Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
WR too slow?

If young was delivering the ball too late wouldn't that mean they were too fast?

The guy is throwing in a bubble with no pass rush, just a clear field. Why would he be throwing late?

They were talking about the zip on his ball, it being faster than expected. Maybe he didn't need to throw sooner for the ball to make it there in time. They shoulda clocked his ball speed as well.

I think most criticism is because he didn't throw before the break by design of the routes- not his timing or ball speed.

It would have been more impressive he threw to receivers NFL style. Apparently, he is going to be doing this today.

why do they get to throw in a shirt and shorts anyway. Let them put on pads and throw the ball, also let there be some pass rushers to get in there face and see how they react.

Most college QB's can throw good in shirt/shorts with no problem

Chad Johnson. Who would say he is one of the fastest players in the NFL??? He had a slower 40 time (for the WR's that year) at the combine before he was drafted. I'm not worried that Young didn't run a 4.40 or w.e he was expected to, he's already proved he can run the ball.

I watched him throw about 10 passes on the NFL network and he did ok but some throws were late and behind the reciever and he had trouble throwing the deep out and the deep comeback. The guys on NFL network said his footwork was a little off. It will be interesting to see Matt L. throw at his pro day he is very accurate but can he put the zip on the ball needed in the NFL to make all the throws. From watching some of Cutlers pro day and some of VY's Cutlers way ahead as an NFL ready passer.

i dont think cutlers the answer im not sold on any rookie qb's but if you can go on carson palmer then matt leinart then maybe you can judge better as they came from the same system now 1's pretty darn good in the nfl one has his chance in the next couple years. i do think if they draft young mac stay if they dont mac may depart. he knows this isnt the playoff year but he also knows next year should be but would he be willing to pass the reigns if asked who knows i think he'll be a starter somewhere for 2-3 years bmore or jets maybe his best options as he has rec's hes worked with with jmac and mase but also i wanna see him retire in titan blue.

theprizdfighter said:
True he might not be here, but if the FO plans on drafting Young (lets hope they do :)
) then they'll keep McNair around for 06.

I have said it before, if the Titans draft Young, Mcnair will be here, if they don't McNair is probably Baltimore bound

Let him go then. IMO Mac should be willing to mentor whoever we draft, VY or not and his "relationship" with Young should not be an issue to drafting Young or keeping McNair. I seriously doubt the front office is even using the McNair/Young relationship as a factor in making this decision.

Ewker is right. If we draft Young, McNair will def. be around. Why would we let him go if we took Young? Who would mentor Young? Volek??? I don't think so.

The only way I really see us without McNair this year is if we take Leinart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back