Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am fairly certain I have already explained my opinion on what happened. But just for you I’ll say it again. I said they could lose if they made mistakes. They did They got their butt whipped. They made the mistakes you can’t make against any NFL team and expect to win, they came out flat, called stupid trying to get too cute plays and lost momentum early. This team should never defer kickoff, they should take the ball every time and set the tone. Having said that ,my opinion on the Browns doesn’t change, it’s a team they should have destroyed. Just like the 1st Colts game, they let it get away from them. They looked bad in the 1st half. Played better in 2nd half and made it closer than it should have been. Titans are still, with a bad defense a better team than the Browns. I’m not going to whine about my team being 8-4 and leading the division, The Titans will still end up in the AFC Championship game again. Where they get killed by the Chiefs.

But I’m going to support my team, not jump off any cliffs. Vrabel doesn’t suck. Smith doesn’t suck. Hump doesn’t suck. Etc etc. Defense is a weakness. The offense has to stay on the field. They didn’t in the 1st quarter and it cost them the game,

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s actually almost impossible for them not to make the playoffs. They would have to lose out. That isn’t happening. You would have said they were 1 and done last seasons too. So chill. Defense sucks. This isn’t new. This Titans team shouldn’t be deferring kickoff. They should take the ball first and set the tone on offense,
1 and done.

Defense was WAY better last season.

This is the second loss I’m ashamed of, the other the Bengals. If we lose to Detroit I am seriously medicating. Who shows up next week, Jekyll or Hyde?

We don't win code blue games. Next year code blue game put the team in Navy and opponent in a powderpuff color of whatever they wear.

The D is soft.. 10 yards off the WR, too many missed tackles and no pass rush.

Tennessee Tough? The D didn't get that memo

Vs Detroit next...great game to get Matt Patricia as DC

1 and done.

Defense was WAY better last season.

Way better is over the top. The defense is playing without their CB1 and 3 players you expect production from in Beasley, Clooney and Brown. It didn’t turn out like they planned it. Having said that the defense statistically is about the same as it was last season,

Way better is over the top. The defense is playing without their CB1 and 3 players you expect production from in Beasley, Clooney and Brown. It didn’t turn out like they planned it. Having said that the defense statistically is about the same as it was last season,

Third down defense has had a major drop off. Last season, teams converted at about a 40% clip. Not great, but it was middle of the road.

This year, it was 52% before the Browns game, and that number certainly went up a little.

Third down defense has had a major drop off. Last season, teams converted at about a 40% clip. Not great, but it was middle of the road.

This year, it was 52% before the Browns game, and that number certainly went up a little.

Oh no doubt the Defense has regressed. Not having Jackson hurts. Not having the pass rushers they thought they would have hurts. I am convinced they raided Casey for Cap space but only after they knew Clowney was signing here. It didn’t work out,

Titans are still the better team, but we should have seen this coming as soon as the national media started hyping up Henry for MVP and focusing on our win over Indy. Classic Titans.

Team was competitive last season with that defense... now it is literally losing us games - potentially the season.

That's a huge drop.

My cable went out 3 minutes before the game started.
I just watched the highlights
Mayfly had all day to throw. I thought they learned from the last two games, good things happen when you get pressure.
Lots of lollygagging and waiting around for runners to come to them, and even then they sometimes got juked.
On a good note, our defense seemed slightly better in the 2nd half, possibly due to the browns trying to get the embarrassment over.
A couple dropped passes and fumbles at the worst time eliminated any chance for a comeback.
I didn't see a very good Browns team, I saw a lackluster defensive effort from the Titans and some very questionable coaching.
Thirty something points will win most NFL games.
Of course, I am too judgemental after a loss. Especially a game we should have won.

It’s actually almost impossible for them not to make the playoffs. They would have to lose out. That isn’t happening. You would have said they were 1 and done last seasons too. So chill. Defense sucks. This isn’t new. This Titans team shouldn’t be deferring kickoff. They should take the ball first and set the tone on offense,

1. Steelers 11-0
2. Chiefs 10-1
3. Browns 9-3
4. Titans 8-4
4. Colts 8-4
4. Bills 8-4
4. Dolphins 8-4
-
8. Raiders 7-5
9. Ravens 6-5
10. Patriots 6-6

We're basically one loss from being outside of the playoffs. Playoffs are NOT a lock. There could easily be a 10-6 team left out of the playoffs.

1. Steelers 11-0
2. Chiefs 10-1
3. Browns 9-3
4. Titans 8-4
4. Colts 8-4
4. Bills 8-4
4. Dolphins 8-4
-
8. Raiders 7-5
9. Ravens 6-5
10. Patriots 6-6

We're basically one loss from being outside of the playoffs. Playoffs are NOT a lock. There could easily be a 10-6 team left out of the playoffs.

Why so many 4th seeders in your eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back