Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see him back here. I feel like he may want to leave for "greener" pastures where he can be the #1 guy.

Dude has had plenty of opportunity to be the #1 guy....and yet he has not produced.....injuries and bad QB play certainly have contributed...

I think that Davis will understand why we won't pick up his 5th yr option at $14mil and won't hold that against us. If he balls out then we are going to have to pay the man, but it certainly won't be for more than 14mil.

I like Davis. He is a good teammate and isn't a diva that is afraid to block. He has helped spring multiple guys for TDs with his down field blocking, but that doesn't get you 14mil a yr. You have to command double teams to get 14mil a yr and I really doubt that DCs spend hours or even minutes or even seconds worrying about how to prevent Davis from wrecking their secondary.

Here is a scenario and let’s see if anyone finds this plausible:

We decline the 5th year option, but, if he is having a better season, we re-sign him to a multi year deal before next offseason , ideally something that is an increase over his cap hit this year as AAV but less in 2021 than the 5th year option amount
He is making 8 this year I think. Unless he drops 1200 yards and 8tds or more I dont see that. 6mil a year with incentives is what I would be cool with if he has another 800yard 5td season. He has all the intangibles to make that worth it.

I'll confess to liking Ross best of the three wr.

I also had a big crush on oj Howard...
OJ is probably about to explode this season with Brady down there.

Mike Evans is going to fall off a cliff though. Brady just does not throw to outside receivers much anymore. Hell, I think the only time he ever did was to Randy Moss.

Why does Bruce hate tight ends so much??

I can't imagine Brady would want to get rid of one of the most athletic young TE's in the game. I'm shocked that they would want to move on from him before he's even caught a ball from Brady.
Arians said multiple times last year that OJ needed to improve his blocking and wasnt coming along like he had hoped. Call me crazy, but I genuinely think Gronk may play for the bucs this year.

Arians said multiple times last year that OJ needed to improve his blocking and wasnt coming along like he had hoped. Call me crazy, but I genuinely think Gronk may play for the bucs this year.
Nah Gronk should stay away. NFL was not kind to his body

I love Bruce but sometimes these coaches just do the dumbest things and are too set in their ways.

Ok, so he's not the greatest blocker in the world, but he's one of the most physically talented receivers in the league. Send him out in routes! Use him like a big slot receiver, get creative! Don't just blame the player and say he needs to get better.

That'd be like if someone said that Lamar Jackson shouldn't run at all. He needs to be a prolific pocket passer before they're going to play him.

Nah Gronk should stay away. NFL was not kind to his body
What he should do and what he will do may not be the same. I'm sure he is feeling pretty good after sitting out and the idea of playing with Brady in a beach town without the emporer as his coach probably sounds nice.

He has options outside of football so i tend to think thatll keep him retired

He doesn't need to play anymore. He made some money, he paid for it with his body tho.

He also lost a ton of weight when he got off NFL supplements. Hed need to gain back over 20lbs to play TE again

Why does Bruce hate tight ends so much??

I can't imagine Brady would want to get rid of one of the most athletic young TE's in the game. I'm shocked that they would want to move on from him before he's even caught a ball from Brady.
Arians never used the TE position much in AZ either. Was he in Pittsburgh with Heath Miller?

Howard is talented and Brady loves the TE so it's strange they would get rid of him.

What he should do and what he will do may not be the same. I'm sure he is feeling pretty good after sitting out and the idea of playing with Brady in a beach town without the emporer as his coach probably sounds nice.

No way. That guy is half the size he was when he was playing. He'd have to hit the roids hard to come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back