Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having to travel and being on your own field is still important. Plus some cities are allowing fans. Definitely matters.

Read that I said not as much this year. Sure you don’t have to travel. That helps a bit. And some fans? 1/6 full? Again, how much does this effect a game? Marginally at best. Home game means far less this year. Is there a small bump? Ok, but it is quite small.

I had us splitting with the Colts this year. Im confident well find a way to pull thos next game out. Browns are 7-3 but are beatable. I had us 10-6 coming in and i see that being the case with the final 6 games.

Vrabel and the defense need to play closer to the line of scrimmage. If we have tbe DBs playing back a lot, Rivers will pick us apart on those easy short passes. Im sure well switch something this week. Vrabel has shown to do that since hes been here.

Read that I said not as much this year. Sure you don’t have to travel. That helps a bit. And some fans? 1/6 full? Again, how much does this effect a game? Marginally at best. Home game means far less this year. Is there a small bump? Ok, but it is quite small.

Having 15-20k fans would make a difference for sure. You can tell the difference on TV even. Home field advantage is still important and winning the division still matters (which is what the poster I responded to said). So if you’re siding with him you’re just as crazy.

Good examples are in 2011 and 2018. Even in 2016, getting swept by the Colts gave the Titans little margin for error and losing to Jags was the final nail in the coffin.

2016. Finished 9-7 no playoffs. Texans won division at 9-7. Lost to colts 2 times (beat Houston week 17).

2013 finished 7-9. Colts won division at 11-5. Titans lost to them 2 times. Win those games and they win the division.

There are so many examples of this.

Having 15-20k fans would make a difference for sure. You can tell the difference on TV even. Home field advantage is still important and winning the division still matters (which is what the poster I responded to said). So if you’re siding with him you’re just as crazy.
What Stadiums are allowing 15000 fans? Not many if at all and come playoff time when it is full blown crazy again we may have no fans at all. Most places are allowing 0-7500. If you think 7500 is a home field advantage you are the one that’s crazy. By the way they are piping in fan noise. You aren’t hearing crowds. The announcers are even commenting on how they can hear what’s being said on the field now. Winning the division matters. Just not as much as it used too. Only 1 bye week. I understand the preference of playing at home.

What Stadiums are allowing 15000 fans? Not many if at all and come playoff time when it is full blown crazy again we may have no fans at all. Most places are allowing 0-7500. If you think 7500 is a home field advantage you are the one that’s crazy. By the way they are piping in fan noise. You aren’t hearing crowds. The announcers are even commenting on how they can hear what’s being said on the field now. Winning the division matters. Just not as much as it used too. Only 1 bye week. I understand the preference of playing at home.

Literally the game last night had 15k fans. No crowd noise.

Literally the game last night had 15k fans. No crowd noise.

If you think 15k fans makes much of a difference ok. It is one fourth the fans so one fourth the noise. The entire point is winning the division means less this year. Of course it is better to win it. But not as important as usual. I am guessing we agree on that and just disagree on the degree of how much less it matters.

If you think 15k fans makes much of a difference ok. It is one fourth the fans so one fourth the noise. The entire point is winning the division means less this year. Of course it is better to win it. But not as important as usual. I am guessing we agree on that and just disagree on the degree of how much less it matters.
It’s important from the standpoint of positioning and who you play and the number of games you have to play. Wild Card teams play an extra game.

15k people is a hell of a lot different than this pumped in crowd noise.

Also the argument isn’t just this year. The Texans were brought up as an example. So don’t act like you are just comparing this year to previous seasons.

These nail bitters are what makes being a fan so much fun

Sure a 42-13 type win would be comforting, but also a little boring
I know what you mean, but a blowout in our favor would mean we played close to a complete game and that vrable had a great game plan.
Either that or the Titans get lucky with their corners slipping or tripping, a couple lucky interceptions etc.

It’s important from the standpoint of positioning and who you play and the number of games you have to play. Wild Card teams play an extra game.

Most years, yes, but not this year. Only one team gets a bye. The debate is over how much it matters this year.

Also the argument isn’t just this year. The Texans were brought up as an example. So don’t act like you are just comparing this year to previous seasons.

I am pretty sure no one here is arguing that most years it doesn’t matter. If someone actually is they are ignorant. I am pretty sure the point was this year is different.

A season split never sounded so nice but payback is due.

Kill the Colts, end their dreams, and put the old mares out of their misery.

Texans been winning the division for years. They have what to show for it? Winning the division is nice, but it isn’t the end all be all. It’s just not a big deal anymore with the playoff format.
Winning your division and getting a 1st round bye is huge! If you can’t win your division or beat your division opponents Atleast once you really have no business being in the playoffs. How do you think the Patriots won so many super bowls over the years, look what happened to them when they didn’t have the first round bye last year.

Winning your division and getting a 1st round bye is huge! If you can’t win your division or beat your division opponents Atleast once you really have no business being in the playoffs. How do you think the Patriots won so many super bowls over the years, look what happened to them when they didn’t have the first round bye last year.
You dont get a bye just cause you win your div

You get to host at least 1 game tho

I am pretty sure no one here is arguing that most years it doesn’t matter. If someone actually is they are ignorant. I am pretty sure the point was this year is different.

Then why did he bring up the example of the Texans winning the divisions and having nothing to show for it? He is definitely just ignorant.

This year is different but it’s still important. We agree there for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back