Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade to NE for a 3rd
I don't think teams at this point will want to renegotiate an extension on a contract with Davis....he has proven very little at this point in his career. Maybe you can get a 6th round....better to just let him play out the year and see. That said we are most likely drafting a receiver in the first 3 rounds....it will be up to Davis in keeping his stating job.

I don't think teams at this point will want to renegotiate an extension on a contract with Davis....he has proven very little at this point in his career. Maybe you can get a 6th round....better to just let him play out the year and see. That said we are most likely drafting a receiver in the first 3 rounds....it will be up to Davis in keeping his stating job.
I agree. The fact that AJ Brown came in as a rookie and thrashed him is worrisome when you’re a top 5 pick. Unless he works some kind of an amazing deal, he’s gonna he a goner.

I agree. The fact that AJ Brown came in as a rookie and thrashed him is worrisome when you’re a top 5 pick. Unless he works some kind of an amazing deal, he’s gonna he a goner.
He was hurt all last year and had no practice with tanny. Aj practiced with the 2s a lot.

He was hurt all last year and had no practice with tanny. Aj practiced with the 2s a lot.
Listen, is he bad? No...Do I like Corey? Yes. Do I think he has lived up to his draft stock? Not even close. I usually defend him because he has made some amazing catches and blocks etc, but he has to show the team more if he wants that option. He turns into a ghost quite often.

I am not sure but I bet jonnu likely had less than 62 targets and that was because of the offense. Not him. He is also a solid blocker. He was crap to start with but he is not any more. He is not great but he is a good all around te.

I will go as far to say that if there was a trade involving the 2. I would want ebron and a 3rd at the minimum for jonnu.

Jonnu isn't nearly as bad as some of the other guys mentioned at blocking, for sure. Looking at PFF, I didn't realize how much of an improvement he made this year. I don't know that I'd classify him as a "good" blocker, especially in pass protection, but his pff grades are night and day better than what he was when he 1st came into the league. Of course, all the other guys mentioned have been significantly more productive as a receiver as well.

Again, not saying I prefer Ebron (or Njoku or Cooks). I don't. I was just throwing them out as a comparison.

Listen, is he bad? No...Do I like Corey? Yes. Do I think he has lived up to his draft stock? Not even close. I usually defend him because he has made some amazing catches and blocks etc, but he has to show the team more if he wants that option. He turns into a ghost quite often.

He isn't gona get the option. But he may get resigned.

Jonnu isn't nearly as bad as some of the other guys mentioned at blocking, for sure. Looking at PFF, I didn't realize how much of an improvement he made this year. I don't know that I'd classify him as a "good" blocker, especially in pass protection, but his pff grades are night and day better than what he was when he 1st came into the league. Of course, all the other guys mentioned have been significantly more productive as a receiver as well.

Again, not saying I prefer Ebron (or Njoku or Cooks). I don't. I was just throwing them out as a comparison.
I can respect that take.

I still like to think that we could re-sign Corey especially if he wants to stay for less than the 5th year option in 2021, my case study for this would be Devante Parker in Miami, who had a very similar career to Corey’s before re-signing a team friendly deal that nullified. 10 million+ fifth year option last season.

I don't think he's going anywhere, and personally I'm glad. I liked the pick at the time and still hoping he breaks out.

I posted this in another thread a little bit ago

Your fantasy team might not like Corey Davis, but the Titans sure do

The team likes him, his teammates like him, he does things fans don't appreciate, especially for a 5th overall pick but I really don't think he's going anywhere tbh. He's obviously viewed as part of the teams success so he won't be shipped out for a late round pick.
I can see drafting a WR in the mid rounds but Brown, Davis, Humphries are our top 3.

I don't think he's going anywhere, and personally I'm glad. I liked the pick at the time and still hoping he breaks out.

The team likes him, his teammates like him, he does things fans don't appreciate, especially for a 5th overall pick but I really don't think he's going anywhere tbh. He's obviously viewed as part of the teams success so he won't be shipped out for a late round pick.
I can see drafting a WR in the mid rounds but Brown, Davis, Humphries are our top 3.
If we draft a WR in the first 2 rounds....then that's a obvious sign we will not be picking up the 5th year option, unless Davis has a suprising year. So far he is a bust, and a big one at that. Sorry guys I know he's a fan favorite, however he had plenty of opportunities to prove it here. My bet is we will draft a WR in the first round.

The last time a team had 2-1000 yd receivers was 2015

NYJ - Marshall/Decker
Jax- Robinson/Burns
Den -Thomas/Sanders
AZ- Fitz/Brown

I think Davis' and Brown can give us that and more considering Davis was dealing with an injury last year. He had 891 yds in 2018. Also were a run first offense, now with Tannehill under centre for a full season I'm hoping Davis breaks out and Brown repeats.

If we draft a WR in the first 2 rounds....then that's a obvious sign we will not be picking up the 5th year option, unless Davis has a suprising year. So far he is a bust, and a big one at that. Sorry guys I know he's a fan favorite, however he had plenty of opportunities to prove it here. My bet is we will draft a WR in the first round.
I wouldn't put any money on that bet if I was you . we've got bigger needs at DT, DE and CB than WR. Depends on signing Clowney too

NYJ - Marshall/Decker
Jax- Robinson/Burns
Den -Thomas/Sanders
AZ- Fitz/Brown

I think Davis' and Brown can give us that and more considering Davis was dealing with an injury last year. He had 891 yds in 2018. Also were a run first offense, now with Tannehill under centre for a full season I'm hoping Davis breaks out and Brown repeats.
Are you saying any team?

Diggs and Thielen each had 1k the season before last.

Are you saying any team?

Diggs and Thielen each had 1k the season before last.
Sorry, you're right, they did, I must have been looking at an old link.

Still I think Davis and Brown are capable of this ..like I said Davis does alot of things we don't see or appreciate, he's not going anywhere

NYJ - Marshall/Decker
Jax- Robinson/Burns
Den -Thomas/Sanders
AZ- Fitz/Brown

Evans and Godwin had over 1k last year.

I love corey and he was my favorite wr in that draft and I have do over shit but i wanted cmc so bad lol.

I love corey and he was my favorite wr in that draft and I have do over **** but i wanted cmc so bad lol.

I am firmly convinced that cmc would have been a bust here. Until I see otherwise, I refuse to believe the Tennessee titans are able to use a receiving back.

I wanted Lattimore for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back