Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I really hope we get Tyrann Mathieu if JRob has any intents on making a swing in FA. I think adding a DB of his talent and playmaking ability this young group could make our defense special.

I still think we will hit the 3rd tier TE group aggressively. Maxx Williams is still the guy I expect to be our TE1 going into the season. I think Hayden Hurst would be a good TE2 as well depending on the price. Both should be doable imo

So Randy Gregory has turned around on the Cowboys and instead will be signing a deal with the Broncos lolz

Broncos signed Randy Gregory, formerly of the Cowboys, to a five-year, $70 million contract.

Former Giants’ TE Evan Engram intends to sign a one-year, fully-guaranteed 9 million deal that could go to $10 with incentives with the Jacksonville Jaguars, per me and @JFowlerESPN.

Jags throwing money at anyone with a pulse lol

I would of taken this deal. Probably a bit more than he's worth per year, but you're paying for potential on a prove it deal.

So which team will pick up Baalke as GM after he gets fired this season?

Jags going 4-13 this season

The Jags are definitely overspending, but isn't that what you have to do when you've been a dumpster fire of team? I wouldn't make an argument against the talent they've brought in. I would happily take any of the players they signed. They're rolling the dice with their future, but if these singings pan out, it opens up their window to win. We'll see. At the bare minimum, Trevor Lawrence will be happy. Let's not forget they also get back Travis Etienne.

Let's see how their draft goes, Trevor could be a sneaky fantasy play.

All that said, hope all their singings fail and they're stuck with these crappy contracts. Shame, I would of loved to see Kirk or Engram as a Titan.

Honestly I really hope we get Tyrann Mathieu if JRob has any intents on making a swing in FA. I think adding a DB of his talent and playmaking ability this young group could make our defense special.

I still think we will hit the 3rd tier TE group aggressively. Maxx Williams is still the guy I expect to be our TE1 going into the season. I think Hayden Hurst would be a good TE2 as well depending on the price. Both should be doable imo
Really? Just curious, what reasons do you have for thinking Maxx Williams can be a TE1?

He's been a bust in my mind since he was drafted.

I would of taken this deal. Probably a bit more than he's worth per year, but you're paying for potential on a prove it deal.

The Jags are definitely overspending, but isn't that what you have to do when you've been a dumpster fire of team? I wouldn't make an argument against the talent they've brought in. I would happily take any of the players they signed. They're rolling the dice with their future, but if these singings pan out, it opens up their window to win. We'll see. At the bare minimum, Trevor Lawrence will be happy. Let's not forget they also get back Travis Etienne.

All that said, hope all their singings fail and they're stuck with these crappy contracts. Shame, I would of loved to see Kirk or Engram as a Titan.
The engram deal is fine, although you likely just lose him if he lives up to the cost.

I don't agree that overspending is the move when you're struggling, the top spenders in free agency are almost always junk. Building from within>>>>>>spending in free agency. Other than rare exceptions players are free agents for a reason, if a player is a true difference maker they likely never hit the open market.

They've won Free Agency for like forever and see how that's turned out.

Really? Just curious, what reasons do you have for thinking Maxx Williams can be a TE1?

He's been a bust in my mind since he was drafted.

Its more of a projection of his tool kit. Williams was having a good season before tearing his ACL and has alway been a great run blocker. His injury was the reason the Cards grabbed Ertz.

I think he'd fit well in our offense which I expect to still be a more "TE by committee" approach.

Russell Gage signing by Tampa kinda angers me. He would have been a perfect #3 in Nashville.

You know we are always one play away from Julio being hurt and 6 plays away from AJ being dinged up ... Gage can be a #2 if called upon and is young. Just made too much sense. I mean cmon I cannot stomach NWI and the cast of characters being thrust into another meaningful role - just no. Sign a da%* receiver / TE

Russell Gage signing by Tampa kinda angers me. He would have been a perfect #3 in Nashville.

You know we are always one play away from Julio being hurt and 6 plays away from AJ being dinged up ... Gage can be a #2 if called upon and is young. Just made too much sense. I mean cmon I cannot stomach NWI and the cast of characters being thrust into another meaningful role - just no. Sign a da%* receiver / TE
I saw treylon Burks mocked to us the other day, how would you feel about that? Also the TE market is disgusting right now, real average guys are getting way overpaid. I'm ok waiting it out there

BREAKING: Per source, I’m told former Steelers WR Juju Smith-Schuster has received “virtually 0” interest from teams so far in free agency. Sense around the league is that teams feel his skillset can be had for much cheaper, and WR talent in this year’s draft is abundant.

Has anyone ever noticed that the Titans never "tender" anyone?

We also never go after any huge names either in the first 2 or 3 open days lol...

So anyone hoping that we try to lasso anyone high profile off the initial tampering period, might as well shoot it out of the sky now so they don't be disappointed a few yrs from now....

Hahaha! Really? This “angers” you? Man, the off-season must really put you over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back