Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you expect a GM to draft a core player in the first round every single year AND be able to re sign them to a long term contract every single time.

Absolutely ridiculous expectations. Especially with a $30 million QB.

Being outbid for a player isn’t the GM’s fault.
You don’t have to outbid if you lock them up with an extension or even exercise a 5th year while you decide.

you don’t know as much as you pretend. And as such, you shouldn’t tend to be derisive toward posters with opinions different than your own. You cone off as a jerk when you do that.

You don’t have to outbid if you lock them up with an extension or even exercise a 5th year while you decide.

you don’t know as much as you pretend. And as such, you shouldn’t tend to be derisive toward posters with opinions different than your own. You cone off as a jerk when you do that.

This !!

I think we don’t get out in front of some players ahead of free agency. Using the theory of time value of money, signing them ahead of the last contract expiring and not waiting for that or 5th year option, could save money over the long haul. Is much like the math involved in taking social security early. If you don’t take your 2k per month at 62, how much will you have to net at 65 to to catch up to 72k you would have earned from age 62, 63, and 64?

I was just helping explain his point. I don't entirely agree. There's merit in what he's saying but as you pointed out, that can't be the expectation year in, year out.

Personally, I'm fine with Conklin being gone and still playing well. JRob has to make money decisions to keep a good roster together best possible.
If there were ANY good offseason contract moves last season, the move to let Conklin walk and ride with Kelley paid off great.

Unfortunately, that decision also came with a downside cost too. I think JRob only picked Wilson because Kelley was a ? on being talented enough to start for the entire season.

So you’re explaining a point that is ridiculous? Lol just because they aren’t on the team anymore doesn’t mean it was a miss. If you agree with that then I wouldn’t help explain his irrational posts.

Im sorry I hurt your feelings... hopefully that helps lol.

But save the sob story. You accuse me of things and then can’t back them up when asked to do so. So I don’t need any lecture from you about how I’m “coming off” to other posters.

You can’t even defend your “slightly above average point” because you are “too busy”. I come off as a jerk to you because someone is actually challenging your thoughts and opinions.... so be it.

“It’s ridiculous to assume a GM will be able to draft a core player every single 1st round pick AND be able to afford them every single time their contract is up”

yall: “you’re being a real jerk just because I have a different opinion than you”.

Lol what is this world coming to? Goodness.

If you want to have an actual conversation about it. Please list the GM’s who are better than JRob. You say slight above average so there needs to be 11-15 names of GM’s better. We will compare them draft by draft. Go ahead.

But save the sob story. You accuse me of things and then can’t back them up when asked to do so. So I don’t need any lecture from you about how I’m “coming off” to other posters.

You can’t even defend your “slightly above average point” because you are “too busy”. I come off as a jerk to you because someone is actually challenging your thoughts and opinions.... so be it.
I think you miss the point of posts a lot.

you were just wrong in your last post. Trying to do you a favor. You presume too much- I don’t care what you think about me. But I’ve seen dozens of guys like you that use inflammatory and insulting comments to get peoples attention. Get your facts straight before you insult others- that’s all I’m suggesting.

you were just wrong in your last post. Trying to do you a favor. You presume too much- I don’t care what you think about me. But I’ve seen dozens of guys like you that use inflammatory and insulting comments to get peoples attention. Get your facts straight before you insult others- that’s all I’m suggesting.

Hahahahahahahahaha..... ok dude whatever.

What facts do I have incorrect? Please provide examples. Or maybe you’re too busy again?

Except I never argue another posters point for them. I defend my thoughts and opinions. But Sleepy T has literally admitted to wanting to just debate and argue on here lol. And now he’s doing it for other people and then backing out when someone responds.

read your own posts. Just doing you a favor.

I’m tired of you responding to me with the same thing over and over and you aren’t willing to have an actual conversation about it.

if you think I’m a jerk because I ask you to defend your point of view then maybe a message board isn’t the best place for you. Just doing you a favor.

Except I never argue another posters point for them. I defend my thoughts and opinions. But Sleepy T has literally admitted to wanting to just debate and argue on here lol. And now he’s doing it for other people and then backing out when someone responds.
This helps prove my point. You took something completely out of context and try to continue pushing it as is always the case.

for a guy who complains about me or @TitanMark for enjoying the debate about things (not just making up an argument to argue) you seem to love doing it just the same.

This helps prove my point. You took something completely out of context and try to continue pushing it as is always the case.

for a guy who complains about me or @TitanMark for enjoying the debate about things (not just making up an argument to argue) you seem to love doing it just the same.

Nothing was taken out of context.

You said:
I was just helping explain his point. I don't entirely agree. There's merit in what he's saying but as you pointed out, that can't be the expectation year in, year out.

I’m tired of you responding to me with the same thing over and over and you aren’t willing to have an actual conversation about it.

if you think I’m a jerk because I ask you to defend your point of view then maybe a message board isn’t the best place for you. Just doing you a favor.

then just ignore it. But, honestly you’re one of the posters I’ve encountered here that are the least interested in having a true dialogue. You disrespect those with differing opinions and then resort to insults when somebody else either refutes your position or suggests to resolve that there are simply differing opinions. What’s worse to me is you don’t even use humor.

so you’re right when you suggest I don’t want to engage in a “debate”. My experience I’ve had with replies with you have shown it’s a waste of your and my time. That’s really all I have to say any further.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back