Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_3566.jpg

Davis has more TDs in last four yrs than a bunch of great WRs … points win games

more than Hopkins, Higgins, Allen, Aiyuk, Kittle and Cooks

if we signed Davis and Dalton Shultz we would then have 3 of the top 25 td receiving producers over the last 4 yrs since we have DHop as well…. Probably a pretty cheap way to build the offense… draft a WR early as well…

I could live with Hopkins, Davis, Schultz, Chig, draft pick and Burks.
i think davis is more suited for a deep-shot role than a true #2. wouldnt feel great about him being our big wr pickup this offseason, at all

he could be our 2nd addition and our 3/4 but the market is probably going to place him higher than that

I want no part of Gabe Davis. Constantly injured throughout his career and disappears for games at time even when he is healthy. The TDs are more a product of having a QB like Allen who consistently is among the league leaders in attempts.

I'm not super high on Pittman either. Seems more like a no. 2.

Higgins or Ridley top the list for me.

I’d try to make a trade for Waddle. Miami is $50 million over the cap and has expensive vets like Tyreek on the books for years. They need to start adding draft capital to fill out their roster. Waddle would be that deep threat we need.

I want no part of Gabe Davis. Constantly injured throughout his career and disappears for games at time even when he is healthy. The TDs are more a product of having a QB like Allen who consistently is among the league leaders in attempts.

I'm not super high on Pittman either. Seems more like a no. 2.

Higgins or Ridley top the list for me.

Davis has missed 3 games in 4 years…. I wouldn’t call that constantly injured…see Kyle Phillips for that

I do agree that his consistency is an issue and no doubt that Josh Allen likes to take deep shots has helped his stat line, but I see Levis as similar to Allen with his arm strength

I’d take Higgins or Ridley over Davis too, but if they aren’t available then I could see Davis being a decent piece to the WR room

Davis has missed 3 games in 4 years…. I wouldn’t call that constantly injured…see Kyle Phillips for that

I do agree that his consistency is an issue and no doubt that Josh Allen likes to take deep shots has helped his stat line, but I see Levis as similar to Allen with his arm strength

I’d take Higgins or Ridley over Davis too, but if they aren’t available then I could see Davis being a decent piece to the WR room

Man, I could have sworn that he missed a lot of time the last couple of years. Not sure where I got that from.

And let me clarify, it isn't that I wouldn't take Davis at all. But for the money he will likely command, he is a hard pass for me.

I’d try to make a trade for Waddle. Miami is $50 million over the cap and has expensive vets like Tyreek on the books for years. They need to start adding draft capital to fill out their roster. Waddle would be that deep threat we need.

Problem with that is he almost assuredly will cost us No. 7 (or at least a swap of 1st round picks with Miami). In either scenario, we lose out on Alt or Fashanu.

What on earth would we trade ? We have a roster to rebuild. We need to get cheaper. Waddle is fixing to get real expensive. Like AJB expensive.

WR Gabe Davis (knee) will be ruled out for Sunday's game versus the Chiefs.

Yeah let's make him our highest paid #1 receiver ...

WR Gabe Davis (knee) will be ruled out for Sunday's game versus the Chiefs.

Yeah let's make him our highest paid #1 receiver ...
I don’t think anyone argued he’s a #1.

this also would make 4 games in 4 seasons? Someone pointed out that he missed 3 games before total.

cost is legit concern. The 2024 Christian kirk is going to set how much these guys get overpaid.

I don’t think anyone argued he’s a #1.

this also would make 4 games in 4 seasons? Someone pointed out that he missed 3 games before total.

cost is legit concern. The 2024 Christian kirk is going to set how much these guys get overpaid.

He missed 2 regular season games in 2022. He is a nice receiver. But he isn’t a big money Free Agent #1 guy. He is on a team that passes a lot. But never over 1000 yards.

Man, I could have sworn that he missed a lot of time the last couple of years. Not sure where I got that from.

And let me clarify, it isn't that I wouldn't take Davis at all. But for the money he will likely command, he is a hard pass for me.
How do you know how much money he will likely command? Your first argument against him was about as wrong as you could get.

Sportac says his market is $13.5 per .

Tee Higgins $18.6 per
Calvin Ridley $17 per

Sooo… Davis is cheaper.

All those numbers seem low. PFF has locked it now, but a week or so ago they had their projections listed in their top 100 FAs. They had Davis at 15+ million. Higgins over 20 million. Evans over 20 million as well but on a 3 year deal. They actually had Ridley not much more than Davis.

Problem with that is he almost assuredly will cost us No. 7 (or at least a swap of 1st round picks with Miami). In either scenario, we lose out on Alt or Fashanu.
I’d be fine with a pick swap. Add a true #1 and still get to pick an OT later in the round. This is one of the deepest OT classes in a while. If we turned our first two picks into Waddle, Tyler Guyton and Troy Franklin (or Jackson Powers Johnson) I’d be stoked.

I be totally down for that! Get on the phone Danger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back