Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
said early/mid 1st. not all. and should contribute enough to stick with team so a team isn't looking to replace that position again in 4 years. Of course you don't hit on every pick- Titans just haven't hit on many (if any) since Lewan. Mariota, Conklin, Jackson, Davis. Evans is decent but he's later 1st round. In fact, we've spent first rounds picks on the D last 4 years and we still don't have a "star". Simmons IS showing promise but he hasn't been exceptionally disruptive.

Anyway thread topic is about DB's. AJ25 just not that special IMO. He can go- he'll produce the same gone as he has recently.
Agree, mid/late Rd1 picks should stick and contribute, same as 2nd rounders, players in these draft slots should have talent enough to contribute. I know there are misses with all teams, players, too many variables but the FO, scouts should be doing their research, thats there job.
Wilson for example, did he all of a sudden become a immature kid? Probably not

Simmons needs someone beside him, maybe this draft?

said early/mid 1st. not all. and should contribute enough to stick with team so a team isn't looking to replace that position again in 4 years. Of course you don't hit on every pick- Titans just haven't hit on many (if any) since Lewan. Mariota, Conklin, Jackson, Davis. Evans is decent but he's later 1st round. In fact, we've spent first rounds picks on the D last 4 years and we still don't have a "star". Simmons IS showing promise but he hasn't been exceptionally disruptive.

Anyway thread topic is about DB's. AJ25 just not that special IMO. He can go- he'll produce the same gone as he has recently.

show me a team who hasn’t missed on a early to mid 1st round pick?

You don’t think Conklin was good enough to stick around? Davis?

You’re crying about Adoree missing time for injury but that’s exactly why we didn’t pick up Conklin’s 5th year option. He was hurt and when he came back it affected his play. Sound familiar? .... and you blamed JRob then too. Lol!

Everyone of those players besides Mariota was good enough to stick around for another contract. But you can’t keep them all especially with a non rookie QB contract on the team.

show me a team who hasn’t missed on a early to mid 1st round pick?

You don’t think Conklin was good enough to stick around? Davis?

You’re crying about Adoree missing time for injury but that’s exactly why we didn’t pick up Conklin’s 5th year option. He was hurt and when he came back it affected his play. Sound familiar? .... and you blamed JRob then too. Lol!

Everyone of those players besides Mariota was good enough to stick around for another contract. But you can’t keep them all especially with a non rookie QB contract on the team.

What is JRobs performance criteria in your book? Was the Isiah Wilson. “Normal” miss like any GM could have made? You’re suggest I’m too hard on JRob, I suggest you’re too easy.

What is JRobs performance criteria in your book? Was the Isiah Wilson. “Normal” miss like any GM could have made? You’re suggest I’m too hard on JRob, I suggest you’re too easy.
JRob has made his share of mistakes, like any GM...but he's not any GM. He's the Titans GM so yeah I expect more
He is not God like many think. The D is a mess, FA misses on Clowney (his best year was with Vrabel so expected more) Beasley was more than a miss!
I'm worried we have no cap to fix the D

No lol the Wilson pick has been a huge swing and a miss. But his other “misses” have played meaningful snaps and been contributing to a winning football team and have been worthy of a 2nd contract but with a salary cap you can’t keep every player you draft.

Conklin is a multiple time All Pro OT and he’s a miss??

I would say JRob has been a top 10 GM in the league since he was hired. He’s been solid overall, but yes he’s had some bad decisions and draft picks too.

No lol the Wilson pick has been a huge swing and a miss. But his other “misses” have played meaningful snaps and been contributing to a winning football team and have been worthy of a 2nd contract but with a salary cap you can’t keep every player you draft.

Conklin is a multiple time All Pro OT and he’s a miss??
Where is he now?

who’s left from the “king’s ransom” of picks? You’re too soft on JRob. Period.

Where is he now?

who’s left from the “king’s ransom” of picks? You’re too soft on JRob. Period.

So not being able to re sign a player is the criteria for if he’s a bust or not? That’s incredibly dumb.

How am I too soft on him? You say he’s slightly above average (meaning he’s too 15 GM) I say he’s top 10. I have been super critical of some of his decisions but all of the players you named in your first post have been worthy of 2nd contracts. That was your argument. “The player should be around for a 2nd contract”. Unfortunately, that’s not how things work in the NFL. You can’t re sign every single 1st round pick. There’s a salary cap and when you’re paying a QB $30 million a year it’s even more difficult.

We have gone back and forth many times about this and you still cannot answer this question. Show me ONE GM who meets your criteria! Show me a GM who hasn’t missed on a 1st round pick. Go ahead. You are comparing JRob against a criteria that no one has ever met lol

Last edited by a moderator:
So not being able to re sign a player is the criteria for if he’s a bust or not? That’s incredibly dumb .
what is incredibly dumb is that I never said that and you’re Suggesting that I did.

How am I too soft on him? You say he’s slightly above average (meaning he’s too 15 GM) I say he’s top 10. I have been super critical of some of his decisions but all of the players you named in your first post have been worthy of 2nd contracts. That was your argument. “The player should be around for a 2nd contract”. Unfortunately, that’s not how things work in the NFL. You can’t re sign every single 1st round pick. There’s a salary cap and when you’re paying a QB $30 million a year it’s even more difficult..

you mean the salary cap that we spent on Beasley Humphreys Clowney etc.?

We have gone back and forth many times about this and you still cannot answer this question. Show me ONE GM who meets your criteria! Show me a GM who hasn’t missed on a 1st round pick. Go ahead. You are comparing JRob against a criteria that no one has ever met lol.

I don’t have time to list them all for your argumentative AZZ. Brett Veach is one who comes to mind. Chew on that.

Veach has only made 2 first round picks. Not exactly a huge sample size.

Brett Veach

Kansas City Chiefs/General managers
The Kansas City Chiefs announced on Monday that General Manager Brett Veach has signed a contract extension with the club. Veach, in his eighth season with the team and fourth as GM, has quickly become one of the most successful General Managers in the National Football League.Nov 16, 2020

I’d say adequate enough. Same time as JRob.

what is incredibly dumb is that I never said that and you’re Suggesting that I did.

you mean the salary cap that we spent on Beasley Humphreys Clowney etc.?

I don’t have time to list them all for your argumentative AZZ. Brett Veach is one who comes to mind. Chew on that.

You said Conklin was a miss because we didn’t re sign him lol

You don’t have time lol no more like you can’t answer the question. You’ve had months to come up with one example.

Brett Veach has had 2 1st round picks in his 4 years of being a GM but I’ll gladly compare him to JRob if you’d like. Veach has had plenty of misses too. He nailed Mahomes though.

In his time with KC he has drafted 3 pro bowl players (Hardman made it as a return man and Hunt is no longer with the team). JRob has also drafted 3 pro bowl players in his time with the Titans. All still with the team.

Veach has drafted 1 all pro player. JRob has 3.

Outside of Kareem Hunt (who he released, must be counted a miss then!) and Patrick Mahomes Veach has yet to produce a meaningful starter (core player) for KC.

Last edited by a moderator:
You said Conklin was a miss because we didn’t re sign him lol

You don’t have time lol no more like you can’t answer the question. You’ve had months to come up with one example.

Brett Veach has had 2 1st round picks in his 4 years of being a GM but I’ll gladly compare him to JRob if you’d like. Veach has had plenty of misses too. He nailed Mahomes though.

In his time with KC he has drafted 3 pro bowl players (Hardman made it as a return man). JRob has also drafted 3 pro bowl players in his time with the Titans.

Veach has drafted 1 all pro player. JRob has 3.

Outside of Kareem Hunt (who he released, must be counted a miss then!) and Patrick Mahomes Veach has yet to produce a meaningful starter (core player) for KC.

veach better in FA and extensions. Can’t believe y’all suggesting JRob even close to Veach. You asked for one- said I couldn’t give you one. I gave you one.

veach better in FA and extensions. Can’t believe y’all suggesting JRob even close to Veach. You asked for one- said I couldn’t give you one. I gave you one.

You were strictly talking about draft picks though lol now you want to change the argument because you have no rebuttal

You were strictly talking about draft picks though lol now you want to change the argument because you have no rebuttal

no. “JRob slightly better than average”. You’re the one who said a I couldn’t give you an example of a GM I did and now you’re moving the subject matter around to suit yourself. I don’t really care if we agree or not- I’m just compelled to call out the BS that JRob is a top GM.

no. “JRob slightly better than average”. You’re the one who said a I couldn’t give you an example of a GM I did and now you’re moving the subject matter around to suit yourself. I don’t really care if we agree or not- I’m just compelled to call out the BS that JRob is a top GM.

I asked you to provide an example of a GM who hasn’t missed on a draft pick lol not who is better at signing FA. You started this whole argument by saying JRob doesn’t draft well in the first round.

then I compare him with the example that you gave and your rebuttal is oh but his free agents are better. Lol clown show.

JRob’s biggest struggle to this point has been FA. But even still he’s had some impact players there. Saffold, Jones, Vaccaro, Butler, Ryan have all helped this team. He’s had some misses there too though and the misses have hurt but at least none of them were long term deals.

From a drafting standpoint I think a lot of Titans fans take for granted the job he’s done so far. You’d be hard pressed to find a GM who has produced more pro bowl and all pro players over the last 5 years than JRob.

That being said this offseason is crucial. He has to get some pass rush on this team. Our window is about 2 more years with this team.

Adoree Jackson battles an injury all season comes back to give it a shot and you all hate him because he wasn't elite. Weird lol. Meanwhile byard gets paid, starts playing like ass and no one seems to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back