Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we have enough this year and personally trading next year's isn't a good idea especially if we want to move up next year for a QB ...I think Tannehill gets this year
Tannehill will be cut next year. We have to do something this year. I'm not a fan of using our first on a qb.

Tannehill will be cut next year. We have to do something this year. I'm not a fan of using our first on a qb.
I think this decision will based on how he plays this year. To keep him one more year (after this year) won’t be nearly as costly. Pending the draft, if a QB is picked, especially one that needs some development, THill would be ok for another year.

As far as the names suggested as possible draft prospects, learning RPO with THill isn’t the worst even know that’s just a small part of his game.

And you think there is a QB in Rd2 this year to replace Tannehill next year?
This is Tannehill's prove it year, I agree if he sucks he's gone but if he bounces back? And a Tannehill bounce back would be don't lose games for the team.

And you think there is a QB in Rd2 this year to replace Tannehill next year?
This is Tannehill's prove it year, I agree if he sucks he's gone but if he bounces back? And a Tannehill bounce back would be don't lose games for the team.
We will owe him 40 million next year. Just don't see the Titans paying that when they have an out

We will owe him 40 million next year. Just don't see the Titans paying that when they have an out
2 ways out.
1. Go forward with what appears to be the plan of cutting him next year.
2. Restructure again taking the cap hit further down but he remains a titan.

They are banking on Tanne returning to form. They will invest in the offense imo. Unless it's a late round and hope they hit but......

Maybe next year when they have more draft capital they can take a shot at a guy. (QB)

Idk what the play is if he returns to form

Signed
-random smuck on the Internet

It's Tannehill's prove it year...we will invest in OL, another WR, a RB maybe...give Tannehill more weapons, no excuses....Hooper was a good signing.

yep kinda a head scratcher....only thing I could see would be to give up next yrs 1st which I wouldn't be willing to do...

also you don't take WR in the 1st and then trade next yrs 1st to get a QB in the 2nd rnd because you miss out on the extra contract years that the 1st rnd gives you. Just draft your QB in the 1st

You can't under value those extra yrs and that is why I only trade back into the 2nd rnd if someone is willing to overpay and all my guys are already off the board.
Cincy did something like this drafting AJ Green in the 1st and Dalton in the 2nd. I don't think they traded though. It worked out well, considering the odds of actually winning a SB.

The difficulty in this is how unlikely it is to get a good QB after round one. I assumed it would be pretty even between top picks vs "developing" a later round guy, but nope. I recently looked at the history and although there are a ton of QB1s that bust, your odds there better than finding the next Russell Wilson. Even finding the next Andy Dalton is very rare.

Fitzpatrick really?
No to Newton for sure
To be honest I'd rather just roll with Woodside if something were to happen to Tannehill...they've kept him around there must be something the FO sees??
I don’t think there’s any interest in signing Fitzpatrick.

But I like the guy, seems like a team guy and I think it’d be cool for him to finally experience the postseason even if it’s as a backup. Problem is, he’s WAYY to costly to sign as a backup.

Not saying I would want him but it will be interesting to see what Cleveland does with Mayfield....18 million is alot for a backup ....if Watson is suspended he'll stay there.

I hope they are exploring it. Baker only has one year left on his deal. This could be just like THill and we get him and his play improves. He may just need a change of scenery. He is done in Cleveland. They disrespected him.

He is only 27.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back