Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems like a stupidly low price for Foreman and don’t understand why we did not pay it.

It is a 2 way street....who says that Foreman wanted to stay a backup...maybe he feels like he has a better chance to get the rock as a Panther...if Mccaffery gets traded then he is battling for a starting spot...and then if he produces he hits FA and can sign a much bigger deal next yr...but I agree that I thought he might get more than 2mil

People knew Foreman got noticed and would likely go somewhere else.

Hope they keep Hill, but this also tells me the titans faith that Henry is good to go.

Let him break Dickerson’s record, give us 2-3 more dominant years before his breakdown (maybe) and he’s more than earned his paycheck.
Let’s not overthink the idea that Foreman was found off the street, mid season. There are other RBs out there but Henry is getting the workload.

We also never go after any huge names either in the first 2 or 3 open days lol...

So anyone hoping that we try to lasso anyone high profile off the initial tampering period, might as well shoot it out of the sky now so they don't be disappointed a few yrs from now....

Signed Bud Dupree last year… lol short term memory on this board

The sky is falling!!!

it’s pretty funny because this type of stuff gets posted every single season regardless of circumstances by every team/fan base.

We aren't in bad shape roster wise, yes it would be nice to go after big names every year but that doesn't always work out. It's frustrating to see us get so close and not be able to add to improve the roster other than Special Teamers.

TE, OL, RB and maybe WR need addressed whether it's through the draft or FA

We also never go after any huge names either in the first 2 or 3 open days lol...

So anyone hoping that we try to lasso anyone high profile off the initial tampering period, might as well shoot it out of the sky now so they don't be disappointed a few yrs from now....
Never? We literally signed Bud Dupree last year. That was a big name. I think Autry was announced almost immediately. Who were the "huge names" that moved last year? Overspending for Kenny Golladay? Hunter Henry? No thanks.

We were also going after Clownery day 1 two years ago. He was the biggest name in FA at the time. He was just greedy and we weren't going to Jag out and be stupid. Smart on our part. We still ended up with the biggest FA.

I think we've done just fine with medium names. I'll take the Denico Autry's, Logan Ryans', Rishard Matthews', Ben Jones', and Roger Saffold's all day.

Let's also not forget some of the other huge name FA we signed right away... Taylor Lewan, Kevin Byard, Derrick Henry, and Harold Landry. Those count.

I know this FA isn't exciting but it certainly isn't typical. Gotta play it smart. What's the alternative? Jag it up? No thanks.

We aren't in bad shape roster wise, yes it would be nice to go after big names every year but that doesn't always work out. It's frustrating to see us get so close and not be able to add to improve the roster other than Special Teamers.

TE, OL, RB and maybe WR need addressed whether it's through the draft or FA

you can take maybe away from WR, outside of AJ it looks pretty real bad. We dont know how much of julio we will see

J-Rob has mostly made good FA signings, particularly on the guys signed for big contracts. And the bad choices at least were easy to move on from (Clowney/Beasley/D. Lewis, Cyprien, Reynolds)

J-Rob has mostly made good FA signings, particularly on the guys signed for big contracts. And the bad choices at least were easy to move on from (Clowney/Beasley/D. Lewis, Cyprien, Reynolds)
I don't really understand the Reynolds signing...he looked good in Detroit when thrown to...just didn't get the opportunity here? Hard to believe Goff could use him but Tannehill couldn't

I don't really understand the Reynolds signing...he looked good in Detroit when thrown to...just didn't get the opportunity here? Hard to believe Goff could use him but Tannehill couldn't

Part of his success in Detroit is undoubtedly the previous chemistry with Goff. But his performance here, imo, is at least partially a Tannehill issue. It isn't like Tanne has chemistry with everyone else either, as Julio was wide open plenty of times throughout the season as well and Tanne either didn't look his way or over threw him. Maybe Tanne simply couldn't get in rhythm with those guys. Who knows.

I didn't expect much out of Reynolds, but I expected more than we got.

Hooper is like a more athletic Geoff Swaim. Not gonna wow you, but he should be a more reliable target while providing good blocking as well.

Never? We literally signed Bud Dupree last year. That was a big name. I think Autry was announced almost immediately. Who were the "huge names" that moved last year? Overspending for Kenny Golladay? Hunter Henry? No thanks.

We were also going after Clownery day 1 two years ago. He was the biggest name in FA at the time. He was just greedy and we weren't going to Jag out and be stupid. Smart on our part. We still ended up with the biggest FA.

I think we've done just fine with medium names. I'll take the Denico Autry's, Logan Ryans', Rishard Matthews', Ben Jones', and Roger Saffold's all day.

Let's also not forget some of the other huge name FA we signed right away... Taylor Lewan, Kevin Byard, Derrick Henry, and Harold Landry. Those count.

I know this FA isn't exciting but it certainly isn't typical. Gotta play it smart. What's the alternative? Jag it up? No thanks.

Do y'alls phones not scroll up?... or have the previous page hyperlink?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back