Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting burned deep by rookie Pierce has all but shown me he doesn't deserve to touch the field anymore this year.

Farley is and continues to be a major bust. Sucks because I really really wanted him to be our CB of the future.

Getting burned deep by rookie Pierce has all but shown me he doesn't deserve to touch the field anymore this year.

Farley is and continues to be a major bust. Sucks because I really really wanted him to be our CB of the future.
He wasn’t burned deep. He was stride for stride with Pierce but the ball was under thrown, Pierce saw it and stopped on a dime. Farley recovered immediately and made a sure open field tackle. Zero YAC. These things happen to literally every DB. I trust Farleys tackling more than Fulton’s after Sterling Shepherd made Fulton look like Kristian Noodle Arms.

I’m factoring in last years injury and the Covid year. He has the talent, just needs to be brought along more slowly is all.
You must be seeing talent I don’t. Doesn’t even look like he understands the fundamentals of the position. Exactly what happens with all busts.

giphy.gif

JRob When he sees former high prospect who’s been injured……..

You must be seeing talent I don’t. Doesn’t even look like he understands the fundamentals of the position. Exactly what happens with all busts.
Maybe I'm wrong but I think talented first rounders should contribute more right away than be brought along slowly...unless it's a QB that sits behind a vet starter

JRob does love players coming off a major injury or have a history of being injured. So now what do we have, a team with a constant revolving door of injuries all season.

Hitting on Simmons was probably a bad thing for us long term. Now Jrob thinks every injured player can be a huge home run like Simmons. It’s also seems to be carrying over to our free agents too. Dupree, Woods.

The draft is a crap shoot for every team..JRob has missed on players but he's had some good picks as well.

Won't count this year as time will tell

Good picks
Molden, Weaver, Fulton, Jackson (for a late rounder), Simmons, Davis, Hooker, Long, Landry, Henry, Byard

Still not sure
Farley, Radunz, Rice

2017 draft was a complete disappointment..lost 4 in FA.. understand the $ thing

Good picks
Molden, Weaver, Fulton, Jackson (for a late rounder), Simmons, Davis, Hooker, Long, Landry, Henry, Byard
I would add Conklin, He who shall not be named, Jayon (for a late rounder), Rashan Evans (who was always slightly above average but not great in any way) and some solid UDFA: Tart, NWI & Brewer.

Everybody acting like a torn ACL last year has nothing to do with Farley right now.

It is pretty universally understood that it takes 2 years to get back to 100%. You can probably get away with that more at some of the interior positions or offensive positions where people have to react to you.

You've got a guy that really hasn't played much football in the last 3 years. And he doesn't have full capacity to dig in a foot and change directions. As a cornerback.

There is a fair chance that he never does anything in this league. And there is a fair chance that he leaves after his rookie deal and someone else gets a really good cornerback (and JRob gets thrashed on here for letting him walk), but acting like he didn't have top 10 talent and film going into the draft is revisionist history.

I would add Conklin, He who shall not be named, Jayon (for a late rounder), Rashan Evans (who was always slightly above average but not great in any way) and some solid UDFA: Tart, NWI & Brewer.
I was more referring to the other post
regarding JRobs picks that are no longer in the team...I agree Conklin and Evans were good picks but we failed to keep for a 2nd contract. We traded up for Conklin and let him walk..true, he was coming off an ACL but an important position that we are still trying to figure out .. hopefully NPF is the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back