Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re reaching now. Nobody would complain about “trick play” Downing calling for Henry to get the ball on 3rd and 1.
You may be right on that one. People would still say it was the wrong call whether it was a run or a pass...and ya know, that's really the only options.

caller complaining about Downing Syndrome

host... jarring to see how conservative Titans got.

did not directly adress downing

Dyson lot of frustration outside & INSIDE locker room. O play calling... players have to make plays

I somewhat agree. It's one of those if it works, he's a genius, if it doesn't, he's a tard. I'd much rather them put the ball in Henry's hands...but again, if Henry didn't get it, people would be "wTF, whY nOT pLaY acTIOn...tRicK PLAy!"

If we listened to the people who never blame the coaches we'd still be stuck with Mularkey.

Part of me feels like Downing is on a short leash this season and this game confirmed the idea that his play calling is already just as suspect this season as it was last. I honestly believe JRob would pull the trigger on firing him if it becomes a weekly trend.

Obviously it's just week one, but that was some of the most uninspired/dumb playcalling.

It feels like every play call is "if we can pull this off it'll be brilliant" no playing to their strengths or playing the percentages, just hit and hope.

That sweep to Chig on 3rd and 1 which saw Lewan completely miss his guy, sums it up perfectly. The percentage play to Henry is too obvious, let hit and hope on a ******* call.
It’s obvious he has no clue what he’s doing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him call a trick play that worked and that says a whole lot about his ability as a coordinator.

If this team had a competent play caller on offense, that could put teams away instead of wasting possessions, we wouldn’t have to constant rely on last second heroics. We were extremely lucky to have the record we did last year. Luck eventually runs out as you saw today. No person who knows anything about football could say that Todd Downing is the best option to run the Titans offense, and if you can’t say that, there is zero reason to keep him around. He’s not even the best option on this staff.

Well, that sucked to lose. We started off looking good first drive but the good news is everyone in the division is at about the same spot. Cows and Dolts tied and Hags lost. We'll be ok if Henry returns to beast mode.

Well, that sucked to lose. We started off looking good first drive but the good news is everyone in the division is at about the same spot. Cows and Dolts tied and Hags lost. We'll be ok if Henry returns to beast mode.
No we won’t. We run an offense from the 80’s. We were lucky we were 6-1 in the close games last year. That’s not gonna last forever. Gotta put teams away instead of this getting a lead and running clock BS.

Dontrell Hilliard was a two touchdown bright spot as a receiver. Henry always starts slow, but he looked pretty pedestrian today. I hope he's just shaking off rust, along with Hooper. Today seemed to be the Jeff Swaim show.

Dontrell Hilliard was a two touchdown bright spot as a receiver. Henry always starts slow, but he looked pretty pedestrian today. I hope he's just shaking off rust, along with Hooper. Today seemed to be the Jeff Swaim show.
I was at the game. Henry is still good but looks like he’s lost a step I’m afraid. Don’t think he will ever be what he was before.

Also, Robert Woods looked non existent. One catch from our new “#1” WR. Looks like another brilliant move by JRob. Julio will probably have a great year and we paid him to leave.

The genius JRob got rid of Julio and AJ Brown for Woods and NWI. Absolutely brilliant. I guess if you’re OC is Downing, no need to waste money on WR’s though. Not like they will be used.

The play calling is a huge problem for this team. If we don't figure this out this team is out early in the playoffs again. Good thing is our whole division sucked today.

So many big mistakes everywhere Vrabel resting this dudes on pre-season keeps hurting us everytime.

Sadly this season is already over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back