Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weve seen countless headcases get opportunities in this league

His issue is he has no NFL tape to fall back on.

But i tend to think he will get another shot somewhere

I don't see it. Maybe it's because I don't think he wants to give himself another chance.

He's done. He was a project that was drafted in the first round because JRob thought he could be eventually turn into a mack truck. Projects already have a tough time adjusting to the NFL when they put in hard work. So you can imagine a project that doesn't want to put in no work.

I don't see it. Maybe it's because I don't think he wants to give himself another chance.

He's done. He was a project that was drafted in the first round because JRob thought he could be eventually turn into a mack truck. Projects already have a tough time adjusting to the NFL when they put in hard work. So you can imagine a project that doesn't want to put in no work.
what is this project talk?

did u see his college tape?

dude was a ppl mover

what is this project talk?

did u see his college tape?

dude was a ppl mover

Yes in the run game, but was average in pass protection. I watched a lot of UGA and he was nothing special. Maybe shouldn't say project, but he had no business at all in the 1st or 2nd round. Wilson was a 3rd rounder at best.

Yes in the run game, but was average in pass protection. I watched a lot of UGA and he was nothing special. Maybe shouldn't say project, but he had no business at all in the 1st or 2nd round. Wilson was a 3rd rounder at best.
I’m thinking they saw value in him, and planned on replacement this year. It failed miserably, but I didn’t mind the thought process.

I hate it so much when GMs get mesmerised by the combine and start over drafting guys on day 1 because of their potential ‘upside’ as they have ‘long arms’, ‘speed’ the ‘right physique’ and all the buzz words that get thrown around..

They lose sight of things like horrible technique and they forget all the important stuff like can the dude actually play ball?

Almost an arrogance that they think someone can suddenly be coached up based on their measurables.. that’s what day 3 picks should be for IMO.

Sure it’s easy to criticise failed picks in hindsight but sometimes it seems GMs out think themselves and over complicate things...

Last edited by a moderator:
Each detail can be it’s own bet.
Dead
Hotel
Vomit puddle

I’ll say 9 months but some friends home and pills around.

Oh I'm definitely in on that action. I'll see your friends home and raise you a Super 8 Hotel with alcohol, weed and a crack/meth pipe in the room.

To complete my scenario there will be at least one filthy ho passed out in the room with him.

@Scarecrow is in a well, mark him down for a dui car crash with multiple fatalities.

Earlier I said we should have tried harder to make this work. After this, I am going to say I was wrong. It is pretty clear this kid is beyond the help a team can give. Looks like swapping 7th round picks is the best we could do.
so ..... Robinson gonna be held accountable for THIS miserable failure in particular????

cause he should be

so ..... Robinson gonna be held accountable for THIS miserable failure in particular????

cause he should be
I think Miami cutting him so quickly is actually somewhat of a help for JRob.

Yes, he drafted him and total waste, BUT he did get something out of him (even if very minimal) and clearly it wasn’t just Tennessee that had a problem with the guy so at least JRob won’t look like a jacka$$ from another team using him successfully.

I’m still amazed that the owners don’t have some language in the contract of rookies to protect them from something like this happening

agreed, gotta be some type of grievance or legal process to compensate with a pick or get rid of that $4m dead cap... thats a lot of money with this years tight cap space

a decade (edit - couple of decades ago ) or so ago the Raiders drafted a guy paid his signing bonus and then he died ( I cant remember how ) Raiders had to sue the estate to try and get the signing bonus back to recover the CAP - LOL

Raiders' Leon Bender Died Tragically Just Weeks After He Signed His First Contract

ran across this while looking for above...
Seahawks Sue Malik McDowell To Recoup Signing Bonus

so hopefully at some point Titans can sue The Panda and get some CAP

a decade (edit - couple of decades ago ) or so ago the Raiders drafted a guy paid his signing bonus and then he died ( I cant remember how ) Raiders had to sue the estate to try and get the signing bonus back to recover the CAP - LOL

Raiders' Leon Bender Died Tragically Just Weeks After He Signed His First Contract

ran across this while looking for above...
Seahawks Sue Malik McDowell To Recoup Signing Bonus

so hopefully at some point Titans can sue The Panda and get some CAP

I don’t think the Titans will sue, seems like a hassle I think they’re just glad to be done with him. What’s the cap hit like 4 million? I don’t think they want to fight it, they just want to be done lol

The entire premise of that article is WRONG. We know the answer, he was NOT the right pick. We have hindsight to prove it. He was an awful pick.

Of course his line coach is talking about how great he is... as long as he is getting players to the NFL how can anyone really bag on the job he is doing.. Look at Calipari at KY....He is able to sell the whole "the most important thing is helping these kids get to the NBA"... If they have a lousy year, so what "we got our kids to the NBA" and who can really bash that? If you do, then you are saying wins and losses are more important than the future of the kids and you come off as a big A-hole.

The coach lied, the coach covered for his idiot player so he could say "I have helped X amount of players develop and make it to the NFL"
Ws and Ls ARE more important than NBA futures... fact.

Want to help those 'kids'... get them the necessary resources to ensure they get actual meaningful degrees while in college

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back