Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez. Not this again. It's a 5th round pick IN 2024! That's TWO YEARS from now!

We get it. You didn't like the trade even without ever seeing the guy play.
Apparently you don’t get it. I live in NC where the Panthers are on every week and I have absolutely seen him play. He. Is. bad. Not at all worth a 5th.

No deal for Lamar Jackson...it has to rot his nylons seeing other QBs get big $...does he hit FA next year?

Lamar Jackson, Ravens unable to agree to terms on extension ahead of 2022 season

Ravens are going to franchise tag him and then trade him to some team that is willing to pay him.... Ravens then use their haul of draft picks to move up and grab a QB in this QB heavy draft class....so they will have another cheap QB that they can surround with solid pieces because they won't be spending monster cap space on a QB

possibly the ratbirds will install an O once lj is gone

saw on tv that lj does not have an agent... means ratbirds are evil or something for not being able to reach a deal

What a stupidly written article. Not only does the writer go with the ole standby “sources” he says it was bigger in “key areas”.

Let’s just think about what possible key areas exist in a contract.
More money
More guaranteed money
Any incentives

Is there anything I’m missing?

Bottom line, it states bigger contract with more guaranteed money than wilson. Big contract players like QB rarely have incentives, so makes sense not to see any.

Title should just say, turned down bigger contract than wilson. That’s it. The “key areas” address the entirety of the contract.

What a stupidly written article. Not only does the writer go with the ole standby “sources” he says it was bigger in “key areas”.

Let’s just think about what possible key areas exist in a contract.
More money
More guaranteed money
Any incentives

Is there anything I’m missing?

Bottom line, it states bigger contract with more guaranteed money than wilson. Big contract players like QB rarely have incentives, so makes sense not to see any.

Title should just say, turned down bigger contract than wilson. That’s it. The “key areas” address the entirety of the contract.
Agree but I think the point is he turned down a huge contract....stupid move by Jackson regardless of how the article is worded.
He wants the same or more guaranteed than Watson? Which is ridiculous to begin with.
Not a fan of Jackson, like I said hope it bites him in the ass.
Edit: the link on the main page words it like you said

View attachment 19935

Wow it's really quiet in here! Hmm?! Really.... No one is gonna talk about...

Not surprised. Most of you LOOOOOOOVED this guy!! "Stupid JRob for not drafting Blankenship!", "How can this team have passed on the Georgia kicker?", "OMG he's with the Colts and we could have had him!".

That crap went on for two years. I'm pretty sure he missed at least one kick against us, and people here still wanted him. Well... here's our chance (again). I have a feeling with stick with Randy B.

Good player. We could use him, but not at that price. Money is getting so big in the NFL.

Cap is expected to increase dramatically in the coming years though. In 2023 alone it's going up 8.1%. I think that's why you're seeing these extensions. Teams know the markets are resetting themselves, so what seems like an expensive now might seem like a below market deal in a couple years.

Wow it's really quiet in here! Hmm?! Really.... No one is gonna talk about...

Not surprised. Most of you LOOOOOOOVED this guy!! "Stupid JRob for not drafting Blankenship!", "How can this team have passed on the Georgia kicker?", "OMG he's with the Colts and we could have had him!".

That crap went on for two years. I'm pretty sure he missed at least one kick against us, and people here still wanted him. Well... here's our chance (again). I have a feeling with stick with Randy B.
Different post, I said that we should sign him Yesterday.

If every kicker got cut after missing kicks, teams wouldn't have a kicker

Blankenship is young and a good kicker... couldn't hurt bringing him in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back