Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, I guess I’m old old school. My dad was an alcoholic wife beating ex marine Korean War vet. I have little to no sympathy for addiction. Addiction is an INSIDIOUS process. It runs a wide swath of destruction for those around it. The addicts will sacrifice anything and everything around to avoid interruption of the supply of their addicted substance. Addicts are the most charming people on earth when they need to get what they “need”. I could go on but suffice it to say this:

the only way to help an addict is to let them hit rock bottom safely. They will rarely if ever turn it around until they’ve lost nearly everything. They will pull you down with them with no thought, compunction or guilt on their road to destruction.

personality tests, wonderlics etc try to screen for this stuff, there just isn’t any substitute for for an interview and thorough research on family history.

you can’t feel sorry for this kid. This is how addicts work it. Tough love. Old old school.

Seriously, I guess I’m old old school. My dad was an alcoholic wife beating ex marine Korean War vet. I have little to no sympathy for addiction. Addiction is an INSIDIOUS process. It runs a wide swath of destruction for those around it. The addicts will sacrifice anything and everything around to avoid interruption of the supply of their addicted substance. Addicts are the most charming people on earth when they need to get what they “need”. I could go on but suffice it to say this:

the only way to help an addict is to let them hit rock bottom safely. They will rarely if ever turn it around until they’ve lost nearly everything. They will pull you down with them with no thought, compunction or guilt on their road to destruction.

personality tests, wonderlics etc try to screen for this stuff, there just isn’t any substitute for for an interview and thorough research on family history.

you can’t feel sorry for this kid. This is how addicts work it. Tough love. Old old school.
hard to read this in comparison to the posts in the other thread. I guess weird sex addictions don't apply.

F@ck this loser. I don’t care what his “problems” are that’s causing him to self destruct like this. I hope he ends up sleeping under a bridge and eating out of garbage cans. He’ll deserve it for being a world class moron.

F@ck this loser. I don’t care what his “problems” are that’s causing him to self destruct like this. I hope he ends up sleeping under a bridge and eating out of garbage cans. He’ll deserve it for being a world class moron.
Thats a little harsh just because he didnt pan out for our football team.

Also, people should consider the fact that his addiction could be the result of the same character flaw which causes him to be a useless player. Instead of the addiction causing his problems (Though surely they make it worse)

In other words, fixing the addition may not fix him.

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The drug led to addiction, addiction is a disease. He needs medical help now. And he can be helped. But there is only so much the Titans and Dolphins can do. Sadly there was more going on than we realized for the Dolphins to cut him clean after three days. We fleeced them. And I was wrong too, clearly he doesn't want to play football and the drug has likely taken hold of his decision making. It's entirely plausible he just doesn't care about football...but more than likely he's choosing the drug over football... Ricky Williams style...which is ironic don't ya think?

Thats a little harsh just because he didnt pan out for our football team.
Not because he didn’t pan out for our football team, we have plenty of players that don’t pan out that I have no negative feelings towards. Like Mariota for instance. Good guy, tried his best.

But I have absolutely zero sympathy for stupidity, laziness and just plain moronic individuals. This type of moron is the worst type of moron. He could have the world by the balls but just flushes it all down the toilet.

Screw him. Once he’s sleeping on a park bench somewhere maybe he’ll realize what total douche bag he really is.

The drug led to addiction, addiction is a disease. He needs medical help now. And he can be helped. But there is only so much the Titans and Dolphins can do. Sadly there was more going on than we realized for the Dolphins to cut him clean after three days. We fleeced them. And I was wrong too, clearly he doesn't want to play football and the drug has likely taken hold of his decision making. It's entirely plausible he just doesn't care about football...but more than likely he's choosing the drug over football... Ricky Williams style...which is ironic don't ya think?

Bruce Smith and Jim Kelly were coke heads and still managed HoF careers

Pretty obvious his career is over at this point, anyone wishing he ends up homeless or whatever need to take a look at themselves. These types of people rarely get themselves killed, he's going to end up hurting someone else first.

Pretty obvious his career is over at this point, anyone wishing he ends up homeless or whatever need to take a look at themselves. These types of people rarely get themselves killed, he's going to end up hurting someone else first.

Speak for yourself and your crummy bet.

Come on shady motel 8 with a nappy ho....

I’m sure 4 snaps has to be the shortest career for a 1st rounder ever. Akili Smith and Ryan Leaf can breathe a sigh of relief. Wilson’s mom is polishing her $*#% kicker boots...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back