Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I got lost in the thread. It just seems there are people who are negative no matter what happens without being realistic, If that’s not you, my apologies.
I also agree on Bowen. I would be less than enthusiastic. But i would wait on results before condemning it.

What more do you need on Bowen in terms of results as a DC, than from this year?

What more do you need on Bowen in terms of results as a DC, than from this year?
No joke.. if Vrabel had named him DC last summer, he would be fired right now. The fans would absolutely be pointing fingers at him, and no one would want to keep him. Naming him DC now would be a slap in the face of every Titan fan.

I think it’s telling that Bowen didn’t get the title last year. Clearly Vrabel wasn’t sure he could handle it. And of course he didn’t handle it well at all.

If Clowney and Beasley had worked out we wouldn’t be having this conversation, What more do I need? Talented players. You can’t give a OC Jeremy McNichols as your starting RB and then fire him or get pissed because we didn’t lead the league in rushing, Clowney and Beasley were the fixes. It didn’t work. Some of you act like we had the best defensive talent in the history of the NFL and failed. We have very subpar DL talent,

If Clowney and Beasley had worked out we wouldn’t be having this conversation, What more do I need? Talented players. You can’t give a OC Jeremy McNichols as your starting RB and then fire him or get pissed because we didn’t lead the league in rushing, Clowney and Beasley were the fixes. It didn’t work. Some of you act like we had the best defensive talent in the history of the NFL and failed. We have very subpar DL talent,

Sure. Personnel played its part. But we were historically bad on 3rd down. Like, one of the worst 3rd down defenses in 30 or so years. Was the personnel that bad?

If Bowen gets made DC after this years performances, when he all but had the title (or so we are lead to believe) then that is a massive slap in the face to the fans and a serious mark on Vrabels ability to assess what the team needs, and on JRobs ability to control the whole organisation. It also hints to Vrabel wanting to run the Defense himself, but have someone else take the blame if it goes wrong.

Sure those were misses. But even with those we had very similar talent to last year. Was it not quite as good? OK. But it was not the sole reason for the significant regression we saw this year. There is no way in hell Bowen should be our DC. End of story.

Dang remember last summer this forum was all willing to sell their kids, wife, homes, cocaine, etc all to sign Clowney! He signed and gave us all blue balls, dude disappointed...

Sure. Personnel played its part. But we were historically bad on 3rd down. Like, one of the worst 3rd down defenses in 30 or so years. Was the personnel that bad?

If Bowen gets made DC after this years performances, when he all but had the title (or so we are lead to believe) then that is a massive slap in the face to the fans and a serious mark on Vrabels ability to assess what the team needs, and on JRobs ability to control the whole organisation. It also hints to Vrabel wanting to run the Defense himself, but have someone else take the blame if it goes wrong.

Yes...the personnel was that bad. One of the worst defensive lines in the NFL.
COVID, Free Agents not working out, Injuries, NO DC providing a direction and you have a recipe for disaster. Coaching matters. But to blame it all on Bowen is silly, if it was his defense he was running with less horses than most.

Sure those were misses. But even with those we had very similar talent to last year. Was it not quite as good? OK. But it was not the sole reason for the significant regression we saw this year. There is no way in hell Bowen should be our DC. End of story.

I don’t disagree. I think we need someone from the outside. But I’m not firing Vrabel over that decision if he makes it,

COVID, Free Agents not working out, Injuries, NO DC providing a direction and you have a recipe for disaster. Coaching matters. But to blame it all on Bowen is silly, if it was his defense he was running with less horses than most.

Im not blaming it all on Bowen. Im just saying giving him the DC title when its up for grabs would be madness.

I think what I saw was Clowney and Beasley as a failed signing back in week 6-7, maybe sooner.

Where Bowen really failed as "DC" (or Vrabel) was not changing anything. They literally showed us the definition of insanity while trying the same thing over and over and over expecting some sort of different results.

I think what I saw was Clowney and Beasley as a failed signing back in week 6-7, maybe sooner.

Where Bowen really failed as "DC" (or Vrabel) was not changing anything. They literally showed us the definition of insanity while trying the same thing over and over and over expecting some sort of different results.

With the personnel what was he going to change?

With the personnel what was he going to change?
Strategy, that's the only thing he can change. Again, personnel being an issue is a fine excuse, but don't continue to do the same things over and over and over again when you can see it has zero success.

It was discussed all year about the lack of blitzing. At some point, you've got to do something different, he chose not to.

Strategy, that's the only thing he can change. Again, personnel being an issue is a fine excuse, but don't continue to do the same things over and over and over again when you can see it has zero success.

It was discussed all year about the lack of blitzing. At some point, you've got to do something different, he chose not to.

Oh I’m not disputing it. I’m just saying none of it really worked.

Oh I’m not disputing it. I’m just saying none of it really worked.
Oh, I'm suggesting he didn't try anything different so I can't say "nothing worked".
Playing DB's off the line and rushing minimum rushers seemed to be a go to and tons of it in the cupboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back