Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure a majority of that money is already gone. He thought it was going to be coming in for the next 10 years. Houses, cars, jewelry, hookers, coke, on and on.

I am pretty sure a majority of that money is already gone. He thought it was going to be coming in for the next 10 years. Houses, cars, jewelry, hookers, coke, on and on.
No he didn't, he had no desire or plan to last 10 years...he got his win fall and he's out

Not to say he’s better than he is BUT some of you act like he didn’t do anything prior to the draft to earn some of that money.
Almost no one on this board is good enough, dedicated enough, has enough talent, etc to start on a major college football program.
Clearly he showed enough potential to get drafted ahead of many of his peers too.

As far as his NFL career, it was a never happened. Basically he got paid (more) for the work he did in college/HS. Excessive pay? Sure but worked hard for? Absolutely at some point.

Didn’t listen to the rap thing. He’s already in an uphill battle. The chances of getting drafted to the NFL is like 1 in 100,000,000. The chances of successfully become any type of musician is probably about the same. The chances of doing both has to be bigger than our national deficit at least.

Not to say he’s better than he is BUT some of you act like he didn’t do anything prior to the draft to earn some of that money.
Almost no one on this board is good enough, dedicated enough, has enough talent, etc to start on a major college football program.
Clearly he showed enough potential to get drafted ahead of many of his peers too.

As far as his NFL career, it was a never happened. Basically he got paid (more) for the work he did in college/HS. Excessive pay? Sure but worked hard for? Absolutely at some point.

Didn’t listen to the rap thing. He’s already in an uphill battle. The chances of getting drafted to the NFL is like 1 in 100,000,000. The chances of successfully become any type of musician is probably about the same. The chances of doing both has to be bigger than our national deficit at least.
Uh Shaq had multiple rap albums, a Super Nintendo game, Shaq-Fu, and a feature film in Kazzam! Also played basketballs. Happens every day!

Prior to the draft in college he got an education...the hardwork he put in to get drafted means nothing when you piss it away like he did...he got educated but somehow still came out a dumba$$

Prior to the draft in college he got an education...the hardwork he put in to get drafted means nothing when you piss it away like he did...he got educated but somehow still came out a dumba$$
Which is exactly why whenever I hear or see someone say "educated" in any type of debate, I roll my eyes. Plenty of "educated" idiots. We all saw them in college, and we see them now, running around with degrees in basketweaving and upset the world isnt laying down to give them what they want.

Nothing? People are complaining he got $6 mil for “nothing”.

what he did to earn that 6 mil is likely more than anyone on this board has done for that same 6 mil and it’s not close.

anyone on this board a college football standout?
Even started for a college football team?
Made a big 5 conference team?

those are not easy in their own right and even as big a bust as he was, was at least considered a first round pick out of the small percentage that ever get drafted.

what he did to earn that 6 mil is likely more than anyone on this board has done for that same 6 mil and it’s not close.

those are not easy in their own right and even as big a bust as he was, was at least considered a first round pick out of the small percentage that ever get drafted.
Yes, you are correct. He certainly earned his chance. No denying that at all IMO. Sad, as he will never realize his potential and many more millions.....

On another thought, it’s rare to have the physical skills to do such a thing. I’ve worked very hard to beat out many in my field. D1 athletics is a rare thing to begin with. Give me that physical ability, I’d of made it pay!

On another thought, it’s rare to have the physical skills to do such a thing. I’ve worked very hard to beat out many in my field. D1 athletics is a rare thing to begin with. Give me that physical ability, I’d of made it pay!
There are definitely things that are just natural.
I’m 5-9/10”. Very few professional athletes are my height and no amount of physical or mental training would have made me taller.

I have plenty of other un-athletic genes too. One of which was general laziness and procrastination which both are very counterproductive to the work ethic needed to be an athlete.

he was given gifts. Worked hard to earn that first paycheck, then let it all go to his head and gave up.
$6 mil is a lot for a normal person but ain’t s**t for an athlete when you’ve made it to the big stage with potential for $100 mil.

There are definitely things that are just natural.
I’m 5-9/10”. Very few professional athletes are my height and no amount of physical or mental training would have made me taller.

I have plenty of other un-athletic genes too. One of which was general laziness and procrastination which both are very counterproductive to the work ethic needed to be an athlete.

he was given gifts. Worked hard to earn that first paycheck, then let it all go to his head and gave up.
$6 mil is a lot for a normal person but ain’t s**t for an athlete when you’ve made it to the big stage with potential for $100 mil.
Not enough people care about the longterm these days... it's "what can be done now" not "over the next 10-20 years"

Not enough people care about the longterm these days... it's "what can be done now" not "over the next 10-20 years"
I don’t think that’s much of a change since always. Younger folks are in the “now” stance and as we get older, we tend to learn more.

I do think today is much more Likely to actually get that immediate satisfaction vice generations before which will, long term, start changing that mind set as people get older.

What he did in college earned him the chance, the opportunity...what he does from there on is his chance to earn the 6 million...he blew it...he doesn't deserve 6 million because he was a standout in college and a turd once he gets paid...come on

Wilson is the problem with how rookies are paid.. millions of dollars before they prove anything at the Pro level. The NHL has it right, rookie deals maxed at 900k until they prove and "earn" their 2nd contract.

What he did in college earned him the chance, the opportunity...what he does from there on is his chance to earn the 6 million...he blew it...he doesn't deserve 6 million because he was a standout in college and a turd once he gets paid...come on

Wilson is the problem with how rookies are paid.. millions of dollars before they prove anything at the Pro level. The NHL has it right, rookie deals maxed at 900k until they prove and "earn" their 2nd contract.
That problem was recognized after the Jamarcus Russell contract.
The rookie cap was put in place.

Let’s consider how college is fighting to not pay players (openly, I have no doubt the USC pay still happens around the country) but almost every waking moment is spent on the game, or at least seems to be expected from fans, and when they reach the pinnacle of that group of so many (aka first round pick) they’ve done what they could and made huge sacrifices of free time, their body, and proved to compete at a higher level than their peers.
That rookie paycheck is a culmination of the top play in HS and in college.

From an NFL standpoint, $6 mil is t s**t. From a normal working stiff like many of us, $6 mil is life changing. For Wilson, it must have also been life changing, but what he changed into seems a waste and he’ll be broke in no time.

That problem was recognized after the Jamarcus Russell contract.
The rookie cap was put in place.

Let’s consider how college is fighting to not pay players (openly, I have no doubt the USC pay still happens around the country) but almost every waking moment is spent on the game, or at least seems to be expected from fans, and when they reach the pinnacle of that group of so many (aka first round pick) they’ve done what they could and made huge sacrifices of free time, their body, and proved to compete at a higher level than their peers.
That rookie paycheck is a culmination of the top play in HS and in college.

From an NFL standpoint, $6 mil is t s**t. From a normal working stiff like many of us, $6 mil is life changing. For Wilson, it must have also been life changing, but what he changed into seems a waste and he’ll be broke in no time.
I say pay them in college. If Wilson got paid in college he would of fucked up sooner and we wouldn't of drafted him. If you paid these guys in college it would weed out the guys who just wanna get paid and party from the guys who genuinely have a love for the sport.

I say pay them in college. If Wilson got paid in college he would of ****ed up sooner and we wouldn't of drafted him. If you paid these guys in college it would weed out the guys who just wanna get paid and party from the guys who genuinely have a love for the sport.
Good point, if they are that exceptional of athletes at that point..pay them, just not millions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back