Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until Vrabel stops running this ultraconservative offense, the Titans will continue to lose a lot of games like this to teams that they shouldnt.

Downing sucks no doubt, but the offense has basically been run, run, pass, since Vrabel became the head coach. Hell, that was the offense under Mularkey, but that can be forgiven given the personnel he had to work with it.
Sounds like Fisher football to me. It’s like he never left. So boring. Uninspired a** play calling.

Pretty pi$$ed about this one as I usually am losing to inferior opponents BUT that’s what the Titans do. Let the hype of buffalo’s incoming beatdown begin. Tennessee will be considered “in the mix” against after beating Americas newest sweethearts.

:whoopdeedo:
So let’s look forward to the exact same season THIS year too.
I just can’t see the Titans getting the number 1 seed again. Still not sure how the hell they pulled it off last year with the Downing Effect and no Henry. That was nothing short of a miracle.

The D got gashed badly, specific in the 2nd half.

THill needs to try so more down field throws although, after they started catching it, good to see so many WR get involved.

downing syndrome. WTF with the 3rd and 1 handoff to Chig?!!! Aside from a terrible screen pass in the playoffs last year, may be the worst call to date.

downing syndrome. WTF with the 3rd and 1 handoff to Chig?!!! Aside from a terrible screen pass in the playoffs last year, may be the worst call to date.
Wait until you see what else Downing has up his sleeve this season. Seems he’s been hard at work concocting unique play calls to use at the perfect times.

The D got gashed badly, specific in the 2nd half.

THill needs to try so more down field throws although, after they started catching it, good to see so many WR get involved.

It's funny everyone is yelling that he calls the obvious play every time...but when he doesnt, he gets blasted for that too. (Not that I agree with the call)

T17 ...

made some plays left oppertunities out there. did not move ball effeectifvly throught game. need to be more consistent

I have faith in fat randy. he will make next one. made them in past

No desperation. felt great. had oppertunities to kyle. got held caught other one

left meat on bone first half. felt we would score more points in 2nd half.

kyle has made palys in TC shown he can win in pratice. that translates into games. was able to make plays for us

built confidence in dontrell last seaon. showed up big for us today. has abiility

T17 is hardees player of game - yeah!

It's funny everyone is yelling that he calls the obvious play every time...but when he doesnt, he gets blasted for that too. (Not that I agree with the call)
Sometimes rhythm plays a role.

did Henry have any negative runs today? Maybe a couple zeros but none for loss that I can recall.
How many touches of any kind has Chig had? 1 catch for like 6 yards earlier?

the biggest kick in the pants about it is that Tennessee is built on D and running the ball with a style of “stop me if you want to try”. These exact plays go 100% against that, have almost a zero record of success and takes the ball out of the hands of at least 1 of the 2 best players on offense, Henry/THill.

doesn’t make sense and looks extra extra dumb when it doesn’t work which is the vast majority of the “trick” plays.

edit: I wanted to also say the Wildcat call was also stupid. Timing, placement on field, and again, the success of what was absolutely working makes that call stupid too.

Sometimes rhythm plays a role.

did Henry have any negative runs today? Maybe a couple zeros but none for loss that I can recall.
How many touches of any kind has Chig had? 1 catch for like 6 yards earlier?

the biggest kick in the pants about it is that Tennessee is built on D and running the ball with a style of “stop me if you want to try”. These exact plays go 100% against that, have almost a zero record of success and takes the ball out of the hands of at least 1 of the 2 best players on offense, Henry/THill.

doesn’t make sense and looks extra extra dumb when it doesn’t work which is the vast majority of the “trick” plays.
I somewhat agree. It's one of those if it works, he's a genius, if it doesn't, he's a tard. I'd much rather them put the ball in Henry's hands...but again, if Henry didn't get it, people would be "wTF, whY nOT pLaY acTIOn...tRicK PLAy!"

I somewhat agree. It's one of those if it works, he's a genius, if it doesn't, he's a tard. I'd much rather them put the ball in Henry's hands...but again, if Henry didn't get it, people would be "wTF, whY nOT pLaY acTIOn...tRicK PLAy!"
Some people can’t be pleased. I’d much rather go down with the ball in the best players hands. More so when record was showing that he’d get that yard.

or even out Daniel Jones them with the fake and THill run. I have yet to see the TE handoff work in Tennessee.

You’re reaching now. Nobody would complain about “trick play” Downing calling for Henry to get the ball on 3rd and 1.

Some people can’t be pleased. I’d much rather go down with the ball in the best players hands. More so when record was showing that he’d get that yard.

or even out Daniel Jones them with the fake and THill run. I have yet to see the TE handoff work in Tennessee.
they even stopped with the shuffle pass to Wycheck when it failed to actually work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back