Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning your division and getting a 1st round bye is huge! If you can’t win your division or beat your division opponents Atleast once you really have no business being in the playoffs. How do you think the Patriots won so many super bowls over the years, look what happened to them when they didn’t have the first round bye last year.
May have been an anomaly on what you're saying, but I don't think the Pats won all those SB just because they won their division or got a bye.
Last year the Titans did neither and were a half away from the SB and I don't think the crowd is why they lost to KC.

Then why did he bring up the example of the Texans winning the divisions and having nothing to show for it? He is definitely just ignorant.

This year is different but it’s still important. We agree there for sure.

Then we can agree on he is ignorant and this year is different.

May have been an anomaly on what you're saying, but I don't think the Pats won all those SB just because they won their division or got a bye.
Last year the Titans did neither and were a half away from the SB and I don't think the crowd is why they lost to KC.

Of course a team can overcome not winning their division, but winning the division helps a lot in most years. How many wild card teams have won the super bowl over the last 20 years vs division winners? Not many. It can be done but it is hard.

Question...For the OT win vs Ravens, why are they saying Henry's TD was a "walk off score"? It wasnt the first play of ours in OT.

Question...For the OT win vs Ravens, why are they saying Henry's TD was a "walk off score"? It wasnt the first play of ours in OT.

Walk off does not mean the first play. It is simply a score that ends a game. A walk off single or home run doesn’t have to come in the first pitch. It just have to end the game with a win.

Walk off does not mean the first play. It is simply a score that ends a game. A walk off single or home run doesn’t have to come in the first pitch. It just have to end the game with a win.
Weird way to say it, especially in a sudden death situation when the next score ends the game, regardless of how many plays before it.

Then we can agree on he is ignorant and this year is different.

Whoa... ignorant ? So we go to personal attacks? Ok. Cool... What do you not understand about what I wrote? The Texans won division title after division title and how did it help them get to a Super Bowl? How? How many did they get too or win? How many AFC Championship games did they get to after winning all those Division titles? NONE!
Of course I would like to win the division, but to say they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs because they didn’t is in fact ignorant. Most teams that win Super Bowls win their division.I get that. But the playoff system has changed and I bet that changes and especially this year with no fans in the seats. But to be clear, I’m not ignorant.

Whoa... ignorant ? So we go to personal attacks? Ok. Cool... What do you not understand about what I wrote? The Texans won division title after division title and how did it help them get to a Super Bowl? How? How many did they get too or win? How many AFC Championship games did they get to after winning all those Division titles? NONE!
Of course I would like to win the division, but to say they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs because they didn’t is in fact ignorant. Most teams that win Super Bowls win their division.I get that. But the playoff system has changed and I bet that changes and especially this year with no fans in the seats. But to be clear, I’m not ignorant.

I didn’t even know who said what man. Not a personal shot at you. Sorry to insult. I am just saying if someone argues winning the division doesn’t matter most years, that is an ignorant position. You acknowledge that it matters here, so that is clearly not your position. Are their examples of division winners that don’t go far in the playoffs? Of course. But winning it matters a lot...this year it doesn’t matter nearly enough.

Do you want to know what I think about this game????!!!!!! Those dirty Clots are lucky that our punter just got off the Fed Ex truck last game!!!! We will be out for blood of their mothers!!!!!!!! Phillip Rivers still sucks!!!!! We will crush them into the dirt!!!!!! We will beat them so bad Peyton Manning’s Forehead will shrink!!!!!!!

Titans 698
Clots 4 for Peyton’s Foreheads

I didn’t even know who said what man. Not a personal shot at you. Sorry to insult. I am just saying if someone argues winning the division doesn’t matter most years, that is an ignorant position. You acknowledge that it matters here, so that is clearly not your position. Are their examples of division winners that don’t go far in the playoffs? Of course. But winning it matters a lot...this year it doesn’t matter nearly enough.

Then we agree. My only point bringing up the Texans was actually just taking a shot at them that they have wasted talent and chances to move on. It just isn’t enough to just win the division and make an early exit which they have always done. Winning the division does matter just not as much this year as it normally would.

Do you want to know what I think about this game????!!!!!! Those dirty Clots are lucky that our punter just got off the Fed Ex truck last game!!!! We will be out for blood of their mothers!!!!!!!! Phillip Rivers still sucks!!!!! We will crush them into the dirt!!!!!! We will beat them so bad Peyton Manning’s Forehead will shrink!!!!!!!

Titans 698
Clots 4 for Peyton’s Foreheads

We're going to win by at least 63 points !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back