Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Landry is back in 2022 but if not edge would be a solid choice early still

It takes guys a yr to catch on in most cases

There's always a chance, but when's the last time a decent edge rusher was drafted on day 2 or 3 of the draft? Serious question, I'm claiming complete ignorance on the subject.

Maxx Crosby 2019?

There are usually about 3 or 4 out of the top 10 in sacks - Trey Hendrickson, Zadarius Smith, Danielle Hunter, Chris Jones, etc, etc.

Maxx Crosby 2019?

There are usually about 3 or 4 out of the top 10 in sacks - Trey Hendrickson, Zadarius Smith, Danielle Hunter, Chris Jones, etc, etc.

Wow, that's insane to think Chris Jones and Danielle Hunter fell out of the 1st.

For the record, I really wanted us to draft maxx crosby. Think we drafted nate Davis in the 3rd about 20 picks ahead of him, so not terrible, but we could've probably got Davis in the 4th.

We drafted AJ Brown in the 2nd and Amani Hooker in the 4th though so hard to be upset about that years draft.

Blows my mind how inconsistent these guys are drafting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's insane to think Chris Jones and Danielle Hunter fell out of the 1st.

For the record, I really wanted us to draft maxx crosby. Think we drafted nate Davis in the 3rd about 20 picks ahead of him, so not terrible, but we could've probably got Davis in the 4th.

We drafted AJ Brown in the 2nd and Amani Hooker in the 4th though so hard to be upset about that years draft.

Blows my mind how inconsistent these guys are drafting.

Thing about that is that Chris Jones was that he was was always getting in trouble in school and was really lazy. He either really grew up or KC hides it well. And Danielle Hunter was a pretty bad football player in college.

I did some digging 2 yrs back. Since 2000 theres only a handful of notable players at the position taken after the first rd.

OLB is like LT, it comes at a premium price tag. But there are cases a team lucks out in the 2nd and 3rd rd.

It would be a luxury pick amd we still have to draft for 2021 so probably wont go OLB early. But if we did Id fully understand why.

With the Dupree signing, I do agree that WR & CB are most likely the go to route but do we feel like if Barmore is there at 22 we take him?

With the Dupree signing, I do agree that WR & CB are most likely the go to route but do we feel like if Barmore is there at 22 we take him?

If all the top CBs and WRs are off the board then I certainly think we could take him.....the DT group has got to be one of the weaker groups in this draft so he could be a guy that some team trades up for.

I would be incredibly frustrated if we picked any other position in round 1 besides Edge, CB or DT in that order.
We have a WR1 & WR2 so WR3 is NOT a premium position worth a first round pick. We should be able to get a legit WR3 in rounds 2-3.
Edge and CB are the biggest needs still IMO but I’d take DT Barmore if he’s there at 22 for the added pass rush value.
Landry and Dupree aren’t even close to enough at the Edge. We need waves of pass rushers and depth. Imagine if one of them got hurt and we had to put Roberson back in there!
Edge
Edge
Edge

I think the draft sets up for us to take CB, WR, or T in the 1st.

CB isn't that deep outside the top couple dudes. You can get a good WR in the 2nd or 3rd, but Bateman and Marshall are so nice. Tackle slots well for our draft pick in the 1st.

I think day 2 is the day to take an IDL or edge. I'm also not sure Barmore makes sense after taking Autry.

I have to agree with having Autry that DT isn't a major need, but would like to have someone that can come in and give him rest but still be productive. The kid out of Arkansas looks good enough and has potential to go later rounds, but if LSU DT or OSU's there in the 3rd/ 4th he's a get.

There is a ton of CB in this class, and I don't think the quality drops off that much from top to bottom, with an improved pass rush just getting dudes my be the route here.

I feel the same way about WR as I do about CB's. In this NFL with the offensive edge, decent hands, decent routes, and decent speed and you have your #2 -3 WR. Palmer (TN) the two guys out of Auburn may be the guys late here as well.

I think Edge is where we will bury our top picks, assuming there isn't a run on them early if so and a good OT falls to us I can see us having another boring 1st round pick.

I would be incredibly frustrated if we picked any other position in round 1 besides Edge, CB or DT in that order.
We have a WR1 & WR2 so WR3 is NOT a premium position worth a first round pick. We should be able to get a legit WR3 in rounds 2-3.
Edge and CB are the biggest needs still IMO but I’d take DT Barmore if he’s there at 22 for the added pass rush value.
Landry and Dupree aren’t even close to enough at the Edge. We need waves of pass rushers and depth. Imagine if one of them got hurt and we had to put Roberson back in there!
Edge
Edge
Edge
Gotta admit, i too have been surprised at how the Dupree signing has basically removed our need for Edge help from a lot of peoples minds, and mock drafts.

This time last year, we had

Landry
Clowney
Beasley

And look how that turned out.

This year we have Landry and Dupree.

We def need more help rushing the QB

Gotta admit, i too have been surprised at how the Dupree signing has basically removed our need for Edge help from a lot of peoples minds, and mock drafts.

Landry
Clowney
Beasley

It isn't so much the signing of Dupree that did it.

It was cutting Butler, Adoree, and Kelly and letting Davis and Smith walk.

Landry
Clowney
Beasley

At least 2 more.

Got to mention Jayson Oweh after the pro day he just had, 6'5" 257 with a 4.36 40, 1.59 10 yard split, 4.15 shuttle and a 6.84 3 cone with a 39.5" vert and an 11'2" broadjump. Very much a raw player but that size/speed combo alone is worth a look, the 3 cone with that shouldn't be physically possible. He's basically a bigger and more agile/maneuverable DK Metcalf trying to get after the QB. At least worth considering if no WR falls imo

Got to mention Jayson Oweh after the pro day he just had, 6'5" 257 with a 4.36 40, 1.59 10 yard split, 4.15 shuttle and a 6.84 3 cone with a 39.5" vert and an 11'2" broadjump. Very much a raw player but that size/speed combo alone is worth a look, the 3 cone with that shouldn't be physically possible. He's basically a bigger and more agile/maneuverable DK Metcalf trying to get after the QB. At least worth considering if no WR falls imo

please no reach picks like this....show me the plays on the field in pads, not a work out in shorts......I'd take him in the 4th at the earliest.... a guy with those measurables should be causing havoc on the field but only has 7 sacks in 3 yrs and 2 FF

Shaka Toney is my day 3 dude.

1) He was the top pass rusher over Yetur Gross Matos and then Jason Oweh.
2) Ran a 4.51 forty, had a 39 inch vert, had a 1.54 split, and a 6.9 three cone.

Dude is elite getting off the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back