Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then its one and done or miss the playoffs until the D gets fixed

Wet lost a lot on defense to injuries/COVID last year, so it's hard to make a good judgement on them. Suffice to say though, we've gotta improve our pass rush. Really surprised we never brought Cam Wake back in after we cut Beasley, but maybe the finances were tight given the economic environment.

Improve the pass rush and the secondary will figure itself out.

Defensive backs will be fine once healthy. Adoree being out all season killed us. We found some diamonds in the rough who will only get better though in Fulton and Borders. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing adoree back, but if we really want to save the cap space, I wouldn't hate releasing him either. King wouldn't be a bad alternative.

As for safeties, we can let vaccaro go. It's his time, and I think Hooker has earned the spot. Byard will be fine.

What we need to do this offseason is draft 6 pass rushers and a wide reciever.

Defensive backs will be fine once healthy. Adoree being out all season killed us. We found some diamonds in the rough who will only get better though in Fulton and Borders. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing adoree back, but if we really want to save the cap space, I wouldn't hate releasing him either. King wouldn't be a bad alternative.

As for safeties, we can let vaccaro go. It's his time, and I think Hooker has earned the spot. Byard will be fine.

What we need to do this offseason is draft 6 pass rushers and a wide reciever.

You wanted us to cut Malcolm Butler last year and said he was trash.

Wet lost a lot on defense to injuries/COVID last year, so it's hard to make a good judgement on them. Suffice to say though, we've gotta improve our pass rush. Really surprised we never brought Cam Wake back in after we cut Beasley, but maybe the finances were tight given the economic environment.

Improve the pass rush and the secondary will figure itself out.
Other than 3 sacks vs the browns in week 1, Wake did not a lot last year

Interesting. I thought he got hurt much earlier in the year. I do remember he strictly played on pass downs. He got like 20 snaps a game maybe.
I don't recall his snap counts. I know he wasn't considered "starter". 3/ $23 mil seems like a lot for a rotational guy.

I don't recall his snap counts. I know he wasn't considered "starter". 3/ $23 mil seems like a lot for a rotational guy.

Not a rotational pass rusher lol pass rushers are the 2nd most coveted position in the NFL.

Plus it was really only a 1 year deal. No guarantees after first year.

The BEST way to save serious money is to cut Adoree or Butler or both. Each would save us around $10 mil in cap. Going into the season with Borders and Fulton starting sounds crazy but we could get some serious pass rush help with an extra $20 mil. Just sayin.

The BEST way to save serious money is to cut Adoree or Butler or both. Each would save us around $10 mil in cap. Going into the season with Borders and Fulton starting sounds crazy but we could get some serious pass rush help with an extra $20 mil. Just sayin.
I agree. That sounds crazy.

Surely last year is proof that there are no guarantees with bringing high cost guys via FA.

And who would this pass rush help be?

Imo...Restructure Malcom and Adoree...draft Edge

Sign Watt and re-sign Clowney.... fixed.
Their combined sacks were 5 last year and both are hurt more and more frequently. They won’t fix it. You could pull in one or the other and pair them with a more productive guy, but two aging guys on the decline is not a good plan.

Their combined sacks were 5 last year and both are hurt more and more frequently. They won’t fix it. You could pull in one or the other and pair them with a more productive guy, but two aging guys on the decline is not a good plan.

Sack numbers are nice. But not the end al be all. His mere presence and knowledge would help the other guys. Simmons and Landry would benefit.

Clowney is only 27. I wouldn’t call that aging. Watt is 33 and while not what he once was, he applied pressure and is one of those guys who a Championship team picks up later in a career that helps them win. You need veteran presence on my opinion. Reggie White was really good from 32 years old on when traded to Green Bay. Had 16 sacks at 37 years old.

I doubt we sign them both, but who knows. They both love Vrabel and Bowen.

Sack numbers are nice. But not the end al be all. His mere presence and knowledge would help the other guys. Simmons and Landry would benefit.

Clowney is only 27. I wouldn’t call that aging. Watt is 33 and while not what he once was, he applied pressure and is one of those guys who a Championship team picks up later in a career that helps them win. You need veteran presence on my opinion. Reggie White was really good from 32 years old on when traded to Green Bay. Had 16 sacks at 37 years old.

I doubt we sign them both, but who knows. They both love Vrabel and Bowen.
You do need veterans in the locker room and I feel that is an area JR has undervalued. However, Clowney and Watt are not going to fix our pass rush. Granted Watt would bring a coach-level presence to the locker room, but there is no substitute for putting a QB on his back several times a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back