Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of this makes sense. Why would the Titans pay so much for a position that doesn't really fit their philosophy on offense? Why would a high profile receiver want to come here to block and be a decoy? Are they just trying to trick everyone into thinking that they are going to pass more this year.... again?
I believe they will be passing more this season

I believe they will be passing more this season
“Will be”??? What are you talking about? They’ve been passing all off season. Passing on good (or any) WRs. Passing on a good OC. Passing on becoming actually competitive.

Last edited by a moderator:
None of this makes sense. Why would the Titans pay so much for a position that doesn't really fit their philosophy on offense? Why would a high profile receiver want to come here to block and be a decoy? Are they just trying to trick everyone into thinking that they are going to pass more this year.... again?

None of us know what their philosophy on offense is.

They haven't even thrown one pre-season pass and you guys are convinced there will be no passing. FYI, perhaps part of the reason we've seen less passing is they weren't confident in their receiving core to catch it. It could also be that their OC was a predictable doofus during the last two seasons.

Things to remember:
1- If memory serves me correctly, they were a top 5 offense under Arthur Smith, and if I remember many at this site were all about questioning the decision to make him our OC. Well, he was good enough to land a head coaching job after 2 seasons.

2 -The team has been built to run the ball, but our GM comes from the 49rs, who have been using Deebo for years as a Swiss army knife. I think the new RB was added to serve that kind of dual threat role.

3 - Titans brass and coaches see where the league, and more specifically the AFC is going offensively. They didn't draft Levis so he could hand the ball off 75% of the time. If they wanted to do that they could've stuck with Willis. Levis has a cannon, and you don't draft that guy unless you intend to use it.

4 - Tannehill's best numbers as a pro come with RPO. They would be stupid to not utilize that option. To do so, you need enough playmakers on the field to allow him someplace to throw with confidence.

While I think there may be some genuine interest in singing DHop. I also wouldn't be surprised at all if this is just Vrabel trolling fans.

Is there any world where we got both Hopkins and Renfrow for under the $25M that AJ got without giving up draft picks?

So he was given an offer while he was here and the Pats did the same. He will continue to wait for more teams asking him to come in or he might make decision between us and the Pats.

So he was given an offer while he was here and the Pats did the same. He will continue to wait for more teams asking him to come in or he might make decision between us and the Pats.

Pats are literally the worst team in their division now.... hopefully he has a fraction of common sense.

They haven't even thrown one pre-season pass and you guys are convinced there will be no passing. FYI, perhaps part of the reason we've seen less passing is they weren't confident in their receiving core to catch it. It could also be that their OC was a predictable doofus during the last two seasons.

Things to remember:
1- If memory serves me correctly, they were a top 5 offense under Arthur Smith, and if I remember many at this site were all about questioning the decision to make him our OC. Well, he was good enough to land a head coaching job after 2 seasons.

2 -The team has been built to run the ball, but our GM comes from the 49rs, who have been using Deebo for years as a Swiss army knife. I think the new RB was added to serve that kind of dual threat role.

3 - Titans brass and coaches see where the league, and more specifically the AFC is going offensively. They didn't draft Levis so he could hand the ball off 75% of the time. If they wanted to do that they could've stuck with Willis. Levis has a cannon, and you don't draft that guy unless you intend to use it.

4 - Tannehill's best numbers as a pro come with RPO. They would be stupid to not utilize that option. To do so, you need enough playmakers on the field to allow him someplace to throw with confidence.

I mean, it's a pretty safe bet we wont be passing..... at least to the standard of the top 16 passing offenses of the league.. (McNair's MVP season he only had 24 TD. And since AJ was sold down the river, the Tannehill 20+ season was a fluke.)

We've NEVER been that team, and I would bet anything it continues to be that way. The only thing we're asking for DHOP is 70-95 a game to get attention off Derrick. -- and with which our crap investment in Burks can never take off without it and with Chris Moore or NWI on the other side...

I mean, it's a pretty safe bet we wont be passing..... at least to the standard of the top 16 passing offenses of the league.. (McNair's MVP season he only had 24 TD. And since AJ was sold down the river, the Tannehill 20+ season was a fluke.)

We've NEVER been that team, and I would bet anything it continues to be that way. The only thing we're asking for DHOP is 70-95 a game to get attention off Derrick. -- and with which our crap investment in Burks can never take off without it and with Chris Moore or NWI on the other side...
20+ wasn’t fluke. He hit that mark 3/4 years in TN and was injured the 4th season.
30+ may have been fluke but it’s hard to tell after Smith left as OC if the offense would continue passing a little more.

If THill is healthy all 17 games, fair expectation is still 25. The other half to that expectation is him throwing for 3k+ if not pushing for the first Titan QB with 4K.
His 3800 and 33 TD in 20’ seems a bit of an outlier albeit not that extreme like a LJ MVP season was.

20+ wasn’t fluke. He hit that mark 3/4 years in TN and was injured the 4th season.
30+ may have been fluke but it’s hard to tell after Smith left as OC if the offense would continue passing a little more.

If THill is healthy all 17 games, fair expectation is still 25. The other half to that expectation is him throwing for 3k+ if not pushing for the first Titan QB with 4K.
His 3800 and 33 TD in 20’ seems a bit of an outlier albeit not that extreme like a LJ MVP season was.

I meant the 30. Typo lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back