each year.
Along my line of what they are thinking. When we signed Tammy it was a legit high contract, now it’s 15/20 million more $.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back