Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yall were watching the game right? Tannehill was being given about 2.1 seconds to throw the ball or he was plastered on his ass. The play had most receivers on the right side, he started his progression on the right side. Raymond immediately got past his defender and was wide open in the hole. It was the exact right pass for Tannehill to make. If you think Tannehill had time to start on the right side and read the progressions from right to left and see Brown, then you are deluding yourself. His first read was wide open. His first read fell down (and I dont care about that little tiny bit of contact) and screwed up the play. It was 100% on Raymond.

Yall were watching the game right? Tannehill was being given about 2.1 seconds to throw the ball or he was plastered on his ass. The play had most receivers on the right side, he started his progression on the right side. Raymond immediately got past his defender and was wide open in the hole. It was the exact right pass for Tannehill to make. If you think Tannehill had time to start on the right side and read the progressions from right to left and see Brown, then you are deluding yourself. His first read was wide open. His first read fell down (and I dont care about that little tiny bit of contact) and screwed up the play. It was 100% on Raymond.
Disagree....I suggest you watch that play again. Brown immediately broke free right off the snap....he had plenty of time to make that play. He didn't even bother to look to Brown.

Disagree....I suggest you watch that play again. Brown immediately broke free right off the snap....he had plenty of time to make that play. He didn't even bother to look to Brown.
You just missed the entire point.. so I wont bother explaining it again.

You just missed the entire point.. so I wont bother explaining it again.
You should. Go back and watch the play....he had a perfect pocket, the blitz was picked up, and he had more than enough time for that easy touchdown....Too add Brown immediately broke free.
And the alarming part is....the weakest link on the Baltimore secondary switched and lined up against Brown....Tannehill did not read the defense there....that part hurts the most. How he didn't pick that up, the weakest link on Brown is a big red flag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if he makes that play we're at our 45 yard line....with 1.45 on the clock

And.... we would have actually been on the Ravens 45 at minimum with 3 timeouts If Raymond doesn’t fall down he might take it to the house,

YOU need to go rewatch it. The pocket was about to close. Tannehill made a perfect throw. He had no time to look left to Brown.

And.... we would have actually been on the Ravens 45 at minimum with 3 timeouts If Raymond doesn’t fall down he might take it to the house,

YOU need to go rewatch it. The pocket was about to close. Tannehill made a perfect throw. He had no time to look left to Brown.
Given that Raymond made contact with the DB before the Int, I would imagine he wouldnt have been able to take it to the house had he caught it.

I’m assuming a possible missed tackle.... but that’s why I said might.
Tannehill did not read the defense....Baltimore looked confused, and their weakest link lined up against Brown. Tanny did not see that. Brown broke free as expected from the snap....there's no reason to look right for Raymond. The reason he looked right, is because Tannehill had no intention to look for Brown, on that play. There's no argument here....thats a fact.

Tannehill did not read the defense....Baltimore looked confused, and their weakest link lined up against Brown. Tanny did not see that. Brown broke free as expected from the snap....there's no reason to look right for Raymond. The reason he looked right, is because Tannehill had no intention to look for Brown, on that play. There's no argument here....thats a fact.
Then blame the play caller who called a play who stacked the receivers on one side and used the other side as a decoy.... That was the play... if anything you should be complaining about why Art stopped calling plays that focused on Brown. That is your real complaint. Putting this on Tannehill is beyond silly.

Then blame the play caller who called a play who stacked the receivers on one side and used the other side as a decoy.... That was the play... if anything you should be complaining about why Art stopped calling plays that focused on Brown. That is your real complaint. Putting this on Tannehill is beyond silly.
Why blame the play caller? He called the play, its up to the quarterback to read the defense, pick out a weakness and hit it.
What you're saying is....the play is called, and know matter how the defense lines up, you go with the call....

Why blame the play caller? He called the play, its up to the quarterback to read the defense, pick out a weakness and hit it.
What you're saying is....the play is called, and know matter how the defense lines up, you go with the call....
He did... perfect pass to a perfect opening. Anyway, I wont be replying again. Think I am better served adding you to ignore and moving on.

He did... perfect pass to a perfect opening. Anyway, I wont be replying again. Think I am better served adding you to ignore and moving on.
I don't wake up in the morning caring who will add me to the ignore.
If it was the first quarter, your point would make sense. However in the 4th, 1.40 on the clock....connecting on a pass to the 50 yard line, and having your number one receiver open for a touchdown is a ridiculous decision....the one that separates elite from average.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

There is a growing sense from people in and around the Texans’ organization that Deshaun Watson has played his last snap for the team. It’s early in the off-season, there’s a lot of time left, but Watson’s feelings cannot and should not be underestimated.
1:48 PM · Jan 17, 2021

But now all of a sudden Eric Bieniemy is the front runner for the HC job. They interviewed him via Zoom today. Leslie Frazier is apparently their fallback.

I don't see the Texans trading within the division for any amount. I'd think they would prefer a different conference as well

I also wonder if the Cowboys or Falcons would make a play for him. I have no ideas of the contract details for Ryan or if the Cowboys would let Dak walk.

I could see the Cowboys going after him. Jerry would sell the farm and Dak for Watson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back