Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more positive to the game.

Stonehouse, 57.0 yard punt avg (one was from around the 50 yard line.
3/6 inside the 20.

I’ll miss Kern, but he co-signed on a good one.

What the ever living fuck was that game?

TE end around with Henry and tannehill in the backfield?

0-2 in our last two. Eleven sacks in those two games.

Henry didn't look like the King today.

Rookies looked good except for Phillips' muff.

Ugh. This one just pisses me off.

Are we sure tim Kelly is any better than downing? Even if he is I feel like a big part of our conservative offense is vrable's doing.
reminds me of that useless turd OC robiskie mularkey took retirement over firing..

press asked robiskie why he kept calling same run play robiskie said Mularkey likes that play

We need to quit getting so complacent when playing a team we should beat. Plus stop getting cute on offense. Wildcat and TE run on 3rd down. Just give it to the running back and get that yard.

We need to quit getting so complacent when playing a team we should beat. Plus stop getting cute on offense. Wildcat and TE run on 3rd down. Just give it to the running back and get that yard.
We need to stop running the wildcat all together. The NFL figured it out like a decade ago but we still feature it semi often. So irritating

View attachment 19944

I’m more angry than gutted that we lost that game. Total second half implosion across coaching / offense / defense and ST to a dud team at home, inexcusable.

Then I wake up this morning and see Swaim led our skill position players on offensive snap counts… GTFOH

Is it sad that I actually expected this to happen? I was going to go to bed at halftime, but I just knew in my gut there was a good chance they would throw it away.

The really sad part is that we lost for all the reasons that we as fans have complained about all of last year and the team did nothing to fix, mainly an unreliable kicker, poor tackling, inept OC and poor WR group (well I guess they tried to do something here by trading away our best WR and drafting a mediocre WR in the first round...).

I actually thought the D showed potential, though Fulton should be flogged for his play on the TD pass to Shepard.

One final rant from me.

Our mentality / execution when the game was on the line at the end was inept.

We took 18 seconds to waste a timeout and move backwards 3 yards so the kick is on the correct hash. Ironically Bullock's kick might have been OK from 44 yards, not 47. How do we not run at least another 1 more aggressive play to make the kick easier!?

Compare that approach to the Chiefs last year who were able to drive 13 seconds to get into FG range from their own 20.

We are a poverty team.

One final rant from me.

Our mentality / execution when the game was on the line at the end was inept.

We took 18 seconds to waste a timeout and move backwards 3 yards so the kick is on the correct hash. Ironically Bullock's kick might have been OK from 44 yards, not 47. How do we not run at least another 1 more aggressive play to make the kick easier!?

Compare that approach to the Chiefs last year who were able to drive 13 seconds to get into FG range from their own 20.

We are a poverty team.
It comes down to coaching philosophy. The Chiefs have Andy Reid. But even a defensive HC like Sean McDermott understands the value of a modern offense. But we have a defensive HC employing old school tactics. The only time the Titans ever LOOKED like a modern NFL offense was under Art in 2019/20. At least last year we could just throw it up to AJ to bail us out, but that's gone now.

If there's one thing I respect about Downing, it's his preference to run empty backfields and get the RBs involved vertically in the passing game. His play-calling can just be horribly incompetent and stale at times.

Yeah- Arthur Smith used to have a wrinkle in every other series that kept defenses on their heels, letting King Henry blast through the gap, or bounce it. The real problem I saw on replay remains Todd Downing and the impractical wrinkles his no talent azz is trying to implement.

Week 1- no need to cast crepe paper. Likely we're 0-2 after MNF- still not deadly. We just need to take care of our divisional games and keep up with the Colts.

that game was classic titans playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Ghosts of jeff fisher with that play calling in the 4th quarter. Didn't see most of the game but it looked like same vanilla offense

it was pretty obvious to me that julio was still elite just by watching him every game. even in a 3 for 40 type of game he ran hard and never dropped a pass.

dont understand why u basically give him the entire year off to get healthy and then pay money to get rid of him

I am concerned about Henry. I'm not sure if what I saw last night was a RB that got 0 snaps during the preseason or a RB that is on the downside of his career. He looked like he was running with huge weights on his feet out there.

it was pretty obvious to me that julio was still elite just by watching him every game. even in a 3 for 40 type of game he ran hard and never dropped a pass.

dont understand why u basically give him the entire year off to get healthy and then pay money to get rid of him
JRob being JRob.

Or trade your #1 WR for a #1 pick who is unproven. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back