Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the Titans will bring in a DC because anyone who is of any quality will know this defense is Vrabel’s. It’s a career killer. That’s why it’ll be an internal hire, IMO.
I think both the DC and OC will be internal hires at this point. I wouldn’t be surprised if they just give Bowen the official DC title.

I wouldn’t be surprised, but I would be disappointed. I also would have minimum expectations for next year.

No one has any reason other than being negative to backup this Vrabels ego thing. Nothing to backup he will only hire from within. The guy has come in here and built a very good team and been in the playoffs 2 of 3 years and the AFC Championship game and some of y’all just tear him apart. He quite literally to this point is the best HC this franchise has ever had. He has hired from within and from the outside and they both worked. Give the team some room. This need for immediate satisfaction is crazy. Who cares that other teams have hired people already. If the team regresses over the next few years without an adjustment then we can flame him. I just don’t get it.

Maybe someone can explain the disdain for Vrabel.

No one has any reason other than being negative to backup this Vrabels ego thing. Nothing to backup he will only hire from within. The guy has come in here and built a very good team and been in the playoffs 2 of 3 years and the AFC Championship game and some of y’all just tear him apart. He quite literally to this point is the best HC this franchise has ever had. He has hired from within and from the outside and they both worked. Give the team some room. This need for immediate satisfaction is crazy. Who cares that other teams have hired people already. If the team regresses over the next few years without an adjustment then we can flame him. I just don’t get it.

Maybe someone can explain the disdain for Vrabel.
You are stretching if you are taking that from my post. Given that Vrabel did not hire a DC last year leads credence to the supposition that he may well do that again. It’s not unreasonable to expect improvement from year to year. We had it in terms of record, but our team had holes all over the place. In 2 years Robinson has failed to improve the pass rush. I would probably add kicker to that too f you look at our two year FG %. I think most people really like Vrabel and appreciate his contribution. However, he is still a young coach with more to learn. Most of us see neither failure or perfection, just a solid 2nd tier team we want to take that next step. To do that, the FO, coaches, and players ALL have to pick it up a notch. Also, if you were paying attention to the posts, we were talking about Bowen, not Vrabel. If Bowen is DC next year then I will have diminished expectations.

I wouldn’t be surprised, but I would be disappointed. I also would have minimum expectations for next year.

Too early to set expectations for this team for next season.

Having said that, with DC, while I expect Bowen to be given the official title, I would not be surprised to see someone like Crennel be brought as a defensive assistant to mentor Bowen when Crennel's contract expires with the Texans.

While that isn't ideal in my opinion, it would at least free Vrabel from some of the defensive responsibilities and that is something I think really needs to happen.

Too early to set expectations for this team for next season.

Having said that, with DC, while I expect Bowen to be given the official title, I would not be surprised to see someone like Crennel be brought as a defensive assistant to mentor Bowen when Crennel's contract expires with the Texans.

While that isn't ideal in my opinion, it would at least free Vrabel from some of the defensive responsibilities and that is something I think really needs to happen.
Of course it’s too early to know where and how far we go. However, Bowen was really bad, even given some personnel losses. If he calls the shots again it’s not unreasonable to temper expectations.

You are stretching if you are taking that from my post. Given that Vrabel did not hire a DC last year leads credence to the supposition that he may well do that again. It’s not unreasonable to expect improvement from year to year. We had it in terms of record, but our team had holes all over the place. In 2 years Robinson has failed to improve the pass rush. I would probably add kicker to that too f you look at our two year FG %. I think most people really like Vrabel and appreciate his contribution. However, he is still a young coach with more to learn. Most of us see neither failure or perfection, just a solid 2nd tier team we want to take that next step. To do that, the FO, coaches, and players ALL have to pick it up a notch. Also, if you were paying attention to the posts, we were talking about Bowen, not Vrabel. If Bowen is DC next year then I will have diminished expectations.

I guess I got lost in the thread. It just seems there are people who are negative no matter what happens without being realistic, If that’s not you, my apologies.
I also agree on Bowen. I would be less than enthusiastic. But i would wait on results before condemning it.

The disdain for vrabel comes from the fact that the titans as an organization suck and there's no reason to believe we are going to have a viable team in a couple years so if he cant field a decently run defense in a couple years we will likely be floundering around for another decade

It took us 20 years to find a franchise QB... on accident btw.

I guess I got lost in the thread. It just seems there are people who are negative no matter what happens without being realistic, If that’s not you, my apologies.
I also agree on Bowen. I would be less than enthusiastic. But i would wait on results before condemning it.
Yeah, people are really reaching on this Vrabel ego thing. There is no evidence to point to people having trouble with the guy. In terms of Bowen, we have results from this year and they were historically bad. I can understand a drop-off given the weirdness of this year, but that’s dropping off the planet. I hope the fact that he reached out to Austin is a good sign.

The disdain for vrabel comes from the fact that the titans as an organization suck and there's no reason to believe we are going to have a viable team in a couple years so if he cant field a decently run defense in a couple years we will likely be floundering around for another decade

How is deliberately trading for a QB an accident? It’s not like he got lost on the way to a picnic and stumbled into the stadium. I believe JR picked him knowing Mariotta was a bad fit for what we wanted to run. People trash Tannehill’s Miami years, but there were some positive signs he had talent throughout his career. I think since Amy took over, there is no legitimate argument that the organization sucks.

I feel a lot of teams find their QB by accident...accident or shear luck. There are a few QBs that are can’t miss in a draft. And then you have to be sh!tty and lucky to get them. Other than that you have to gamble and get lucky.

How is deliberately trading for a QB an accident? It’s not like he got lost on the way to a picnic and stumbled into the stadium. I believe JR picked him knowing Mariotta was a bad fit for what we wanted to run. People trash Tannehill’s Miami years, but there were some positive signs he had talent throughout his career. I think since Amy took over, there is no legitimate argument that the organization sucks.

I will say that my cousin met a lot of NFL executives while serving as a VP on the new Rams stadium. He is a Titan fan and they told him the Titans have a reputation as being one of the worst ran franchises. Take it for what is is worth. I would love an ownership change.

I will say that my cousin met a lot of NFL executives while serving as a VP on the new Rams stadium. He is a Titan fan and they told him the Titans have a reputation as being one of the worst ran franchises. Take it for what is is worth. I would love an ownership change.
I agree if looking at previous years. Now though, hard to find reason to complain. Amy couldn’t fix everything in 1 season. I feel like she has taken a progressive and organized approach to shoveling the $&*# out of the barn. Now that she has controlling ownership, my expectations are high that we will continue to improve. I would say the Rams are also hardly the model franchise.

I will add that I think JR got a little big headed when I have listened to some interviews and so forth. I think a crappy off-season may bring him down to earth a bit.

How does anyone have any faith in Amy Adam's.... she inherited a billion dollars and would be nothing if her father wasn't an oil billionaire and she's a woman

I agree if looking at previous years. Now though, hard to find reason to complain. Amy couldn’t fix everything in 1 season. I feel like she has taken a progressive and organized approach to shoveling the $&*# out of the barn. Now that she has controlling ownership, my expectations are high that we will continue to improve. I would say the Rams are also hardly the model franchise.
I think Amy has done a good job, better than her predecessor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back