Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a break on the injury thing. He picked players that a bunch of other teams passed over and they turned into good players. End of story.

Wrong. You do not take a player who JUST SUFFERED an ACL injury in the Top 10. Even top 15 might be pushing it. Evidence? Simmons was pick 19. There were 3 other DTs taken before him... Williams, Oliver, and Wilkins.

Wrong. You do not take a player who JUST SUFFERED an ACL injury in the Top 10. Even top 15 might be pushing it. Evidence? Simmons was pick 19. There were 3 other DTs taken before him... Williams, Oliver, and Wilkins.

And again, that's irrelevant. Acting like he "fell in our laps" completely ignores the inherit risk of drafting someone with an injury issue.

And again, that's irrelevant. Acting like he "fell in our laps" completely ignores the inherit risk of drafting someone with an injury issue.

How is that irrelevant?

If it were irrelevant he would have landed in the Top 10.

And secondly, you just laid out another point.... RISK.... Jon Robinson obviously loves taking unnecessary risk :

1. a Raw, KR/PR-CB...... at 18th overall -
2. an INJURED at the time of the Draft WR (corey) who you got 1 year of production out of AFTER a gem (AJ) was found... at 5th overall...
3.a RT (I'm not even gonna mention his name) with character questions off hand during the interview process by other teams, and already having RT Dennis Kelly (who was the ONLY RT in the league who didn't allow a sack) and a screeching need for an EDGE
4. Kevin Dodd........ off 1 year of production
5. Austin Johnson....

The only difference for Simmons is that A. His recovery was much much faster than gauged and B. Every blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while..... and a @Fry (lol jp fry)

I think RISK is one thing JROB needs to pull the flight stick back up on for a little while....

How is that irrelevant?

And secondly, you just laid out another point.... RISK.... Jon Robinson obviously loves taking unnecessary risk :

2. an INJURED at the time of the Draft WR (corey) who you got 1 year of production out of AFTER a gem (AJ) was found... at 5th overall...
3.a RT (I'm not even gonna mention his name) with character questions off hand during the interview process by other teams, and already having RT Dennis Kelly (who was the ONLY RT in the league who didn't allow a sack) and a screeching need for an EDGE
5. Austin Johnson....

The only difference for Simmons is that A. His recovery was much much faster than gauged and B. Every blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while..... and a @Fry (lol jp fry)

I think RISK is one thing JROB needs to pull the flight stick back up on for a little while....
What the what?! How was Adoree a risk? He won the Jim Thorpe award, was 1st team All-American, and 2 time first team All-conference. He was as safe a bet you could get at that position in the draft. Quit making up reasons to be disappointed with JRob.

What the what?! How was Adoree a risk? He won the Jim Thorpe award, was 1st team All-American, and 2 time first team All-conference. He was as safe a bet you could get at that position in the draft. Quit making up reasons to be disappointed with JRob.

Really? Even when the scouting reports said he would be a RAW project?...

And no, the safe bets tossing out injury questioned players was Adam's and Ju Ju.... and even WITH injury lattimore and ju ju

How is that irrelevant?

5. Austin Johnson....

I'm saying the injuries were irrelevant to whether or not they were good picks or not. It doesn't matter if they had top 5 talent, taking someone coming off a serious injury is a risk in the 1st round regardless.

Again, Adoree was every bit a shutdown corner in 2018-2019, so I don't know why you keep bringing him up.

Corey Davis has had 2 good seasons out of 4. His main problem seems to be staying fully healthy. Not the sort of player you expect out of top 5 pick, but he's a solid player nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jrob pretty consistently does great in rounds 2-5 so we should just always trade back out of the first for more picks. ;)

Also, I do not count the Dodd and Austin Johnson pick because JRob had just been hired and had to use the previous regimes scouting department.

Jrob pretty consistently does great in rounds 2-5 so we should just always trade back out of the first for more picks. ;)

Also, I do not count the Dodd and Austin Johnson pick because JRob had just been hired and had to use the previous regimes scouting department.
Well, you would assume he was familiar with the drafts players from his New England tenure so I’m not sure that is fully valid. I think he owns Dodd and Johnson as mis-fires.

Is Austin Johnson really that much of a misfire? He started or was a regular rotation guy for basically 3 of 4 years, he signed a 2nd contract and he is still in the league. And the 5 or so DT's taken after him haven't really done much either (outside of 1 year by Jarran Reed).

Is Austin Johnson really that much of a misfire? He started or was a regular rotation guy for basically 3 of 4 years, he signed a 2nd contract and he is still in the league. And the 5 or so DT's taken after him haven't really done much either (outside of 1 year by Jarran Reed).

I mean, all we had was a failed FA product in Sylvester Williams ... and Antwaun Woods... so he was a better than nothing stay-on lol

But for the spot he was taken, he was most def a bust. -- guess who else was picked around that area but later, Jarran Reed.

My definite wants in that round were Jaylon/Jack, Reed, and Bell.

And as of 2020, we had only 1 of those 3 2nd round picks still on the roster.

I mean, all we had was a failed FA product in Sylvester Williams ... and Antwaun Woods... so he was a better than nothing stay-on lol

But for the spot he was taken, he was most def a bust. -- guess who else was picked around that area but later, Jarran Reed.

My definite wants in that round were Jaylon/Jack, Reed, and Bell.

And as of 2020, we had only 1 of those 3 2nd round picks still on the roster.

I'd say by your standards, about 80% of all picks are busts.

Really? Even when the scouting reports said he would be a RAW project?...

And no, the safe bets tossing out injury questioned players was Adam's and Ju Ju.... and even WITH injury lattimore and ju ju
Ahahaha! You gave me a pigeon bomb because you came up with a faulty argument?! Nice.

Ok back to this edge class....I am not very impressed with the top end of this class. Not a single one that I feel sold on taking in the 1st....I think this class has a ton of depth to it though.

since we signed Dupree we have our starters at OLBer....we can now wait till 2nd or 3rd rnd to add a backup.

We need multiple receivers and probably a cornerback and a tackle. I'm not sure we even really should be looking at an edge on Day 1 or Day 2 any more.

Ok back to this edge class....I am not very impressed with the top end of this class. Not a single one that I feel sold on taking in the 1st....I think this class has a ton of depth to it though.

since we signed Dupree we have our starters at OLBer....we can now wait till 2nd or 3rd rnd to add a backup.
Chances are JRob agrees, with the way he has acted in FA.

WR and CB are now equally, or arguably greater needs than pass rush heading into the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back