Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veach is good. He has only had 1 first round pick though which was last year. Given time, he’ll blow one too. Stay just an inexact science. JR need to up his game this year though...

Brett Veach

Kansas City Chiefs/General managers
The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Monday that General Manager Brett Veach has signed a contract extension with the club. Veach, in his eighth season with the team and fourth as GM, has quickly become one of the most successful General Managers in the National Football League.Nov 16, 2020

I’d say adequate enough. Same time as JRob.

Jrob has made 6 first round picks tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adoree Jackson battles an injury all season comes back to give it a shot and you all hate him because he wasn't elite. Weird lol. Meanwhile byard gets paid, starts playing like ass and no one seems to mind.
Byard playing as bad as rest of D. And that’s because we didn’t get decent pass rush in past drafts and FA, and didn’t get a legit DC. But yeah that doesn’t reflect on the GM.

Jrob has made 6 first round picks tho.
2016 - Conklin (didn't pick up 5th yr option, lost in FA) 3rd round comp pick?
JRob whiffed on Round 2 except Henry..great pick

2017 - Davis at 5 (good #2 but not a #1 which you expect at 5)
Jackson - good not great CB (we need to use him more, used Pacman he was taken at 6)

2018 - Evans

2019- Simmons, great pick at that spot, needs a running mate though

2020- SpongeBob Wilson -wasted pick?

Jackson - good not great CB (we need to use him more, used Pacman he was taken at 6)

2018 - Evans

My point was Veach has such a small sample size it is hard to say about him never missing a first round pick.

2018 - Evans

We didn’t pick up Conklin’s option because he was hurt and his play slipped similar to Adoree and y’all are b!tching about us picking up his option lol can’t win either way.

Conklin signed one of the richest OT deal in history. We can’t afford 2 of those on the same team.

CD and AJ25 would both sign big deals with other teams if they aren’t brought back. To me, that signals that other teams recognize that are solid players. Considering how many 1st rounders turn into busts I’d say it’s a pretty good track record so far. Only one bust.

We didn’t pick up Conklin’s option because he was hurt and his play slipped similar to Adoree and y’all are b!tching about us picking up his option lol can’t win either way.

Conklin signed one of the richest OT deal in history. We can’t afford 2 of those on the same team.

CD and AJ25 would both sign big deals with other teams if they aren’t brought back. To me, that signals that other teams recognize that are solid players. Considering how many 1st rounders turn into busts I’d say it’s a pretty good track record so far. Only one bust.
You have no idea what kind of deal CD or AJ would sign with another team...Davis has yet to get 1000 yds, he's a good #2 and AJ is coming off a season missed due to injury

You're we are rough on JRob, he's made some good moves, some questionable moves like many GMs but since he's the Titans GM I don't care about what the others are doing
We'll see this coming offseason, the D needs fixed, either by staff or players improvement

You have no idea what kind of deal CD or AJ would sign with another team...Davis has yet to get 1000 yds, he's a good #2 and AJ is coming off a season missed due to injury

You're we are rough on JRob, he's made some good moves, some questionable moves like many GMs but since he's the Titans GM I don't care about what the others are doing
We'll see this coming offseason, the D needs fixed, either by staff or players improvement

Ok plain and simple.... so if CD/AJ25 signs a big deal elsewhere will you admit you were wrong?

Where is he now?

who’s left from the “king’s ransom” of picks? You’re too soft on JRob. Period.

We got 6 picks from the Rams in that trade. The 1st rounders he turned into Conklin and Davis. Conklin was/is an elite tackle and Davis is a very solid WR, albeit a little injury prone.

The two 2nd round picks he turned into Austin Johnson (miss) and into all pro King Henry. They sent that Rams 3rd rounder to the Browns in the move up to get Conklin. The 2017 3rd round pick was spent on Jonnu Smith.

So among the 6 picks we received, J-Rob selected 4 players that turned out to be very good/elite.

I'd say he did pretty well with that King's ransom. J-Rob has drafted well in every draft until 2020, and to be honest, it's way to soon to judge that draft. So far, only a handful of guys from that entire draft have even made an impact.

it’s tied in to his GM performance.

Except we aren't privy to contract negotiations, so you're just making wild assumptions based off of zero information. We also had to re-sign RT and Henry. He did miss the boat by not offering Conklin that 5th year, but I suppose he was worried he would end the season on IR again which would have guaranteed his 5th year option.

2018 - Evans

2019- Simmons, great pick at that spot, needs arunning mate though

Wilson certainly isn't encouraging, but it's a little early to give up on him.

We got 6 picks from the Rams in that trade. The 1st rounders he turned into Conklin and Davis. Conklin was/is an elite tackle and Davis is a very solid WR, albeit a little injury prone.

The two 2nd round picks he turned into Austin Johnson (miss) and into all pro King Henry. They sent that Rams 3rd rounder to the Browns in the move up to get Conklin. The 2017 3rd round pick was spent on Jonnu Smith.

So among the 6 picks we received, J-Rob selected 4 players that turned out to be very good/elite.

I'd say he did pretty well with that King's ransom. J-Rob has drafted well in every draft until 2020, and to be honest, it's way to soon to judge that draft. So far, only a handful of guys from that entire draft have even made an impact.
I didn't realize Jonnu was part of that.

What bothers me is, yes from that trade we ended up with Conklin, Davis, Johnson and Henry. Johnson was a miss and we lost Conklin to FA and could lose Davis, so our 2 1st rounders that should be core guys aren't on the team (assuming Davis leaves)

Could lose Jonnu as well...1st and 2nd rounders should be contributing enough and an effort made to keep them for a 2nd contract

Big hit with Henry but don't forget Kevin Dodd was in there...the 2nd round that year isn't looking good.

From memory that kings ransom was JRobs first full season as GM, and he had the old scout team in place that he inherited.

Obvs, cant give him credit for Henry etc but then cut him slack for Johnson and Dodd, but worth mentioning.

Adoree Jackson battles an injury all season comes back to give it a shot and you all hate him because he wasn't elite. Weird lol. Meanwhile byard gets paid, starts playing like ass and no one seems to mind.
I don't think I've seen more than 1 person even say we shouldn't re-sign him.
I think even despite last season, more of this board is pro re-signing him than cutting him.

Edit: And there's an entire thread dedicated to Byard's bad play.

Except we aren't privy to contract negotiations, so you're just making wild assumptions based off of zero information. We also had to re-sign RT and Henry. He did miss the boat by not offering Conklin that 5th year, but I suppose he was worried he would end the season on IR again which would have guaranteed his 5th year option.
Kelly was also a factor.

Agree with the cost points thrown out there. To sign Conklin, we wouldn't have even had a shot at signing some FA pass rushers. Unfortunately, we didn't sign Conklin or any pass rushers, we just got Beasley and Clowney.

I asked you to provide an example of a GM who hasn’t missed on a draft pick

and I did. and you couldn’t take it. And my position has been that JRob is NOT a top GM like you keep defending. It’s been that simple. But we can disagree. No need to twist statements to suit your position or resort to insults.

Kelly was also a factor.

Agree with the cost points thrown out there. To sign Conklin, we wouldn't have even had a shot at signing some FA pass rushers. Unfortunately, we didn't sign Conklin or any pass rushers, we just got Beasley and Clowney.

Agree with what you're saying. But just to state the obvious that some find difficult to acknowledge- that's a GM decision that turned out bad, a GM decision that turned out bad and a GM decision that turned out bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back