Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, people are really reaching on this Vrabel ego thing. There is no evidence to point to people having trouble with the guy. In terms of Bowen, we have results from this year and they were historically bad. I can understand a drop-off given the weirdness of this year, but that’s dropping off the planet. I hope the fact that he reached out to Austin is a good sign.
Mentions Vrabel putting his ego aside....

Grading Mike Vrabel’s first three years as head coach

Yeah, but this is fan reporting and pure speculation. Until coaches come out and say “his ego was to much” I am not buying into his ego being a barrier to hiring. However, I am starting to think we get an outside OC and Bowen gets another year to call the defense.
True but I think there is some truth to it, I don't think any coaches will be coming out and saying that.
I really hope they look outside for both OC and DC to be honest...I still like Jerod Mayo as DC, he's young and well respected from what I've read.

True but I think there is some truth to it, I don't think any coaches will be coming out and saying that.
I really hope they look outside for both OC and DC to be honest...I still like Jerod Mayo as DC, he's young and well respected from what I've read.

My issue is that until this season no one ever said anything about Vrabels “ego”. He made good to very good decisions up until 2020 and concerning the defense he blew that call. He decided against naming a DC. He made a bad decision that probably isn’t disputed. No one is saying he thinks the defense is fine and he won’t change it. This ego thing is a fan thing to try and explain what happened. What happened was Vrabel made a bad decision. Some personnel moves didn’t work out. The defense was bad. It happens. Like I have said 1000 times... had injuries not happened, had Clowney and Beasley worked we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

My issue is that until this season no one ever said anything about Vrabels “ego”. He made good to very good decisions up until 2020 and concerning the defense he blew that call. He decided against naming a DC. He made a bad decision that probably isn’t disputed. No one is saying he thinks the defense is fine and he won’t change it. This ego thing is a fan thing to try and explain what happened. What happened was Vrabel made a bad decision. Some personnel moves didn’t work out. The defense was bad. It happens. Like I have said 1000 times... had injuries not happened, had Clowney and Beasley worked we wouldn’t be having this discussion.
Dude. Every single player on defense regressed. That’s a coaching problem, not a personnel problem. If Vrable sticks with Bowen, it’s an ego problem.

Unrelated, but i also love how at no point during the season did anyone say the Tannehill contract was a mistake, and we should have gone after Brady.

Now though, because we went 1 and done and the Bucs have gone to the bowl, there's comments and even articles everywhere saying signing Thill was a mistake.

For all the talk of OC and DC, I am wondering why we havent heard of the special teams coordinator being fired. It's not like that area has been anything to brag about the last few seasons...

We're all entitled to our opinions, and no one has said he has an ego or he doesn't have an ego.
To me he seems he does.

The D was the Achilles heel of this team, we'll see if it gets addressed.

Dude. Every single player on defense regressed. That’s a coaching problem, not a personnel problem. If Vrable sticks with Bowen, it’s an ego problem.

To say every single player regressed is hard to assess. If you mean they didn’t perform as well, that may be true (probably not true for every player but a lot). But does that mean they regressed as a player or was the poor performance do to the regression of some, poor defensive schemes/play calling, or both. Defenses work together as a unit, so regression in a few spots can impact the performance of other players even if they are not actually worse at their position.

To say every single player regressed is hard to assess. If you mean they didn’t perform as well, that may be true (probably not true for every player but a lot). But does that mean they regressed as a player or was the poor performance do to the regression of some, poor defensive schemes/play calling, or both. Defenses work together as a unit, so regression in a few spots can impact the performance of other players even if they are not actually worse at their position.

Thank you. Players were out of position and doing things they aren’t used to doing. COVID caused huge issues.

Blaming it on Vrabels ego is silly

Thank you. Players were out of position and doing things they aren’t used to doing. COVID caused huge issues.

Blaming it on Vrabels ego is silly
All teams dealt with Covid...players were out of position because of the coaches, lack of leadership, injuries, FO decisions
Egos or not, the staff thought Ryan and Casey wouldn't be missed, Clowney and Beasley would contribute...many decisions were made, mistakes were made...because of egos? Maybe, maybe not

All teams dealt with Covid...players were out of position because of the coaches, lack of leadership, injuries, FO decisions
Egos or not, the staff thought Ryan and Casey wouldn't be missed, Clowney and Beasley would contribute...many decisions were made, mistakes were made...because of egos? Maybe, maybe not

Yes.. and defense was way down this season. We went in without a DC. It was a mistake. What Jeff Fisher had was ego. We knew it because we went 15 years with the guy. To even assume it was ego after year 3 is like i said... silly.

Yes.. and defense was way down this season. We went in without a DC. It was a mistake. What Jeff Fisher had was ego. We knew it because we went 15 years with the guy. To even assume it was ego after year 3 is like i said... silly.
The lack of DC is where the ego talk comes into play. Why didn't we have a DC or at least a guy given the title?

I think because numerous players underperformed, it lies at the feet of the coaches more than the players.

The lack of DC is where the ego talk comes into play. Why didn't we have a DC or at least a guy given the title?
I truly believe it was to protect Bowen. If Vrabel was really confident in him then he would’ve gotten the title. As he didn’t get the title or succeed, it’s easier to keep him around. However, it’s starting to feel like he gets another go at it to me.

The key word here is “assume”. There really isn’t any evidence out there that people can’t work with him because of his ego. Many of the fan writers/bloggers are feeding that fire too and have no inside knowledge and are speculating like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back