Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy gets it.
Y’all keep talking about not getting rid of defensive pieces to get new defensive pieces but last years defensive pieces SUCKED.
Butler was decent but how much longer will that last at his age?
If you ask me who would you prefer starting, Roberson and Butler or JJ Watt and Borders, I will take pass rush every time.
Not sure we can judge Adoree based on almost a completely lost year due to injury. Adoree does seem a little injury prone, but if you can get him healthy and back at a reasonable price, he is better than Borders. I’m not sure we are in an either/or situation with Butler/Adoree and pass rush help. I feel like restructures are a better way to get cap space, especially with a guy like Butler.

Defensive tackle or edge its gotta be. If this season showed us anything we win in the trenches. We need to get better up front. Look what tampa done to kansas ffs. I know we got Simmons at dt but if you 2 quality tackles that takes alot heat off the edge guys.

Granted kansas had 2 starting tackles out but God dam Mahomes was running for his life and was not the guy we're accustomed to.

Defensive tackle or edge its gotta be. If this season showed us anything we win in the trenches. We need to get better up front. Look what tampa done to kansas ffs. I know we got Simmons at dt but if you 2 quality tackles that takes alot heat off the edge guys.

Granted kansas had 2 starting tackles out but God dam Mahomes was running for his life and was not the guy we're accustomed to.
I couldn’t agree more. The Browns won both battles at the line. We have an average OL and a below average DL. Not the straightest path to a championship.

Totally different cases. White never had a decline in his late twenties to early thirties and didn’t have the injury issues. This example is more like comparing Andrew Luck to Tom Brady. If Watt can be productive and come at a reasonable figure based on his last several years, then by all means bring him on. The best option is a blend f veteran FA and young gun draft pick. BUT... JR has shown me nothing in his ability to get the right FA over the last two years ( speaking of edge help here).

I completely agree they are different and understand Watt has declined and has a recent injury history. Thats why I think he comes cheap. Incentive type 3 years with some guaranteed and we can get out the last 2 years of he sucks. Spread the money out and it doesn’t cost much this season.

I just think a 75% of what he used to be Watt helps us in many many ways.

You missed my point lol but ok cool

Make a point. Don’t hide it. You said at his age and I have you an example of a player who played well past Watts current age and was very good for his 2nd team.

You also said Watt was “ decent “. I don’t know what you mean there either, When? His career? Last season?

Tell me what your point was. Please. Cool? Ok!

I wouldn't mind Watt, but I don't want to give up anything for a CHANCE at him.

1) I'm not sure he'd come here unless it was his only choice.
2) He's had 1 good season in the last 5 years.

I am curious to know why you think he would only come to Titans if it was his only choice?

I completely agree they are different and understand Watt has declined and has a recent injury history. Thats why I think he comes cheap. Incentive type 3 years with some guaranteed and we can get out the last 2 years of he sucks. Spread the money out and it doesn’t cost much this season.

I just think a 75% of what he used to be Watt helps us in many many ways.
Well, as low down on the productivity pole as we are, it’s hard to think he would make matters worse, assuming as you say he is cheap enough.

Make a point. Don’t hide it. You said at his age and I have you an example of a player who played well past Watts current age and was very good for his 2nd team.

You also said Watt was “ decent “. I don’t know what you mean there either, When? His career? Last season?

Tell me what your point was. Please. Cool? Ok!
I think the point is that Reggie White is not a good comparison to Watt.
Not only was Reggie a complete outlier from almost the entire history of the NFL (a very small handful of pass rushers had success that late in their career) but because he didn't have the injury history, no one can possibly assume that Watt today is going to be anything remotely "Reggie White level".

For the "decent" part, he'd have to explain that one.

Well, as low down on the productivity pole as we are, it’s hard to think he would make matters worse, assuming as you say he is cheap enough.

If he isn’t cheap I’m out. If it isn’t a team friendly deal, I’m out. If we win the Super Bowl and he gets $30 million, then I don’t care.

I think the point is that Reggie White is not a good comparison to Watt.
Not only was Reggie a complete outlier from almost the entire history of the NFL (a very small handful of pass rushers had success that late in their career) but because he didn't have the injury history, no one can possibly assume that Watt today is going to be anything remotely "Reggie White level".

For the "decent" part, he'd have to explain that one.

I agree with that.. he just didn’t say that. His point was whatever it was before I brought up Reggie White.

Decent? I just don’t know... I don’t think he does either.

I am curious to know why you think he would only come to Titans if it was his only choice?

"I'm not sure" does not equal "I think".

....but someone who loves a community and is loved in a community might not want to go full turncoat if they have other options.

I’d like to see us get at least one, but preferably two of: Reddick, Judon, Ngakoue, Lawson, Vernon, Aldon Smith, Okwara (DET), Watt, Ingram, Floyd, Hendrickson (NO), Dupree, Hyder (SF), Barrett, Von Miller, Dee Ford, Chandler Jones, Preston Smith or Carlos Dunlap.

I’d like to see us get at least one, but preferably two of: Reddick, Judon, Ngakoue, Lawson, Vernon, Aldon Smith, Okwara (DET), Watt, Ingram, Floyd, Hendrickson (NO), Dupree, Hyder (SF), Barrett, Von Miller, Dee Ford, Chandler Jones, Preston Smith or Carlos Dunlap.

Reddick is a guy I’m interested in....young guy with tremendous physical tools...under performed for 3 yrs and then 12.5 sacks in his contract yr....perfect guy for a 1 yr prove it deal

Reddick would be cool, but he probably signs for pretty big money. We just watched the mighty mahomes be stifled by a good pass rush. Teams will be desperately trying to replicate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back