Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reddick is a guy I’m interested in....young guy with tremendous physical tools...under performed for 3 yrs and then 12.5 sacks in his contract yr....perfect guy for a 1 yr prove it deal
I think this was the first year Reddick was moved to EDGE when Chandler Jones got injured in week 5. Clearly this was a better position for him than ILB.

Once again this makes me feel like we should try Evans at Edge.

I think this was the first year Reddick was moved to EDGE when Chandler Jones got injured in week 5. Clearly this was a better position for him than ILB.

Evans has edge skills but hes almost 100lbs smaller than the guys hed face on the edge

Part of the reason I'm interested in him...put him on the edge and let him do what he does best.

-Vrabel indicated the Titans plan to pursue all options to improve the pass rush in 2021: "It could happen really in both (free agency and the draft)," Vrabel said. "When you have needs, you are always looking to fill them in the best way, and that may be in free agency, and it could potentially be in the draft. You could find a player that you like at different parts of the draft that could help you out on the edge as well."

-Vrabel indicated the Titans plan to pursue all options to improve the pass rush in 2021: "It could happen really in both (free agency and the draft)," Vrabel said. "When you have needs, you are always looking to fill them in the best way, and that may be in free agency, and it could potentially be in the draft. You could find a player that you like at different parts of the draft that could help you out on the edge as well."
In other words, “they got they eye on some later round dudes”. Hope we don’t get too cute again this year.

In other words, “they got they eye on some later round dudes”. Hope we don’t get too cute again this year.

What is he supposed to say? Stock question, stock answer. There is 0 benefit to giving any kind of answer there.

Not picking on you, but I don't get why fans are always trying decipher and put stock in what people say to the media. They are just fulfilling obligations.

What is he supposed to say? Stock question, stock answer. There is 0 benefit to giving any kind of answer there.

Not picking on you, but I don't get why fans are always trying decipher and put stock in what people say to the media. They are just fulfilling obligations.
Not trying to decipher just pointing out the obvious, albeit in a more subtle manner than you. Just read my posts, I’m saying the same thing over and over - they ain’t giving away info at a presser. Never have and never will. I don’t use the sarcasm button because it should be obvious at times.

Not trying to decipher just pointing out the obvious, albeit in a more subtle manner than you. Just read my posts, I’m saying the same thing over and over - they ain’t giving away info at a presser. Never have and never will. I don’t use the sarcasm button because it should be obvious at times.

With all the wild stuff people say here, sarcasm isn't going to be identified. :)

Sometimes picks just don't work. My only quip with Dodd is that he wasn't a scheme fit. If you are taking a 275-280 lb college 4/3 DE to play in a 3/4, he better have some real physical traits.

Sometimes picks just don't work. My only quip with Dodd is that he wasn't a scheme fit. If you are taking a 275-280 lb college 4/3 DE to play in a 3/4, he better have some real physical traits.
My problem is he was a one year wonder in college. JR himself says that’s not his pattern, so why deviate from his own philosophy?

Actually Dodd is a perfect fit since we run more 4 man fronts than 5. Plus he has the size to rotate inside on occasion. Obviously his size had nothing to do with his failure. Now it is true there is always going to be a compromise between someone who is good at holding the edge well and someone who can speed rush. But we need someone on the strong side with a little beef and very often they will be lining up as a traditional 4/3 DE.

Actually Dodd is a perfect fit since we run more 4 man fronts than 5. Plus he has the size to rotate inside on occasion. Obviously his size had nothing to do with his failure. Now it is true there is always going to be a compromise between someone who is good at holding the edge well and someone who can speed rush. But we need someone on the strong side with a little beef and very often they will be lining up as a traditional 4/3 DE.

I don't agree, but I've already spent way too much time thinking about a guy that was in the league like 2 years.

Dodd was character issue.
Wilson character issue.

JRob billed himself as “character drafter”. Missed on high picks. Hit on Conklin but didn’t work out as core player. IMO 1st rounds should be spent on “core” players. CD84?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back