Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or take your time and take what's left? Be nice to be proactive instead of reactive...Bowen was obviously not the answer...needs fixed, I'm worried Vrabel is too arrogant or stubborn to see that

There are many of good coaches out there that could do the job. You don’t need to rush in fear all the capable one will be taken.

Step back and look at Vrabel's track record for a second. As in he hired the best OC and DC out there when he became HC. Then he promoted the best OC out there from within. Thus he has had success both going outside (no choice initially but proved he was able to get guys to come) and seeing that Smith had the potential was great.

On defense it is hard to judge. After all Bowen was never named DC so Vrabel IMO didn't feel comfortable with anyone out there. Still, he has to admit there were problems on that side of the ball and I don't think he is bull headed enough to not address them. Even if it means finding someone to take it over.

My confidence level is still pretty high as almost all of Vrabel's decisions have been sound. However if Pees really did leave because there was something negative between he and Vrabel that doesn't bode well.

Step back and look at Vrabel's track record for a second. As in he hired the best OC and DC out there when he became HC. Then he promoted the best OC out there from within. Thus he has had success both going outside (no choice initially but proved he was able to get guys to come) and seeing that Smith had the potential was great.

On defense it is hard to judge. After all Bowen was never named DC so Vrabel IMO didn't feel comfortable with anyone out there. Still, he has to admit there were problems on that side of the ball and I don't think he is bull headed enough to not address them. Even if it means finding someone to take it over.

My confidence level is still pretty high as almost all of Vrabel's decisions have been sound. However if Pees really did leave because there was something negative between he and Vrabel that doesn't bode well.
Has he admitted to this yet?
I bring this up because I think the search is due to pressure from above. It appears that fan influence does force some changes whether it comes from AAS or JRob.

So I think he is searching for a DC, we know he's looking for an OC. I'm pretty confident he will make some good hires.

Let's hire Marvin Lewis and Anthony Lynn. At least that way when they leave to become a head coach, we at least get draft picks for them.

Love these posters that debate everyone's comments but no suggestions or thoughts on who they want lol

Chronos where are you from?

I honestly don’t know all the possible candidates out there, nor do I have the time or care to do the research to evaluate them all. But I just read an article that listed close to 10 for DC. My point was the well is far from dry. There are a lot of options and we are certainly going to sign a DC that is at least on paper is capable. The “why haven’t we signed one yet” line is largely driven by fan impatience, and not a realistic fear that all the good candidates will be taken...because they won’t be.

I will say on OC, I like Anthony Lynn a lot. Would love to bring him on board. I don’t want to hire from within and I would love to bring someone in who is more creative than what we have seen.

I honestly don’t know all the possible candidates out there, nor do I have the time or care to do the research to evaluate them all. But I just read an article that listed close to 10 for DC. My point was the well is far from dry. There are a lot of options and we are certainly going to sign a DC that is at least on paper is capable. The “why haven’t we signed one yet” line is largely driven by fan impatience, and not a realistic fear that all the good candidates will be taken...because they won’t be.

I will say on OC, I like Anthony Lynn a lot. Would love to bring him on board. I don’t want to hire from within and I would love to bring someone in who is more creative than what we have seen.
I definitely don't like the idea of hiring within either, young, creative and someone rising up would be good. Be nice to have them for more than one year at a time as well. On O and D

I don’t think the Titans will bring in a DC because anyone who is of any quality will know this defense is Vrabel’s. It’s a career killer. That’s why it’ll be an internal hire, IMO.

Been down this road already. If we haven't hired anyone by now, most likely it will be a repeat from last year. It will be 2 coaches from within the organization calling the plays, but they won't have the official title of OC/DC. Like Vrabel said himself, he didn't think it was a big deal to give titles.

It is interesting that they have reached out to Austin and Elliott. So one on each side of the ball. Not sure why they would do that except that both are African American and with league scrutiny so high on minority hires they may have felt compelled to do so.

I don’t think the Titans will bring in a DC because anyone who is of any quality will know this defense is Vrabel’s. It’s a career killer. That’s why it’ll be an internal hire, IMO.
I don’t disagree, but what’s the point in not announcing that now if that is the intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back