Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am firmly convinced that cmc would have been a bust here. Until I see otherwise, I refuse to believe the Tennessee titans are able to use a receiving back.

I wanted Lattimore for what it's worth.
Lattimore would have been a good pick as well but I don't see how it is possible to not get production out of cmc. He might have less with us since I would see him and henry splitting time but he is just insane. He looks better than faulk and he is a hof rb.

I view Davis like the Chiefs view Sammy Watkins. He’s not our number one threat, but he makes the entire offense operate at a higher level.

The Chiefs just gave Sammy $9 million/yr with incentives that could take it to $16 million. I’d be perfectly happy with something like that for Corey.

I view Davis like the Chiefs view Sammy Watkins. He’s not our number one threat, but he makes the entire offense operate at a higher level.

The Chiefs just gave Sammy $9 million/yr with incentives that could take it to $16 million. I’d be perfectly happy with something like that for Corey.

If we pick up the 5th yr option for Davis then that is 14 mil guaranteed....certainly more than the 9m Watkins is getting...my guess is we decline it and draft a WR and see what happens...

If we pick up the 5th yr option for Davis then that is 14 mil guaranteed....certainly more than the 9m Watkins is getting...my guess is we decline it and draft a WR and see what happens...
Teams have til May to take their 1st round guys options. No need to jump the gun.

Like Dangermode said, if we want him give him 9M per yr next yr, not 14M now.

Yes, we decline and pic up a receiver....we know the outcome....was presented to us over the past 4 years. Davis is not worth more than 4 million a year on a long term contract. Pic up a receiver and dump Davis.

Sorry, you're right, they did, I must have been looking at an old link.

Still I think Davis and Brown are capable of this ..like I said Davis does alot of things we don't see or appreciate, he's not going anywhere
I definitely agree that they are capable of dual 1k seasons, but I'm not sure if our offense is cut out of that. If they played for the Rams, KC, Bucs, and maybe even Houston.. yes.

I'm just happy that we got one 1k receiver and pleasantly surprised it was a rookie. If RT can keep up his deep ball accuracy and play action game, maybe we can consistently have a productive receivers, but with DH behind him, I doubt we'll ever see 2 in one season.

I definitely agree that they are capable of dual 1k seasons, but I'm not sure if our offense is cut out of that. If they played for the Rams, KC, Bucs, and maybe even Houston.. yes.

I'm just happy that we got one 1k receiver and pleasantly surprised it was a rookie. If RT can keep up his deep ball accuracy and play action game, maybe we can consistently have a productive receivers, but with DH behind him, I doubt we'll ever see 2 in one season.
Agree, I'm looking forward to seeing what Tannehill can do over an entire season.
Your points are exactly why we won't draft a WR high this year and I don't see Davis going anywhere. He fits our offense and team mentality well. Like I've said, he does things some fans don't or refuse to appreciate.

He's talented, I see him taking a step forward this year.

I wanted Mahomes ;)
I wanted Jamal Adams but really wanted to trade back. I truly think JRob tried his best but didn't get any good enough offers. If you guys remember, we waited until the last possible second to send the pick in.

I wanted Adams first, then would of loved Corey Davis at 18. I did NOT want Mike Williams.

I recall wanting Mike Williams slightly more than Davis, but was good with either one. But I really wanted Lattimore at 5 and Howard at 18.

I also recall wanting Budda Baker really bad in the 2nd round, but he didn't fall.

I recall wanting Mike Williams slightly more than Davis, but was good with either one. But I really wanted Lattimore at 5 and Howard at 18.

I also recall wanting Budda Baker really bad in the 2nd round, but he didn't fall.
That's pretty much where I was. Lattimore/Adams at 5 and OJH/CD at 18

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted Jamal Adams but really wanted to trade back. I truly think JRob tried his best but didn't get any good enough offers. If you guys remember, we waited until the last possible second to send the pick in.

I wanted Adams first, then would of loved Corey Davis at 18. I did NOT want Mike Williams.
Joking about Mahomes, didn't know anything about him. I remember liking Adams, Howard and Davis. Was thinking we could have got Jackson in 2?
Glad we didn't take Ross that's for sure

Agree, I'm looking forward to seeing what Tannehill can do over an entire season.
Your points are exactly why we won't draft a WR high this year and I don't see Davis going anywhere. He fits our offense and team mentality well. Like I've said, he does things some fans don't or refuse to appreciate.

Here is a scenario and let’s see if anyone finds this plausible:

We decline the 5th year option, but, if he is having a better season, we re-sign him to a multi year deal before next offseason , ideally something that is an increase over his cap hit this year as AAV but less in 2021 than the 5th year option amount

Here is a scenario and let’s see if anyone finds this plausible:

We decline the 5th year option, but, if he is having a better season, we re-sign him to a multi year deal before next offseason , ideally something that is an increase over his cap hit this year as AAV but less in 2021 than the 5th year option amount
I think that's what the majority has been saying.

The question is "better season" in who's eyes? The fans? The FO?

From what I've read, the Titans are happy with Davis. Is he living up to the 5th overall pick? No, at least not in huge stats, but he's not a diva, he's talented and a hard worker. And he's been credited with being a part of the teams success.

Some say move on, personally I don't see the team doing that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agreed. Unless a stud really drops, I don't think we take a WR at least until the 3rd, but probably not until the 5th. I like Jame Proche if he's there. He has JRob written all over him.

Not to make this a draft talk... I don't think we should exercise CD's 5th year option. Let's see how much value Vrabel and JR put on "he does all the little things". I think he would understand if we don't pick it up. Hopefully he balls out and then takes a team friendly deal. #wishfulthinking

I'm ok with his yardage as a #2, between 700-800 is fine. Just would like to see his TDs go up.

I think that's what the majority has been saying.

The question is "better season" in who's eyes? The fans? The FO?

From what I've read, the Titans are happy with Davis. Is he living up to the 5th overall pick? No, at least not in huge stats, but he's not a diva, he's talented and a hard worker. And he's been credited with being a part of the teams success.

Some say move on, personally I don't see the team doing that.
I would love to see him back here. I feel like he may want to leave for "greener" pastures where he can be the #1 guy.

The problem he may run into though is no one is going to sign him to be THE #1. They might sign him to compete for the #1, but unless he absolutely goes off this year, he'd be really lucky to get anything over $10M/yr.

I wouldn't mind going ahead and locking him up to a 2 or 3 year extension at ~$8M per year in case he really did just have injuries hold him back last year and he blows up this year. He had flashes in '18 where he showed he could be an absolute stud.

And that wouldn't be a bad deal for him either, so he could hit free agency at 27 or 28.

I would love to see him back here. I feel like he may want to leave for "greener" pastures where he can be the #1 guy.

The problem he may run into though is no one is going to sign him to be THE #1. They might sign him to compete for the #1, but unless he absolutely goes off this year, he'd be really lucky to get anything over $10M/yr.

I wouldn't mind going ahead and locking him up to a 2 or 3 year extension at ~$8M per year in case he really did just have injuries hold him back last year and he blows up this year. He had flashes in '18 where he showed he could be an absolute stud.

And that wouldn't be a bad deal for him either, so he could hit free agency at 27 or 28.
I think that would be the range that would be reasonable..someone mentioned Sammy Watkins contract, he's getting 9 per year.

Agreed. Unless a stud really drops, I don't think we take a WR at least until the 3rd, but probably not until the 5th. I like Jame Proche if he's there. He has JRob written all over him.

Not to make this a draft talk... I don't think we should exercise CD's 5th year option. Let's see how much value Vrabel and JR put on "he does all the little things". I think he would understand if we don't pick it up. Hopefully he balls out and then takes a team friendly deal. #wishfulthinking

I'm ok with his yardage as a #2, between 700-800 is fine. Just would like to see his TDs go up.
Maybe we just need to pretend we took AJ Brown at 5 and Davis in round 2...;)

Absolutely ridiculous AJ fell to the 2nd. He was easily in my top 5 at wr
I had brown at 1, but I had harry 2 and campbell 3 so, who knows. Its pretty though to gauge these guys rookie production when so many of them seem to get hurt preseason after an offseason of showing off for teams so they can get picked early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back