Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
and I did. and you couldn’t take it. And my position has been that JRob is NOT a top GM like you keep defending. It’s been that simple. But we can disagree. No need to twist statements to suit your position or resort to insults.

Agree with what you're saying. But just to state the obvious that some find difficult to acknowledge- that's a GM decision that turned out bad, a GM decision that turned out bad and a GM decision that turned out bad.
I don't think not signing Conklin turned out bad but I don't know if bad is remotely strong enough a word on how F'ing awful the Clowney/Beasely signings were.

and I did. and you couldn’t take it. And my position has been that JRob is NOT a top GM like you keep defending. It’s been that simple. But we can disagree. No need to twist statements to suit your position or resort to insults.

Agree with what you're saying. But just to state the obvious that some find difficult to acknowledge- that's a GM decision that turned out bad, a GM decision that turned out bad and a GM decision that turned out bad.

And I showed you draft picks hes missed on... and you didn’t like it so you reverted to FA and extensions instead.

And my point was as Riverman said, JRob needs to up his game this year
That has nothing to do with what I said. I said nothing about it on being good or bad. Someone asks you to make 2 free throws and you make both both that means almost nothing. But the more they ask you to make the more reasonable it is to miss some.

Outside Wilson none of jrobs picks have been bad in round one. Overpaid for some? Sure. If we take all other aspects of being a gm and just look at first round draft picks which is what was being talked about. He picked an allpro, a good wr2, a good cb, a low end starter ilb, a very good st, and a mentally unstable 12foot tall man who thinks he is a panda. So 5 for 6 on starters. 2 very good players 2 good players one not so good but starter level player and a bust.

If finding starters with every pick is the bar which is what was said to start this whole thing. Jrob 5/6 Beach 2/2.

I don't think I've seen more than 1 person even say we shouldn't re-sign him.
I think even despite last season, more of this board is pro re-signing him than cutting him.

Edit: And there's an entire thread dedicated to Byard's bad play.
Seemed to me like aj gets a lot of grief and byard not so much. Maybe I'm not paying very good attention lol

Seemed to me like aj gets a lot of grief and byard not so much. Maybe I'm not paying very good attention lol

I tell why I'm not sold on AJ25. JRob stated he drafted him at #17 because he was a dual threat CB and returner. I didn't like the pick. He's a likeable guy, just not elite like people want to make him out to be. He can stay or go, I don't think there will much noticeable difference either way. And he is frequently injured. The worst ability is unavailability.

There's a lot about AJ25's injury we don't know. Is his overall play going to diminish because it's going to slow him down or cause chronic issues? If so, I don't see him worth $10M.

If he'll be back at 100%, I think the Titans will keep him next season and let it play out. There's not many options in free agency who the Titans can get for $10M next season.

Fulton's future also plays into this. If he's ready to move outside at some point, it'll change the dynamics of the position.

There's a lot about AJ25's injury we don't know. Is his overall play going to diminish because it's going to slow him down or cause chronic issues? If so, I don't see him worth $10M.

If he'll be back at 100%, I think the Titans will keep him next season and let it play out. There's not many options in free agency who the Titans can get for $10M next season.

Fulton's future also plays into this. If he's ready to move outside at some point, it'll change the dynamics of the position.

I think they can sign a FA to a deal that has a much smaller than 10mil cap hit next yr. I will be surprised if Adoree is willing to sign any sort of long term deal at this point to lower his cap number because he knows if he plays well next season he will hit FA when the cap goes back up.

I think re-signing King is key and if we can get him locked up then it makes Adoree more easily expendable.....we have Fulton and then can pick up a free agent to compete for the outside spot.......I'd love to sign Cam Sutton from the Steelers.

I think they can sign a FA to a deal that has a much smaller than 10mil cap hit next yr. I will be surprised if Adoree is willing to sign any sort of long term deal at this point to lower his cap number because he knows if he plays well next season he will hit FA when the cap goes back up.

I think re-signing King is key and if we can get him locked up then it makes Adoree more easily expendable.....we have Fulton and then can pick up a free agent to compete for the outside spot.......I'd love to sign Cam Sutton from the Steelers.
Adoree has never really been an interceptions guy. That will hold him back a little in FA. TJ is right though, the whole thing hinges on his injury and if it is a recurring/lingering type thing.

Is AJ Bouye still worth jack s**t?

He just got released but still has a 2 game suspension to sit on for PEDs.
I know 2-3 years ago, this entire board was all-in on him.

Is AJ Bouye still worth jack s**t?

He just got released but still has a 2 game suspension to sit on for PEDs.
I know 2-3 years ago, this entire board was all-in on him.
Bouyes PFF grade has gone down every year for the past 5 years and they had him as the 80th/121 graded CB this year. Seems like he fell off big time.

Butler or Jackson have to be out. We NEED money for pass rush.

Butler or Jackson have to be out. We NEED money for pass rush.
I disagree.
AJ25 NEEDS a structured contract with less than a $10 mil cap hit this year.

For Pass rush, it absolutely needs addressed to a full extent. Draft picks won't be costly and I think most are expecting the 1st round at least to be a pass rusher. Maybe JRob looks for some cheaper depth guys (like Correa, ha).

I don't think it's impossible to keep both and King while still addressing the pass rush.

Ideal world is that both Butler and Jackson are willing to re-work their deals to avoid hitting the open market when most teams don’t have a bunch of cap space.

They just saw Bouye get the ax and they know he won’t get anything close to the 13mil in cap space that the Broncos are saving

Ideal world is that both Butler and Jackson are willing to re-work their deals to avoid hitting the open market when most teams don’t have a bunch of cap space.

They just saw Bouye get the ax and they know he won’t get anything close to the 13mil in cap space that the Broncos are saving
I am mildly surprised there isn’t a sign Bouye thread raging on here. Usually the minute someone is cut a poster starts a “we must sign him or get a new GM” thread.

I am mildly surprised there isn’t a sign Bouye thread raging on here. Usually the minute someone is cut a poster starts a “we must sign him or get a new GM” thread.

It appears there will be a ton of FA defensive backs available.

I find it funny , unusual , suspicious that a lot of Texan players current and former keep having PED issues. Cushing is their strength coach. Coincidental?

I didn't realize Jonnu was part of that.

What bothers me is, yes from that trade we ended up with Conklin, Davis, Johnson and Henry. Johnson was a miss and we lost Conklin to FA and could lose Davis, so our 2 1st rounders that should be core guys aren't on the team (assuming Davis leaves)

Could lose Jonnu as well...1st and 2nd rounders should be contributing enough and an effort made to keep them for a 2nd contract

Big hit with Henry but don't forget Kevin Dodd was in there...the 2nd round that year isn't looking good.

You can't keep everyone. While I don't have the stats to back it up, I imagine most 1st rounders likely end up somewhere else after their rookie contract ends. Like it or not, we decided last off-season where we wanted to build our team going forward, and we put that investment into Tanne and King Henry. That's not going to allow for a lot of roster flexibility.

I disagree.
AJ25 NEEDS a structured contract with less than a $10 mil cap hit this year.

For Pass rush, it absolutely needs addressed to a full extent. Draft picks won't be costly and I think most are expecting the 1st round at least to be a pass rusher. Maybe JRob looks for some cheaper depth guys (like Correa, ha).

I don't think it's impossible to keep both and King while still addressing the pass rush.

I'd be ok with this, but I don't think it will happen. I prefer trying to trade Adoree for a 3/4 instead. Either way, money is tight and we're gonna have to be creative in improving this team through FA.

You can't keep everyone. While I don't have the stats to back it up, I imagine most 1st rounders likely end up somewhere else after their rookie contract ends. Like it or not, we decided last off-season where we wanted to build our team going forward, and we put that investment into Tanne and King Henry. That's not going to allow for a lot of roster flexibility.
Then its one and done or miss the playoffs until the D gets fixed

If Jrob can rework contracts and end up with this in the DB depth chart, I'd be stoked;

Butler
Jackson
Fulton
King
Chris Jackson/Tye/Borders/Etc, maybe new late draft pic

Safety;
Byard
Hooker
Cruikshank
Mid/late round draft pic

Then the bulk of the draft can go to the front 7, and maybe 1 free agency signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back