Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I did actually look it up after posting the question. Seemed more like a baseball term, but makes sense now.
Absolutely more of a baseball term.
It's kind of stupid in football because it really only applies in OT but applies to almost every OT game.
For baseball, it happens quite a bit and can happen any given night, no extra innings required.
Basketball has no such thing (although the only sport with a "buzzer-beater") and I've never heard a hockey game use the term, but technically all OT goals are "walk-offs". maybe skate-off?

Now that the big 4 are covered, let's get into the obscure………

for relevance to the thread - :coltsblow:

It's kind of stupid in football because it really only applies in OT but applies to almost every OT game.
For baseball, it happens quite a bit and can happen any given night, no extra innings required.
Basketball has no such thing (although the only sport with a "buzzer-beater") and I've never heard a hockey game use the term, but technically all OT goals are "walk-offs". maybe skate-off?

I'm definitely more of a hockey guy than baseball
Hockey is just sudden death, cant beat Game 7 playoff OT

oh no. Term applies to many real life situations.

for example, my wife and and I were entertaining friends at a dinner. While getting desert out of the oven, she unexpectedly farted out loud. She calmly put the desert on the counter and stated to all thank you for coming and good night. she walked out of the room and went to bed.

We call that the “walk off fart” now and laugh our ass off about it. She’s such a good sport about it. But she takes beano now every dinner party. Shiz (or air) happens.

for example, my wife and and I were entertaining friends at a dinner. While getting desert out of the oven, she unexpectedly farted out loud. She calmly put the desert on the counter and stated to all thank you for coming and good night. she walked out of the room and went to bed.

We call that the “walk off fart” now and laugh our ass off about it. She’s such a good sport about it. But she takes beano now every dinner party. Shiz (or air) happens.

That's terms for divorce right there.

lol. I'll have to watch for some extra "walk offs" in real life situations. That's a good one.

If we continue to play our corners 10 yards off the ball, the result will be the same. Again hope Adoree and Fulton are back and we can jump some of those slants and screens.
At this rate they might bring Adoree back in time if and when they make the playoffs. What a lost season for this guy...

Not to confuse a wipe-off with a walk-off...

Buckner and Autry out. That’s huge. OL is banged up like ours. Colts are banged up. If we don’t gift them 14 points and miss FGs I feel pretty good about this game.

Buckner and Autry out. That’s huge. OL is banged up like ours. Colts are banged up. If we don’t gift them 14 points and miss FGs I feel pretty good about this game.

About time "they" have an impact player missing as we face them , always the other way around ...

Bobby Okereke Ruled Out Sunday Against The Titans; Denico Autry, DeForest Buckner Also To Miss Game

7IgWM.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back